Fan Clubs

Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread 2010

Guest Dante Spears

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New year, new thread, I suppose.

I've always wondered, how did ornate robes get to be a part of the Wrestling business?

I assume you mean robes such as Ric Flair wears.

In which case, I can answer that question with this man:

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/profiles/g/gorgeous-george.html

Gorgeous George pretty much started it, as far as I know. He was also one of the first to have an 'over-the-top' gimmick.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Totally random: How funny would it have been if Jim Herd had gotten his way in WCW and Ric Flair had changed his gimmick into that of 'Sparticus' a Roman Gladiator back in the early 90's

Guest Jimmy Redman

Guys, when a wrestler poses as a cameraman in order to play a part in a match (Sim Snuka, Edge) do they actually work as a cameraman for the entire show, or at least the entire match? Do we get pictures that they're filming? Would they need cameraman training or something?

Just occured to me re-watching Shawn/Taker. Which, by the way, is an awesome, awesome match and at the moment is now my fourth favourite (male) match of all the times.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

I remember reading that Vince would hold his breath every time a cameraman took a bump because the old camera's cost like $80,000 each and with them being HD ones now they will cost a hell of alot more.

I would guess that the camera's they hold are old or possibly broken ones which they can drop and no-one will care so my guess is no they don't film anything and are just holding it to look the part

Guest The GS
Just occured to me re-watching Shawn/Taker. Which, by the way, is an awesome, awesome match and at the moment is now my fourth favourite (male) match of all the times.

:lol:lol:lol

Guest Jimmy Redman
I remember reading that Vince would hold his breath every time a cameraman took a bump because the old camera's cost like $80,000 each and with them being HD ones now they will cost a hell of alot more.

I would guess that the camera's they hold are old or possibly broken ones which they can drop and no-one will care so my guess is no they don't film anything and are just holding it to look the part

But if you watch that part of the match, when Shawn is outside with the ref and Taker is inside before his dive, we get the close up shots outside of Shawn and the ref which is basically coming from where Snuka is.

Its boggling my mind.

On another note, last night I went to watch something completely different but ended up on Survivor Series 2006. Funny, I enjoyed it at the time but the only match on it I'd ever re-watch is Lita/Mickie. Which I did, in fact, re-watch and it was still such a good match. I've always enjoyed the Cryme Tyme stuff afterwards too.

Oh, and the Team DX stuff. I never watch the match but I'll watch the intros and the beginning. Awesome fun. Shawn pinning Mike Knox and then that whole conversation about who he was was just fantastic.

Guest LilThj

On another note, last night I went to watch something completely different but ended up on Survivor Series 2006. Funny, I enjoyed it at the time but the only match on it I'd ever re-watch is Lita/Mickie. Which I did, in fact, re-watch and it was still such a good match. I've always enjoyed the Cryme Tyme stuff afterwards too.

Wasn't that unforgiven 2006

Guest the HiTman

Not watched for a while..but considering watching again a bit more in 2010...despite the current poor quality (going by what I have read).

What are the shows (all feds) to watch and who's worth watching at the moment? Also, predictions for breakout stars this year?

Cheers

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
But if you watch that part of the match, when Shawn is outside with the ref and Taker is inside before his dive, we get the close up shots outside of Shawn and the ref which is basically coming from where Snuka is.

Its boggling my mind.

He may have been filming then I was just guessing as I have no idea.

If it helps the people taking photos of Melina during her entrance really are taking pictures with those camera as MG has shown before, so maybe Snuka and others with the camera do a bit of work too

Guest MastersGonads
He may have been filming then I was just guessing as I have no idea.

If it helps the people taking photos of Melina during her entrance really are taking pictures with those camera as MG has shown before, so maybe Snuka and others with the camera do a bit of work too

It wasnt Snuka filming, that I know for a fact. Any camera work would have come from the secondary ring camera. Snuka woud have simply been loaded in a video package between fights...

As for my camera work...I was using my own digital camera, so the photos taken by myself were incidental...

Guest Springsteen

http://cdn.springboard.gorillanation.com/storage/wrestlezone.com/upl_images/170576_lg.jpg

Elimination Chamber poster. From Wrestlezone.