Fan Clubs

Jim Ross removed from WWE's Intro

Guest The GS

Guest The GS

Source: F4WOnline.com

It's being reported that Jim Ross was removed from WWE's opening TV video package as a punishment for appearing on camera at the UFC 116 event. As we reported on the site, Ross did an interview with Ariel Helwani at UFC 116, which showed video footage of Ross in attendance at the event along with Bill Goldberg, Steve Austin and Paul Heyman. However, since Ross is the only of those guys currently under contract with WWE, he was the one that WWE went after, and has subsequently replaced his voice in the intro with that of Michael Cole.

Vince publicly saying UFC aren't competition and then punishing a person for appearing on TV at one of their shows just makes him look like an ass.

Ross has been treated like crap by WWE for ages. Word has it that Heyman will bring Ross in if he takes charge at TNA and I hope that's true because Ross is getting erased from history faster than Benoit was with WWE. Ridiculous stuff.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Hancock
Vince McMahon is seriously starting to lose his mind with this Stalin-esque history editing. It's so childish. It would be pathetic if it was someone normal doing it, but this is a rich and influential guy, and that makes it just plain scary.

I thought Vince always said UFC/MMA wasn't the same brand as his? So therefore not competition?

And for a 5 minute interview?! Get a doctor to Vince, I think he's entering a mental health scenario.

Guest Fiona
Vince publicly saying UFC aren't competition and then punishing a person for appearing on TV at one of their shows just makes him look like an ass.

Ross has been treated like crap by WWE for ages. Word has it that Heyman will bring Ross in if he takes charge at TNA and I hope that's true because Ross is getting erased from history faster than Benoit was with WWE. Ridiculous stuff.

Well it just shows what a child-like bully Vince McMahon is. Jim Ross has been nothing but loyal towards Vince and the WWE all through his career, to be treated like this is horrible.

Guest HH-Evolution

It'll bite him in the ass hard sooner or later...

JR Has a head on his shoulders, and I'm sure he'll make a choice eventually and stick it to Vince by going to TNA as a statement that he's plain and simply 'Doing it wrong!'

Really isn't any excuse for Vinces behaviour - but he's probably long-past senile anyway.

Vince has performed a public colonocsapy(sp?) on a fake JR... I hardly think this would be the straw that broke the camel's back.

But still... Vince is clearly being retarded. I mean: Michal Cole? What the ****!?

Guest The Cork

Overreaction much?

He's edited the opening montage hundreds of times to keep with the changing times in wrestling.

JR isnt on air anymore, it makes sense to replace him, Ted DiBiase and whoever else for current talent like Sheamus. Good god.

Guest MastersGonads
Overreaction much?

He's edited the opening montage hundreds of times to keep with the changing times in wrestling.

JR isnt on air anymore, it makes sense to replace him, Ted DiBiase and whoever else for current talent like Sheamus. Good god.

Agreed...

Guest The Beltster
Vince McMahon is a c*ck, has nothing to do with him removing Jim Ross, I couldnt give a shit about Jim Ross. Vince is a c*ck because of the bullshit he pulls in general.

Guest Dave7g
Overreaction much?

Absolute blind fanboy bollocks. He replaced Hogan when he signed with TNA, within seconds and JR because he appeared on UFC because Vince is a petty old man who is losing his mind, no other reason whatsoever, none. Replacing him with Michael Cole, who is without a doubt the most unlikeable man I've ever seen makes it all the more childish.

Guest Fiona
Overreaction much?

I don't think anyone is overreacting, Vince is a fool and a lot of people can see that. It's not by anyone else actions he judged it's by his own. As for the changing times in wrestling, are you kidding. Every WWE fan knows the sound of Jim Ross's voice it's not like they took out someone no one knew about.

Guest The Cork
Absolute blind fanboy bollocks. He replaced Hogan when he signed with TNA, within seconds and JR because he appeared on UFC because Vince is a petty old man who is losing his mind, no other reason whatsoever, none. Replacing him with Michael Cole, who is without a doubt the most unlikeable man I've ever seen makes it all the more childish.

HOW DARE THEY CHANGE THINGS!

Cole is the No.1 announcer in WWE, taking JR's spot in a like-for-like replacement. JR isnt on TV anymore so if WWE decide to phase out JR and put Cole in then I really dont see the biggie here. Its called making thing more relevant to todays audience.

They also took out 'Takers voice and the ending with HHH holding the Undisputed title, so what? Is Vince disrespecting HHH and Taker then?

Give it a rest.

Guest MastersGonads
I don't think anyone is overreacting, Vince is a fool and a lot of people can see that. It's not by anyone else actions he judged it's by his own. As for the changing times in wrestling, are you kidding. Every WWE fan knows the sound of Jim Ross's voice it's not like they took out someone no one knew about.

How is he a fool though exactly? Can you honestly tell me that the changing of a voice is going to make that much difference?

The thing is Michael Cole is more well known now to the younger WWE fanbase than JR is. Especially as he has been off our screens now for 9 months.

I do not doubt that the UFC business had something to do with it, as did Hogan and Flair being removed and I know JR was not happy his voice had been removed, but Vince is a buisnessman protecting his own asset that he has turned into a billion dollar business, he makes decision's people (especially the IWC) dont agree with, but in business you have to.

Love him or hate him, the WWE will continue to grow, Vince will continue to get richer and the fact that Hogan, Flair or JR were removed from the opening signature will be lost into time.

Guest The GS
I do not doubt that the UFC business had something to do with it, as did Hogan and Flair being removed and I know JR was not happy his voice had been removed, but Vince is a buisnessman protecting his own asset that he has turned into a billion dollar business, he makes decision's people (especially the IWC) dont agree with, but in business you have to.

How does Vince removing JR have any benefit on business for WWE?

Guest Dave7g
It's obvious that it's done from insecurity that's all, why would you pretend that it's a "good business move"? Really, I don't care, I really don't but come on.

Guest MastersGonads
How does Vince removing JR have any benefit on business for WWE?

Probably none, but it doesnt affect it either, which is why I dont get how Vince is a 'fool'?

End of the day its updating the product, like when Raw Graphics and Theme Music change. As I said I dont doubt there were other motives in play, but will it affect viewers, raters, product quality? No! Its just the IWC kicking up a stink over nothing because JR is an internet darling and Vince is portrayed as the anti christ of professional wrestling.

It's obvious that it's done from insecurity that's all, why would you pretend that it's a "good business move"? Really, I don't care, I really don't but come on.

But what if, for example, and I think its highly likely there is, written in WWE contracts that on air talent should not be featured on air at an MMA or another other wrestling promotion's televised show? In fact I am sure this happened with Jeff Hardy in the past and he was kept off TV for a few weeks.

I didnt say anywhere it was a 'good business move' I simply stated as a businessman you protect your assets. Now Vince does make some questionable decisions at time, but show me a succesful businessman who hasnt?

Edited by MastersGonads