Fan Clubs

How would you rate yourself in terms of ability?

Guest MojoPogo

Guest MojoPogo

Playing Forza 3, which allows you to tailor it so if you're rubbish at games (a la me), its a lot more forgiving, I've never been a fan of punishingly hard games, a lot of which seem unfair. Give us gamers a chance to decide how we play through it i say.

Anyways, how would you rate yourself in terms of ability, and maybe list the gaming achievement you're most proud of.

Me? Very simple, the first time I actually managed to pull off a spinning piledriver consistently on SF2. I'd spent literally months playing the damn thing, and sometimes pulling it off out of sheer luck and button mashing, and when i finally MASTERED it, it was like a fanfare played in my mind. Brilliant. A small one, yet brilliant for me nonetheless.

Guest John Hancock
Probably about a 7/10. I can complete pretty much any game I play, but on nothing higher than the middle difficulty most times, and I can't do it in sort of particularly fancy way. Most of my friends are better than me.

Probably about a 7/10. I can complete pretty much any game I play, but on nothing higher than the middle difficulty most times, and I can't do it in sort of particularly fancy way. Most of my friends are better than me.

Probably the same as this, though it'd depend on the game, too. My problem is that I rarely complete games, 'cause I always start others. My friend Hari calls me the ADD gamer. :lol

Guest The Beltster

I've always been pretty good, able to pick up and play and learn the moves pretty quickly etc. Depending on the game is what I'd rate myself really.

NBA games, 10, I'm unbeatable, I never lose. Wrestling games, 9, rarely lose. Racing games, 3, I'm relatively crap. Shooters, 7, I can complete them but never higher than medium or I get frustrated.

I'm really harsh on myself, so I'd say 6/10. I get really frustrated with games, but for 360game, I always need to get achievements. I usually get bored of games and never go back to them.

I typically suck at driving games because they really don't match how it feels to drive at speed, which makes it really hard for me to judge braking etc.

Wrestling games, it depends. SvR2007 on PS2, I utterly rocked but on the PS3 the L2/R2 triggers are wack, so countering is difficult. On the 360 I beat most everyone I play (to the point my friends won't play me anymore) and have since I picked up the controller, as it plays identically to the PS2. I suck in speciality matches especially ladders.

Apart from that, I tend to play RPG's where I think I'm quite good (hard to be bad) and strategy games, like starcraft , warcraft etc which I'm ok at.

Shooters, or anything which requires twitch reactions (like monking in PvP in Guild Wars) I suck at, big time.

I'd say I'm probably 7/10, though I do have issues with finishing games as I get OCD about getting everything in RPG's. I once replayed FF7 from scratch because I missed a single chest I couldn't go back for.

Edited by etz

Driving. sports and wrestling games I'm horrible, would rate myself a 1/10. Shooting games are marginally better at about a 4/10. Where I excel is platform or RPG games. Finished all of the Zelda and Metroid games with not much trouble, and right now I'm into Resident Evil and Call of Duty Modern Warfare. Love those games.

Can't play the Gameboy or PSP worth a damm though, screen is too small.

It seriously depends on the individual game with me. For instance, I am very good at Tekken games, good but not great with Mortal Kombat games, good at Street Fighter II etc. But, I am completely hopeless at Samurai Shodown V. And since they are all fighting games, I can't really lump them into one category if my abilities vary from game to game.

So in other words, it depends on each individual game, regardless on genre, and I can't accurately rate myself in this regard.

Edited by ShaolinHandLock

in terms of pes i am good going forward but suck defending but i love pes its great

Much like your debating skills! *rimshot* :lol

As for my gaming skills, I'm not hugely great at action games, FPS' and such, I'm absoultely terrible at realistic racing games, such as Forza, GT, PGR, etc. Even to the point where I never completed GTA: San Andreas because the Wu-Zi-Mu mission pissed me off so much.

Otherwise, I'm grand.

I am a smart player rather than a good player for instance - when playing a little known new game called call of duty ( you MAY of heard of it) . I will camp out a spot and get a kill , nothing clever there, but once I kill someone with a high ranking they will be incensed so as soon as I kill them I move and then camp/watch the spot I was camping from and get them again , this drives them mad and they come for my new spot . As mad as this seems it works to the point that you can lay on the ground out in the open watching the spot you were in and the irrate uber twin shotguns player will run right pass you in his rage. I have managed to keep a positive kill ratio just by being clever , at my age the old reactions are way to slow.

I am terrible at fighting games and resort to button mashing, tactical games I fair better at, anything turn based also as it gives me time to think.

Gaming achievements, I have had a few that I am proud of, but one stands out and that was getting the 1000 gamer score for Forza2, when I got that last one 1million ONLINE credits I could have danced for joy.

One other quick mention to the first time our guild ( going back a bit now) killed Onyxia in WoW, after 4 hours of trying that night.

As has been said, it depends on the game, but, on average, I'd say I hover around a 7 or an 8 (with sports/racing driving games being my worst - 3 or 4 - and third-person fighters/shooters being my best - 9 or 10).

I am a smart player rather than a good player for instance - when playing a little known new game called call of duty ( you MAY of heard of it) . I will camp out a spot and get a kill , nothing clever there, but once I kill someone with a high ranking they will be incensed so as soon as I kill them I move and then camp/watch the spot I was camping from and get them again , this drives them mad and they come for my new spot . As mad as this seems it works to the point that you can lay on the ground out in the open watching the spot you were in and the irrate uber twin shotguns player will run right pass you in his rage. I have managed to keep a positive kill ratio just by being clever , at my age the old reactions are way to slow.

Most of us hate campers, my kill rate is in the negative because of campers. PM me your online name and I'll look for you online.

Camper's usually only stay in one (a few,at most), tactically superior spots.

Yea I know they get me every time. The thing is there is different maps and many places to hide. I can't stand just sitting there and waiting for someone to come into my line of fire that's boring as hell. Usually when the team I'm on finds a camper it's all out war on him or her.

Yea I know they get me every time. The thing is there is different maps and many places to hide. I can't stand just sitting there and waiting for someone to come into my line of fire that's boring as hell. Usually when the team I'm on finds a camper it's all out war on him or her.

I wouldnt consider it camping, to me that is sitting in one place the whole game, as I said I move from each spot after one kill, allbeit to watch that spot from somewhere else. Yeah I understand the frustration of the other players in fact, I am counting on it. I get frustrated also .

Dual shotguns killing me with a larger range than an assault weapon,

Guys who run around with the knife boost jumping across the room through bullets,

Noob tubers who use one man army perk to restock the pipebombs and then spam,

Javellin missile glitchers who get 100+ kills per map,

Nuke boosters who hide and kill each other to nuke the map,

My way of playing just suits my play style, I am to slow to play the run around way and with the kill cam permanent camping is virtually obsolete.

Anyway, you are more than welcome to come help negative my kill ratio, it is after all only a game , I only play Domination though , I like that game (Bones n Hombre (not one for talking mind you )).

Guest Jimmy Redman

I suck, pretty much.

I'm not a frequent gamer, though, and I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've played fighting/shooter/war/killing/adventure games. I suck at any kind of shooting, killing, fighting (wrestling excepted), I suck at any long-term adventure game where you have to find the keys and jump onto all the poles and rescue all the people and complete the levels and all that stuff.

Wrestling I'm...OK. I play them the most often but still rarely ever wrestle matches (I spend most of my time on CAW). I wasnt bad on the older SD games, but whenever they changed the controls to that "strong grapple" where you have to use the L and R joysticks and sh*t, cant do it anymore.

I'm the best at driving games. I can drive quite well on games, and its something that I actually have the patience to stick with.

The only game I have ever completed in my entire life is Need 4 Speed: Underground 2. And it took me, well I got the game when I was like 13 or 14, and I finished it, I think it was almost 2 years ago now. So it took me roughly 4 years. But thats just because I dont play long enough or often enough. This was the only game I've ever played enough to complete.

The best games are things like Poker, or Buzz, where there's a minimum of video game skill required, and I can just win because I'm smarter.

This was an awful big post for something I confess I only ever bother with every so often. Might go and play something now, actually.