Fan Clubs

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

WWE Changes More PPVs

Guest Springsteen

Guest Springsteen
WWE is continuing to overhaul their PPV line-ups with a complete new schedule outside of Summerslam in August that begins after WrestleMania in March.

The changes begin in April where the Backlash PPV is being dropped in favor of bumping up the Extreme Rules PPV.

Extreme Rules's slot on May 23 is now "WWE Wild Card." The Bash PPV is now being replaced by "Fatal Four Way" on June 20.

The Night of Champions PPV is now being moved to September. The July slot is now "Money in the Bank" on July 18.

WWE Summerslam is still safe in August, followed by Night of Champions in September and Hell in a Cell in October.

Credit : PWTorch.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically every PPV is becoming a gimmick PPV?

Of all the ideas TNA did, that's the one they've stolen?

I mean at the time when they did everything inside 6 sides of steel, everyone said it's a rubbish idea. So what do they do?

Make virtually every ****ing PPV a gimmick event.

All this means now is the booking is guaranteed to be shit because they are constantly going to have to fit feuds and matches into these stupid gimmick events. Which means the main feuds will probably never even have a bloody singles match, it will always be some kind of gimmick.

And then the gimmick itself will be ruined because it's being constantly utilised on nothing matches.

Jesus they are really opening the door to TNA to have a good crack at them.

EDIT: Out of curiosity does this mean no MITB match for Mania? As surely it would be dumb to do one then...and then have a PPV built around it a few months later?!

Edited by Jung

Guest Jimmy Redman

The other thing with that is...you cant sell a PPV with a bunch of midcarders, which is what MITB has been. So the MITB will probably have to become a main event gimmick, where its just a way for HHH to get a title shot, and ruin the whole point.

Unless its just a normal PPV with normal title matches, and a MITB match thrown in. So essentially just moving MITB to a smaller PPV.

Guest HH-Evolution

Even Picard can't believe this - Look! :D

http://www.enigmadesign.org/images/picardwtf.jpg

Seriously...Has TNA Won yet? XD;

Guest Dante Spears

....Fatal f****** four way.

....No, serious, FATAL F****** FOURWAY?

And Money in The Bank? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THEM? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THE IDEA OF 8 MEN OVERCOMING THE "ODDS" ON THE "GRANDEST STAGE OF THEM ALL". GAH!

Guest Y2James
The other thing with that is...you cant sell a PPV with a bunch of midcarders, which is what MITB has been. So the MITB will probably have to become a main event gimmick, where its just a way for HHH to get a title shot, and ruin the whole point.

Unless its just a normal PPV with normal title matches, and a MITB match thrown in. So essentially just moving MITB to a smaller PPV.

What I would do is have the PPV filled with main-eventers vs midcarders qualifying matches for a place in the MITB later that night. For instance you could have:

Shawn Michaels vs. Shelton Benjamin

John Cena vs. John Morrison

Randy Orton vs. Christian

Undertaker vs. Kofi Kingston

Triple H vs. Drew McIntyre

Edge vs. Miz

Chris Jericho vs. Evan Bourne

Rey Mysterio vs. Jack Swagger

Then you could have half of the main-eventers win and half of the midcarders win and take part in the MITB match. Of course, a midcarder would win the MITB and I think it would be a great way to elevate some young guys, and people would buy the PPV because it isnt just full of midcarders.

Does anyone know what Wild Card could be?

WWE/Vince naming every PPV after a match stipulation?

Jesus f*cking christ.

I thought it couldn't possibly get any worse but it just has and with an almighty head-banging thump.

I give up.

WWE is dead to me because what is more scary is that it's clearly going to get (somehow!) even worse as the months roll on.

I'd rather bow out.

Guest Jimmy Redman

Wild Card will be like Raw Roulette or Spin the Wheel, Make the Deal...basically randomly selected matches or gimmicks.

It was alright for a Raw episode, not sure about a PPV though. Cyber Sunday didnt work, and thats when fans actually had a vote in it. I dont see how paying to see them spin a wheel and make random unannounced matches is going to work.

Similarly, I just cannot get my head around Fatal Four Way. Its probably the worst idea yet. What exactly is the hook in a Fatal Four Way PPV? The title matches are fatal four ways. OK. Like, at least with HIAC and TLC and EC and what not, you can see that those gimmicks are over, they're special matches and have drawn money in the past. What is the draw in fatal four ways? There is no hook there whatsoever. Its one step beside "WWE Singles Matches" live on PPV.

wtf....

I've been pissed ever since the scrapping of unforgiven. This is just beyond a joke. Seriously considering giving WWE up after Wrestlemania.

Guest The Beltster
wtf....

I've been pissed ever since the scrapping of unforgiven. This is just beyond a joke. Seriously considering giving WWE up after Wrestlemania.

Why wait? WM will be dogshit. Give up now.

Guest Tommate2k9
This is so ****ing stupid. I'm actually in a mood now. **** this shit. Its just getting beyond the joke. surly Vince can see this "gimmik ppv" is bullshit. **** my life!

Guest HH-Evolution

If you want to give up, do so now...this is Legitimately as good as WWE's gonna be for a while!

Don't bother hanging around for it if you are waiting for it to improve...under the current situation, it can't and it won't.

{ I won't, but that's because I'm amused either way. }

Guest Dante Spears

I have this theory that you can predict the year based off of Wrestlemania. Wrestlemania 25 had some glimpses of brilliance marred by booking. And that was the WWE last year - some glimpses of brilliance (Smackdown) marred by crap booking (RAW) have a h and it had comedy character going over the entire Diva roster showing that "comedy" would play a part n the next year

I am holding some hope that Wrestlmania will be acceptable, but if it is crap, I might give up.

Guest Jayfunk

As a TNA fan i am smiling, damn this is beyond stupid i loved Backlash it was a great name and a good description of the event after Mania.

Of all the ideas TNA did, that's the one they've stolen?

TNA has lockdown which as it's only once a year is pretty good concept for a PPV this crap is almost every month.

WWE needs to understand its not the PPV names or concepts that are dated its the terrible booking