Fan Clubs

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

TNA declare war... a MONDAY NIGHT War (well, more like a girly slap across the chest)

Dead Crow

"It will be announced within the next few hours that TNA Wrestling will be doing a three-hour live show on 1/4 featuring the return of Hulk Hogan and several other debuts. My feeling is that when WWE and USA find out, they will schedule a three hour Raw for that night, so there is a good chance both sides will go head-to-head from 8-11 p.m. At this point, this is the only Monday show planned but depending on how the ratings go, it could lead to a permanent move.

I should mention that here besides Hogan and Dixie Carter are Eric Bischoff, Jimmy Hart, Ed Leslie and The Nasty Boys."

Linky Link

This should be fun. Obviously, this means little to UK fans as we don't get Impact live. But IF you had to choose your poison, which would it be? A three-hour Raw with Vince on the defence and the rumoured but not-too-likely (although Vince may push the issue hard) return of The Rock as guest host? Or a live three-hour Russofest with Hogan and Brian Knobs debuting on the offensive?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never thought I'd see a Hogan promo on a UFC show. Not a bad idea announcing it on this show either, it sure could help them attract a few viewers.

Guest The Beltster
If TNA were lucky and Spike co-promoted TNA and Hogan with UFC on a consistant and serious basis, they might do quite well...problem is, UFC have nothing to benefit from being associated with TNA and Hogan cant work anymore, so I'm not really sure why anybody would tune in every week just to see him talk. If he is behind the scenes and not on TV much, his value as a draw, whatever that might be in 2009, will be negated anyway.

If it forces Vince to pull out all the stops and get someone like the Rock then I would definitely watch. But if it's the same old shit, then I might give TNA a look at 8-11, then I would watch Raw when it is rerun at midnight.

If it forces Vince to pull out all the stops and get someone like the Rock then I would definitely watch. But if it's the same old shit, then I might give TNA a look at 8-11, then I would watch Raw when it is rerun at midnight.

Fiona sweared! Fiona said a swear word! Fiona is a naughty person! :P

For one thing, I'd like to see another Monday Night War. And if it does happen, I'll still watch both, but I'll probably end up rooting for the underdog.

Guest The Beltster
Vince wont need to fight, he wont have a fire lit under his ass, his product wont improve from the worthless shite it is now because its TNA, they cant compete, Vince knows they cant. He isnt worried about them any more than he is ROH or ECW back in the day.

Guest Jimmy Redman
On TUF Hogan did tease that he would wrestle, but it wasnt like he sounded like he was going to, it just sounded like a vague tease to make people watch.

Guest The Beltster

If Hulk planned to wrestle, he'd say he was gonna wrestle and TNA would be promoting the hell out of him wrestling. There is no way.

"Never say never!" and "You never know!" means "No f*cking way am I wrestling!"

Guest Jimmy Redman

Exactly.

As far as I can tell this is only a one-off Monday night live show too, so its not exactly the Monday Night Wars again, at least yet.

Guest Dante Spears

As far as I can tell this is only a one-off Monday night live show too, so its not exactly the Monday Night Wars again, at least yet.

Then it's the Monday Night Skirmish

It's the Monday Night "We're in the same place and we'll glare at each other from across the bar in an uncomfortable way" but that's not very catchy...

Line of Wrestling observer today: Meltzer spoke to both Dixie and Hulk at the UFC show, and Dixie was telling him everything and was excited that she'd managed to keep the news and UFC announcement as such a secret. "I didn't have the heart to tell her that I knew."

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Raw will decimate iMAPCT on this night and if I am wrong about that then I will do something crazy that will be decided at a later date.

I know that Dixie is all excited and fully expects Hogan being debuted will draw a 10.0 but in reality I will be suprised if they scrape a 1.2 as they will be going up against not just Raw but Monday Night Football etc.

TNA haven't rushed the Impact debut of Hogan and it's to their credit (unless it's Hogan's decision and not the company's). From the moment the deal was made public knowledge, Hogan and TNA have had everyone talking, so hyping the shit out of his first appearance has been smart... but we'll see if it pays off.