Fan Clubs

Random Comments 2010

Guest Saz

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ruderz

After watching a interview with a designer on Dead Rising 2, I have to say it looks pure awesome. Especially the multiplayer option, there's 4 modes, i'll list them.

The first one is where you wear huge antlers, and you have to flick zombies onto a platform and then hit a button which, I think crushes them with a huge steel container.

The second one is where you get into a huge hamster ball, and you roll around crushing zombies in your path.

The third is you get onto a motocross bike, with chainsaws attached to the handlebars, and it's basically a slice n dice to see who gets most points.

Fourth one was not talked about in the video.

Although the way the multiplayer will work is that it's a game show, "Terror is Reality" and it's just four competitors competeing to get points, using zombies as props basically.

Sounds, fricking, awesome.

Guest Anime Otaku
I dunno if I'll get DR2. The first one was really annoying between the dumb as hell AI for people following you, aggravating save system and the fact you start off with a massively underpowered character.

Guest Ruderz

Im not sure if the save system from the original is going to be in the second.

No mention of it anywhere after a google search.

Guest Clarkey
I know it's mainly the hype building them both up for eventual disappointment, but I am still eagerly awaiting both Heavy Rain and Alan Wake. There's also been the hint for a third season of Sam and Max which is exciting me too. Oh and Project Needlemouse, the new 2D Sonic project...2010 should turn out pretty well.

Guest Dave7g
I really wanted to love DR 1, but the stupid save system ruined it for me. It's definetly one of the best Demos I've ever played.

Guest Anime Otaku
Just looking on the Game sale and wondering, are Guitar hero modern hits (with grip) and GTA: Chinatown Wars both on DS worth getting? Also looking at Godfather 2, IL Sturmovik: Birds of Prey and Wheelman too.

GH on the DS is alright, the strumming can be a bit erratic and if you have a DSi then it won't fit (the grip that is). Also if you have played with a real guitar controller or have big hands then the step down in size can be a problem for your fingers when trying to play.

Guest Dr. ZERO

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st6dHmDSkhY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st6dHmDSkhY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Haaaaa. I hope it's as good as Street Fighter: The Movie.

Coming straight to DVD on April 5th in the UK.

It looks as cheesy as they come, but, like Mortal Kombat before it, the movie at least seems to be keeping the look of the characters from the game. Another positive is that the MPAA gave it an "R" rating for "Intense Sequences of Sustained Violent Martial Arts Action and Violence Throughout, Sexual Content/Nudity, Language and Some Drug Use".

Yoshimitsu being in it makes me smile, as does casting Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, who, for me, is worth watching in anything he does. Cung Le (Marshal Law) is also in the movie, as is Nathan Jones (Craig Marduk). Batista was meant to be in the film as King, but, for whatever reason, he's been removed from the cast list on IMDb along with the character.

Just thought I'd throw in the fact that Craig Marduk's look/character was based on Nathan Jones. Which is odd because as bad ass as Marduk is, he's based on a man who's never won a MMA match (Yes, I understand he's only had 1 and it was a loss in '97, but hell, he still hasn't won since).

Anyway, so after finishing Assassin's Creed 2, I went back to complete Assassin's Creed 1 and my God, without the notoriety system, it was God awful trying to do things quickly with guards yelling "ASSASSIN! INFIDEL!" if I broke blend for just a microsecond. And then being surrounded by 8 of the b*stards.

I'm all up for a challenge, but that every minute or two pissed me off.

Guest Da Showstoppa
Yeah, the sale is really good! I picked up PES 2009 for £4!

To be fair though, PES2009 should be £4 - Konami are going backwards.

Speaking of sports games, is there any news on the F1 game Codemasters threatened us with - I need an F1 game for the 360!