Fan Clubs

Umaga has died

Guest Cathal

PWTorch has learned that former WWE star Umaga (Eddie Fatu) was found dead today by his wife.

The original suspicion on cause of death is prescription pills, as Umaga was reportedly found bleeding from his nose and mouth.

We have also learned that WWE will be issuing a statement later today or this weekend.

Umaga was released from WWE in June after failing WWE's Wellness Policy for the second time. He was on the Hulkamania Tour in Australia that just concluded last weekend.

RIP.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edward Fatu, 36, is hospitalized in Houston and in what was described as life threatening condition by a long-time friend.

Details are sketchy at this point but he apparently fell asleep last night while watching television, and several hours later, his wife found him not breathing with blood coming out of his nose and he was rushed to the hospital.

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/11543/

EDIT: And The Torch have pulled their story, so he's not dead just yet.

Edited by DraVen

I think drugs played a part in this, I really hope his condition improves.

Finding him without breathing and bleeding out of the nose after a few hours isn't really a good sign though.

According to 411Mania.com, he might be brain dead at this point, but it has not been confirmed. Here is their report:

Former WWE star Eddie "Umaga" Fatu has been hospitalized in an ICU unit in Houston, TX. Reports are going around that he is now brain dead, but that has not been confirmed by his family. WWE called it a "grave situation." His condition is thought to be life-threatening and his family was told to get into town and to the hospital right away.

Details are a bit sketchy at this point, but he was apparently found by his wife this morning, not breathing with blood coming out of his nose.

Guest HH-Evolution

This sounds like a pretty fatal situation, really.

Wishing him the best, but...Something tells me we're not gonna have a happy ending on this one.

If he's brain-dead, then...well...yeah, this is pretty much it.

I'm sad to say that things are looking even worse for Umaga as WrestleScoop.com reports the following:

Reports are coming in that Edward “Umaga” Fatu was pulled off life support minutes ago. His family has been told to come into town as quickly as possible. Family members have been told he suffered a heart attack.

There is quite the Twitter campaign going on with Umaga at #8 on the "Trending Topics" list. A lot of people pulling for him.

Sounds like a ruptured cerebral Aneurysm (by the fact he's internally bleeding & supposidly in a coma)...doesn't sound promising that he's been taken off life support this quickly, especially as 40% of people who suffer from a rupture die within 24 hours (25% die from complications within 10 months), lets hope he's in the remaining 35%

Guest hendrixsummer69

For **** sake when will wrestlers stop using this **** he looks like a big guy he should be able to get muscule on his own (its not like hes a skinny guy)

I dont know about properly but cmon there comes a point and the wrestling industry NEEDS! to change or it will keep happening and more wrestlers will die

i know it may be for a push but its not worth your life he had the size to do the character without steriods he looked like a big guy

Guest The Beltster
The pain pills killed him if its drugs related, and if he was on steroids, he has zero telltale signs and obviously just took them and didnt bother actually going to the gym or working out at all. He might have used steroids for injuries and quick healing if he was on them.

Guest Jimmy Redman

This is awful. He is so young.

Meltzer just updated that he is still alive, but they have taken him off life support so its basically only a matter of time.

This really sucks.

Guest The Beltster

If this is drug related, serves him right. I'm tired of these pro wrestlers never learning from the billion examples they have been given by other wrestlers dying young.

WWE really dodged a bullet here. They can make a point of saying they fired him after he failed Wellness and refused rehab, makes them look great.