Fan Clubs

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

More WWE Divas on the way?

Guest The GS

Guest The GS

I just found this on wrestlenewz.com.

- WWE has issued a request for agents and talent managers to submit female actresses film slots to casting director Kristin Prouty for potential WWE Divas. WWE is looking for new Divas on the roster to supplement the current group of Divas.

The company will be holding casting sessions through October in cities like Los Angeles, Las Vegas and New York. WWE will then offer developmental deals to some of the women with deals that will be negotiated “specific to each woman.” WWE is looking for women of all ethnicities.

If this is true, then My God!

WWE! Have ye tried recruiting I don't know...... wrestlers?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the theory is its easier to get a hot girl and train her to wrestle than it is to get a trained femal wrestler, make her fit the WWE style of physical attractivness and retrain her to wrestle the WWE style.

Guest The GS
That's not what the WWE Diva's are, Goldie - haven't you realised that yet? :lol

I have no problem with them hiring a few models as thats what they'll always do.

But I thought that surely after watching the Divas they currently have wrestle so badly this last year they might try to mix in just a few actual wrestlers with the models/actresses they currently have. Instead they're just gonna mix the current models with new models next year, I guess WWE's not a wrestling company at the end of the day.

Man...... Jimmy's gonna go ape shit when she reads what I said about the current Divas.

Edited by The GS

Guest The Cork
Nobody watches the WWE for 'brilliant technical womens matches' anyway, so I dont see the issue here. WWE hires swimwear models because no-one cares if they are bad in the ring anyway, they are purely eye candy.

Guest Dante Spears
And then the actual eye candy gets cut in the training process (Beverly Mullins aka Courtney Taylor anyone?) and we're left with ugly and gangley anorexic girls like Rosa Mendes or Alicia Fox.

Guest ScottyB
WWE have proven time and time again, that they can take a hot female and turn her into a hot female with enough skill to hold a decent match, so yeah, DS was spot on with his post.

Guest Jayfunk
WWE have proven time and time again, that they can take a hot female and turn her into a hot female with enough skill to hold a decent match, so yeah, DS was spot on with his post.

Pushing it there Scotty, No terrible idea WWE could easily build a really good Women's division with actual talent but not they hire models that no one cares about and with no talent. Stupid WWE at work again

Guest Sparrow

Eve is looking like she is going to turn out well. She is learning a lot of new stuff and her matches in the last 2 months have not been that mad.

Maryse is good, if not one of the best divas in the WWE at the moment who can wrestle alright and gets a lot of heat.

Both models, both in the last 10 years..

Guest The Cork
If you're calling Eve and Maryse good to great wrestlers then wow!

You hate on anyone who dares to say a bad thing about TNA and criticise WWE in equal measure, fanboy much?. If you have watched WWE in the past year, Eve and Maryse have made noticable improvements on their in ring skills, and as far as Diva standards go, they are good.

Edited by Paul

Guest The GS

You hate on anyone who dares to say a bad thing about TNA and criticise WWE in equal measure, fanboy much?. If you have watched WWE in the past year, Eve and Maryse have made noticable improvements on their in ring skills, and as far as Diva standards go, they are good.

TNA fanboy? :lol

Would a TNA fanboy call Dixie Carter the worst business woman in the world?

Would a TNA fanboy think the current Knockout Division is as bad as the Divas Division?

Would a TNA fanboy like to see Jeff Jarrett leave TNA at the earliest opportunity as he thinks he's a useless piece of trash?

Will I go on?

As you can see, I hate just as much in TNA as I do WWE. It's just that you seem to see the posts I make like once every month or 2 giving out to people who say: "Typical TNA doing this shit" but when it's WWE doing that same thing they ignore it as they're WWE fanboys.

You seriously don't know what you're talking about.

Sure Maryse and Eve are 2 of the best Divas, but that's not saying much, their matches are full of botches and they kill the crowd big time.

Alicia Fox on the other hand. She's a top talent.

Edited by Paul

Guest Sparrow
If you're calling Eve and Maryse good to great wrestlers then wow!

Yeah I did call Eve and Maryse good to great and I don't know what crowd you are watching/listening but these two do not kill a crowd.

I think you are painting all of WWE's divas with the same brush, these two, Laycool, Beth and not so much Melina since she keeps getting injured she is botching a lot of stuff, they are good to great divas who don't keep the crowd and have ok to great matches.

Guest The GS

Beth and Melina are impressive, but Melina's been out for ages and Beth hasn't wrestled in some time either.

I was talking about the current Divas of which Alicia Fox is the only real stand out talent.