Can NWA-TNA Survive?

Guest Dan

Will NWA TNA Survive 2003?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Will NWA TNA Survive 2003?

• Yes
    • No

Can the NWA-TNA survive 2003?

It seems the its starting to pick up now, with them selling out last weeks show, increasing PPV buyrates and more TV deals it seems that it could possibly survive.

Although with no TV deals in the US and Europe it coulld affect TNA's success. With the additon of Vince Russo to TNA it could be a mistake, already you can see the affects of him, S.E.X vs. NWA angle and you can tell the show is starting to turn in a different direction.

Personally I believe TNA will survive and become more popular, I can't see it ever being any great competion for WWE, but it is a great alternative.

I think it needs to get a TV deal personally, to survive long term, and have more of a permanent roster, instead of people coming in and out. I don't think the actual quality of the product is at fault, more the economic situation. But hopefully it will be alright

The production values do seem to be getting better, but I have to agree with Jung, a US TV deal is needed, otherwise survival will be very difficult.

It's hard to say, I can't see them ever reaching or passing WWE, if NWA-TNA tries to become a profitable touring company with a good national weekly TV deal then I can see it acheving that but any good talent produced by the company will probaly be snapped up by WWE meaning it will become extemely difficult to ever get up in the world.

Russo involvement is something that really turns me away from the promotion, as Russo's WCW run showed non-WWE fans don't want a cheap WWE knock off they want a different product all together something that WCW in 96 to 98 was.

Guest fujiwara

They can survive. Whether they will or not is a different question. What they need at the moment is a little more publicity to get people interested. They need a TV deal aswell. The program has become alot more interesting story line wise over the past few weeks and they need to maintain that.

The WWE could be in a tough spot as most of the big names of TNA have all worked in the WWE before. So why would they want to go back after most of them had been mis treated whilst they were there? MONEY. Yes the WWE can provide this for them, but they will not get much and will soon just be lost back in the pack before being released.

So yes the company can stay afloat if they play their cards right.

Guest kid banzai
I hope they do survive. While NWA-TNA isn't as big as WWE, it makes for a half decent alternative. The only problem - apart from money - is Vince Russo. The sooner they send him back to his Record Store, the better for all concerned!

I had to say no... I mean I think it'll still be around yeh by the end of the year, but the way its going right now I can't see it making any huge impact before the end of the year.

I hope they get a TV deal over here cause I would watch it, and I really do hope they prove me wrong and survive to put pressure on the WWE whilst its churning out such crap as Raw.

Guest MillionLiraMan
It has a decent chance of survival as there has to be a reasonable fan base out there who want something different from WWE but that again brings the question of the TV deal which has to be sorted out.

Guest Hosgood
I dont see the appeal of NWA:TNA anymore. The X-Division is the only thing it's got going for it, even that's being diluted with the introduction of guys like Kid Kash, Jorge Estrada and Sonny Siaki (who has huge potential but isn't worthy of the title.) It's not even that much of an alternative as the majority of it's wrestlers are rejects from WCW, WWE or both. Their storylines are pretty awful and their main event and tag division are nothing to shout about.