Open Club  ·  37 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Most obscure wrestlers you mark out for?

Guest Simon

I was thinking, everyone has their favourite wrestler(s) that they will mark out for... even the most smarkiest of smarks have a fave. But there's always a midcarder or someone who's not in the spotlight all the time who you'll want to see win...

Reason I started thinking this is because recently I've become a bit of a Matt Hardy mark. I love the guy now, and really want to see good things aspire for the lad. To me its just a bit of a wierd thing to be, a Matt Hardy mark that is. So thats what got me thinking.

Anyhow, we all mark out for someone big in the industry, be it Kurt Angle (we should all mark out for him of course), Chris Benoit, Jeff Jarrett, Scott Hall etc... but no doubt there's someone obscure that you mark out for... maybe its A-train (please say it isn't so), or maybe your dream is for K-Kwik to one day return to the WWE or something.... you gotta be a fan of someone obscure (or someone who is underused :P ).... so who is it?

Edited by Simon

Guest kid banzai

Obscure wrestlers, hmmm? Well, I'm a big fan of Chris Kanyon who isn't really obscure, just misused (although that'll hopefully change once he's back in WWE!).

Others I like are Shark Boy, Kaos, Simon Diamond, Rising Son and Damien Steele. There's probably lots more but I can't think of them right now!

I can"t think of any WWE wrestlers at the mo,but the obscur wrestlers i mark out for are The Pitbulls!:D,i also mark out for Shark boy!I will get back to you with my WWE wrestler!

Guest The Crippler

I only really mark out majorly for Angle, Benoit and Guerrero.

I suppose I also mark out a bit for Edge.

Of the midcarders I would say like Simon, I'm a bit of a Matt Hardy mark nowadays. I love his new character. I also mark out for Tajiri.

Guest Rudi El Fire

"Obscure" is probably the wrong term to use.. partly because everyone likes to be a fan of someone who isn't everyone else's favourite (you know it's true), also because.. define "obscure". I like watching The Rock wrestle, but you know how uncool it is to admit to something like that around here! ;)

I'm also a huge Shark Boy fan, but he's more a cult figure these days. He reminds me of Cactus Jack in his early days; not in terms of style, but that he is always completely different from anyone else on the bill, and has the ability and charisma to make you remember him once he has your initial attention.

Nowt wrong with liking Matt Hardy, Mattitude rocks! :p

Robbie Brookside is only obscure if you ask people who've only seen American wrestling (or Powerslam readers). But watch him wrestle; he has passion and experience which is second to none in this country, can ignite a crowd from the moment he enters and can lead a ring full of green wrestlers to a stormer. If you want to see a true ring general in action, go see the Wildcat.

How about Kid Kash? I always enjoy his matches, not just because of what he does but the way he carries himself and his prescence.

I think you're right about obscure being the wrong word. I was basically meaning what you said, guys who you like that are different from other people's faves. Guys that didn't include anyone in the main event scene anywhere big really.

Still confused how anyone can mark out for Nowinski though! :roll

Guest Nicole
I really mark out for Goldust...the gold freak rocks! I want gold grease paint. I really like Maven as well...the joined eyebrow thing really works as a character

Guest Tajiri
Well I like watching Tajiri obviously, also I enjoy Matt Hardy, Super Crazy, Mikey Whipwreck, Little Guido(Nunzio), Christian, Nova and Low-Ki.

Guest Seabass

Rhyno- can't wait to see him do the gore as i will certainly mark out saying "GORE, GORE"

Matt Hardy- quite a good gimmick- hopfully matt hardy can come close (or even win) the heavyweght title

D'lo Brown- man i'm down with the brown- this boy been treated like a clown but not no longer, you see his push is just lingering, but when he starts main eventing, you'll feel a jolt that feels tingilng- that means- your down with the brown :D

also he wears the best ghetto urban street warfare clothes in the business

HHH's dignity- boy the things "it" goes through gets my respect