Fan Clubs

XBLive banning question

Guest The Beltster

Guest The Beltster

If you have a gamertag you are using on a banned machine, can you use it on a non-banned machine or will it automatically ban that machine too?

Anybody know?

Guest The Beltster

Thats what I thought, but I put my HDD from my banned system on my sons un-banned system and my gamertag comes up as corrupt and I cant sign into it. I wonder if thats because the HDD from the banned console is also un-usable on other consoles or if the gamertags get banned.

My gamertag is still showing on XBox.com as a gold member that is not banned etc.

I couldnt find any info on XBox.com.

Guest The Cork

It wont ban another console.

Oh, and gamertags and consoles can get banned, it depends on the severity of your 'crimes'. Playing flashed games on Xbox Live before their official release date will get you a console ban, as will modding your Xbox to gain an advantage online. Stuff like continuous trolling and 'unsportsmanship' can get you a gamertag ban.

Guest Fiona
According to a friend of mine in the same position you are, your console is banned not your gamertag. He hacked his system too and Microsoft banned it. He plays on other systems though and is fine.

Guest Andrew
Sounds like you already have the answer to your question but it is just your console that has been banned. The corruption on the hard drive is something Microsoft does at the point of banning the console, it corrupts all saves and any DLC you may have purchased. You might be able to format the HDD to get it working again in a different console but I'm not sure.