Open Club  ·  37 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Rumble News

Guest Tajiri

This year's Rumble will have entrants every 60 seconds insted of the 2 minutes we've had in recent years meaning the Rumble should only last just over 30 minutes insted of 60 minutes. Edited by Tajiri

It sucked a few years ago when they did that and it will suck again this year. The rumble is my favourite match of the year and for them to cut it in half like that really does suck.

Guest Rudi El Fire

I agree, it's a bad move.. though I can understand the need to do it, due to the split roster.

But one of the joys of the Royal Rumble format is that it allows the thing to be properly paced, and therefore more entertaining to watch; it allowed for the yearly marathon men to emerge, thereby building wrestlers without them having to be there at the finish (witness Kane's performance in the 2001 rumble, which was incidentally also one of the best booked and paced out rumbles I've seen), fresh angles, surprises and phases could be properly executed without either the ring filling up too quickly so no-one has room to do anything memorable or for spots to be wasted by hurried execution. As HSM said, they tried this before, and it didn't work.

Guest The Crippler
I don't think its that bad a move to be honest. If it means an extra ten minutes or so of Benoit and Angle then I'm all for it.

MY GOD. WHY. WHY. WHY.

My favourite PPV... and they've screwed it up. 2 minutes was always perfect, it was what made the Rumble so good... the improvisation of the wrestlers in the full ring was always a joy to see and something that made the Rumble so unique and great.

This is bad, real bad, and its the worst news I've heard in a long time. I'm so disappointed.

Guest Craig Van Dam
Not another ruined Royal Rumble this year was looking to be a promising Rumble match with the Brock/Bigshow thing going on and the Micheals/Jericho and Undertaker returning as the Deadman but they have messed it up with 1 minute entrys i remember the 95 Rumble and the 1 minute entrys made it look bad one the bright side if somebody comes in from about 1-5 and is there by the end it will make it seem like they have been in longer than they actually have(Remember Micheals and Bulldog in 95?)

Guest fujiwara

First Survivor Series now this. I hate change. I mean a few years back there were Survivor Matches.......remember them. Now we have a Big Domed cage. Now they are Fazing out the Rumble Match aswell!

Thats just great. Where is the Tradition?

However more Benoit and Angle does sound good........

No! Tradition Rulez!