Fan Clubs

WWE Royal Rumble 2010 Discussion Thread - January 31, 2010 from Atlanta (#23)

TPIB

The 23rd annual WWE Royal Rumble will come to you, live on pay-per-view, from the Philips Arena in Atlanta, GA on January 31, 2010.

The official theme songs for the 2010 Royal Rumble are "Hero" by Skillet, off of their newest album, "Awake", which is available now and "Martyr No More" by Fozzy, off of their newest album, "Chasing The Grail", which will be available on January 26.

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/posters/rr10.jpg

Confirmed Matches/Events

30-Man Royal Rumble Match

WWE Championship:

Sheamus © Vs. Randy Orton

World Heavyweight Championship:

The Undertaker © Vs. Rey Mysterio

ECW Championship:

Christian © Vs. Ezekiel Jackson

Women's Championship:

Michelle McCool © Vs. Mickie James

Royal Rumble Match Participants

Cody Rhodes

Ted DiBiase

Evan Bourne

Mark Henry

Jack Swagger

Chris Jericho

CM Punk

Shawn Michaels

The Miz

MVP

John Cena

Kofi Kingston

Big Show

Triple H

Carlito

William Regal

Yoshi Tatsu

Zack Ryder

Shelton Benjamin

Batista

Kane

The Great Khali

Chris Masters

R-Truth

Matt Hardy

Edited by TPIB

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha quite a break between the ppv's, longest of the year probably, month and a half, thats how long it should be, proper buld up to just 5 matches.

• 4 weeks later...

The first five participants in the 30-Man Royal Rumble Match were announced on RAW as Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase, Evan Bourne, Mark Henry, & Jack Swagger are all in the match.

Sheamus Vs. Randy Orton for the WWE Title will take place at the Royal Rumble.

Anyone else see Ted DiBiase possibly winning the Rumble and challenging Orton for the title at WrestleMania? I am still keeping my fingers crossed for CM Punk winning it, though.

Edited by TPIB

Guest HH-Evolution
I don't see Dibiase being a guy who's gonna make it past the tier of MITB this year - I'm seeing a Cena or maybe a CM Punk win.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing Christian lose the strap, maybe not to Zeke, but maybe to someone like Regal, just to freshen up the scene a lot. And also, I'm currently enjoying the fact that I can't pick out someone to win the rumble. Last year was a massive failure in my eyes because everyone and their dog knew that Orton was going to win it.

I loved the year before when Cena returned, not because Cena won but because it was a shocking return. So yeah, less predictability = more enjoyment.

Oh and Sheamus walking out as champion will be a welcome miracle for me, now if only they can book him right.

Guest HH-Evolution

Nope, because all the build is in Cena's or HBK's direction.

HHH will probably be in the rumble and eliminated by HBK who would be doing all he can to get to 'Taker at Mania.

Guest Jimmy Redman
Is it not as clear as Ezekiel Jacksons lack of any talent that HHH is winning this year?

If they're actually going through with Sheamus defending at Mania against HHH, then I can see it.

Although not giving Cena his rematch at the Rumble let me to assume he'd win it.

Its either or though, at this stage.

HHH will probably be in the rumble and eliminated by HBK who would be doing all he can to get to 'Taker at Mania.

Then HBK goes after taker, but HHH still wants a piece of him as revenge for HBK eliminating him, and wants piece of taker as HBK had his chance last year and failed. Leads to a triple threat at mania, Taker/HBK/HHH

Doubt it would happen, and not sure how well it would work...but you know, it's an idea :)

• Join the early access

Members are able to join clubs and participate in the forums.

• Latest Club Activity