Fan Clubs

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Tournament to crown the best WWE or World Heavyweight Champion

ShaolinHandLock

I've put off the other idea for a tournament for now, because I was having a bit of trouble with the lists.

Anyway, this tournament will be to crown the best WWE Champion or World Heavyweight Champion. And because there are fewer wrestlers in it than the last tournament, the matches will have 3 wrestlers, instead of six.

Alright then, stay tuned for the first match. :)

• Heart 1

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShaneMcCutcheon
Just a quick question. I mean, I guess people can vote on whatever basis they want and are in many cases gonna vote for just their favourite wrestlers anyway but how should we be basing our picks in this? Is it how good they were as a champion? So, for instance if it's Ultimate Warrior Vs Triple H. I much prefer Ultimate Warrior to Triple H so would usually vote for him but he wasn't a very good World Champion so should I vote for Triple H who's had some outstanding title runs?

Just a quick question. I mean, I guess people can vote on whatever basis they want and are in many cases gonna vote for just their favourite wrestlers anyway but how should we be basing our picks in this? Is it how good they were as a champion? So, for instance if it's Ultimate Warrior Vs Triple H. I much prefer Ultimate Warrior to Triple H so would usually vote for him but he wasn't a very good World Champion so should I vote for Triple H who's had some outstanding title runs?

I was basing them on their title reigns, but you could vote either way if you like, I won't stop you. :)

Guest The Beltster

This will never work. Too many different things to base it on. Title reigns, length, money drawn as champion, favouritism, meaningful reigns, feuds as champion.

People will say bias, whatever they want, Hogan IS the greatest champion, end of story, but because people think its cool to hate on Hogan online, some other dipsh*t will probably win so it will be a pointless poll/thread.

Look, nobody made more money on top, as champion, than Hulk Hogan, Austin included who really didnt have any memorable title runs. If Austin had held the title for more of his run on top, more than a couple months, he might take it, but he didnt, so he doesnt.

4 year original run, another 1 year run, over 1 year run with WCW title, loads of money drawn and more fans drawn than anybody, including Austin.

Guys today like HHH, Orton, Edge, Taker etc have meaningless runs than last a few weeks or months, include nothering memorable and are pointless. If you are a 6 time champion in the space of 2 years, it means your runs are pointless and sh*t.

The last guy to really have a meaningful run as champion where being the champion was the focal point was Cena when he held it for over a year, and people then were stupid enough to moan and complain about it.

Hogan wins. I'd put Sammartino right up there too.

[/thread]

Edited by The Beltster

Guest Jimmy Redman
This will never work. Too many different things to base it on. Title reigns, length, money drawn as champion, favouritism, meaningful reigns, feuds as champion...

I dont mean this offensively at all, but you're taking this way too seriously.

Its not meant to be a serious poll with serious discussion about the merits of A's vs B's title reigns and success and etc. Its way more of just a fun thing, quick-fire polls with essentially whomever is online at the time gets to decide who goes through, to pass the time on here. Its really always just going to come down to "A or B - who do you like better?", rather than making any great judgment on whom is the best champion of all time or something. They're just elimination-style polls, for a bit of fun. 'Tis all.

Guest The Beltster
I dont mean this offensively at all, but you're taking this way too seriously.

Its not meant to be a serious poll with serious discussion about the merits of A's vs B's title reigns and success and etc. Its way more of just a fun thing, quick-fire polls with essentially whomever is online at the time gets to decide who goes through, to pass the time on here. Its really always just going to come down to "A or B - who do you like better?", rather than making any great judgment on whom is the best champion of all time or something. They're just elimination-style polls, for a bit of fun. 'Tis all.

So it's pointless crap then, essentially?

It's not a case of taking it too seriously, its a case of must we do this again, with it being no different than every other time this has gone to vote? "Who is the greatest champion?" has been done about a billion times, it only ever comes down to who is your favourite. It's a waste of time and really, whats the fun in it?

You say I'm taking it too seriously, on the other hand I could say you are allowing pointless garbage to clog up the forum. I suppose either way works...

Guest Jimmy Redman
So it's pointless crap then, essentially?

It's not a case of taking it too seriously, its a case of must we do this again, with it being no different than every other time this has gone to vote? "Who is the greatest champion?" has been done about a billion times, it only ever comes down to who is your favourite. It's a waste of time and really, whats the fun in it?

You say I'm taking it too seriously, on the other hand I could say you are allowing pointless garbage to clog up the forum. I suppose either way works...

Yeah?

Does everything have to be serious and have a point? There's only so deeply you can go with a 'point' here anyway, its a wrestling board.

Its all contained in the one thread so to me its not clogging up the forum. SHL's first tournament was enjoyed by enough people that it was felt worth doing another one. Its really just harmless fun.

If you dont find it fun, ignore it. People who want to play can play. Its easy. Reading this paragraph back that sounds kind of snarky, but I honestly dont mean it like that at all. Like I said, its just harmless fun, for those who have fun doing this.

Guest The Beltster
If you dont find it fun, ignore it. People who want to play can play. Its easy. Reading this paragraph back that sounds kind of snarky, but I honestly dont mean it like that at all. Like I said, its just harmless fun, for those who have fun doing this.
You have misunderstood me I think, or I've misunderstood what this was meant to be. I assumed it was a serious thread, thats why I replied the way I did. I thought by the topic title this was another attempt by somebody to find out a legit answer to who is the best, and doing it in the same way everybody else has over the years, with a completely bias and uninformative vote :lol

Guest Jimmy Redman
You have misunderstood me I think, or I've misunderstood what this was meant to be. I assumed it was a serious thread, thats why I replied the way I did. I thought by the topic title this was another attempt by somebody to find out a legit answer to who is the best, and doing it in the same way everybody else has over the years, with a completely bias and uninformative vote :lol

Yeah, thats my point here, you're taking this whole thing the wrong way. Its not a serious thread.

I'm assuming you completely missed the first tournament, the 'Best Indy Wrestler' one. Thats basically what this is going to be.

Yeah, no way is this a hugely serious thing which could even determine who the majority of fans thought was the "actual" best ever champion, something which is hugely subjective and has no right answer anyway. It's just a bit of fun to see who makes it and who gets cut, based on the randomness of three votes from whoever is online.

Also, and this was actually genius SHL, but by making it WWE only champions, and not counting WCW/ECW etc (I'm assuming that as he said WWE/WHC Champs), he's effectively eliminated the Flair/Hogan arguments, since no one in their right mind could argue that Flair was a better champ in WWE than Hogan was. Because he wasn't, when in the WWE.

Guest John Hancock

If this works as well as the Indy one, separate ECW and WCW ones might be a laugh too.

EDIT: I evidently can't read posts directly above the reply box.

Guest Dante Spears
I think this could easily work. I mean in the last one the only time anyone got aggressive was when Human Tornado was eliminated and John was ready to maim anyone in the vicinity :lol