Chipped PS ones

Guest Joanne

Guest Anime Otaku
take it to a market/car boot sale or independat games shop that sells imports. warning this maybe considered conspiricy to defraud and will negate your warranty.

I got my original ps1 chipped through a friend of a friend and got games for just a fiver off the same person,but ps1 games are becomming soo much cheaper now,you can pick them up for £6.99 brand new,and theres always second hand sections at your local Game etc.I"d ask around if you really wanna get it chipped,but it will probably affect your warraty,if you"ve still got one!:)

there's really no point in chipping your PS1 as all the PS1 games are really cheap now. I got Tomb Raider 1,2,3 and T.L.R for only £15. And I definately wouldn't reccommend chipping your PS2 if your thinking of doing so as it will wear out quickly. You'll just have to buy a new one over and over.

Guest The Genetic Jackhammer
my mate has had his ps2 chipped since before summer and its still goin strong, this thread might of been worth sommit like 3 years ago not now though:xyx

Guest Peter K

Used to have a chipped PlayStation (back when PSX was big and games was well in £30 to £40 region) until I sold it for PlayStation 2, all I can say is that there are no difference between non-chipped and chipped ones APART from that when using Xploder CD cheats on certain games, it will mess up the games and case crashes which was very frusutating!

If anyone had a chipped PSX, Xploder CD and Metal Gear Solid will know.

Guest ChrisfromBirtley

You basically take it to anywhere that does chipped PS Ones,and get it chipped, or, alternanivley, what I done was buy the "Smart Cartridge" 4 20 quid, and it does the same as a chip, but doesnt damage in anyway, and u can put it in and out of your console.

And u still get ya games 4 a fiver.

thanks/ CFB