Fan Clubs

Worlds In Global Battle Locked

Guest Anime Otaku

Guest Anime Otaku

http://www.wigbl.com/index.php

Anyone else playing this? It's the predecessor to Nexus War which was shut down a while back due to the fact that the guy running it couldn't keep up with the cost of running the server.

If you did play NW it's much the same in presentation but with a new location and although the old NW classes are present they've been tweaked and there are some new ones including the chance for Demonic characters to become Redeemed and Angelic characters to become Fallen.

There's also a change in that where as Nexus War was one "breath" of the universe WIGBL will have multiple breaths, the plan seems to be 9 to 15 months each (players should hit level 30 in 2 or 3 months). What this means is at the end of each breath a victor will be declared and all characters will go back to level one to allow people to try new builds.

It's still in alpha so there are still bugs here and there and the population is somewhat small too but it's still fun.

Guest Anime Otaku
What type of game is it?

It's a browser based MMO, when you sign up you get 3 character slots for free but if you want you can pay a little for more slots, it's still in alpha so there's probably more stuff planned for purchasing like unique (as in not findable) clothing and things that edit your character's description. It's pretty expansive but basically you can choose to fight on the side of Good as an Angel, be Evil as a Demonic class or be a Transcended human that can swap sides as they choose.

There's also different types of class: You start off with the Mortal class which is just the basic human and you buy your base skills here, deciding what type of weapon you want, if you want to fight at all (HtH, melee weapons, firearms or archery) smithing skills to make and repair different weapons and armour. You can also get utility skills like Strength for a bigger inventory or First Aid to make First Aid Kits more effective.

Then when you hit Level 10 you make your first 2 choices, you pick a side (Angel, Demon or Transcended) and your basic speciality, either fighter or spellcasting. These give you more advanced skills than the mortals, maybe innate armour, an innate weapon or a way to power up your attacks with new damage types.

Then at Level 20 you pick your final tier 3 class. If you went for a Spellcaster you can choose either a "same but more" class or a pet master that can summon AI pets to attack or defend. Fighters also get "same but more" class that generally does incredible damage and is easy to just get up and play usually due to innate weapons but are not too versatile or you get a hybrid class that can use some magical abilities to buff their attack or defence but are a bit more complicated to play.

NEXUS WARS!

Thats what I was trying to find on my old laptop (which led to me breaking it :(). its shut? damn. Well, I'll have a go on this then if its similar.

It's being made by a guy that was a tester (I think, he was major in the community anyway) for NW and this is basically NW 2 with a new setting and some improvements

Also in the OP I said this was the predecessor to NW I meant successor

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anime Otaku
Have you tried it yet DS, or anyone else? I'm enjoying it so far. I only made one character and he's joined the new version of the Ragged Philanthropists if anyone remembers them from Nexus Wars, mainly he's just making/fixing stuff and taking a stab (literally) at any evil characters he finds in the area.

• 3 months later...
Guest Anime Otaku
I've never heard of it, I got into the T2 grind (compounded by the fact my guys are all hunters with nothing to hunt) and stopped playing for a bit, just reactivated my characters a few days ago.

Darky tried to get me into it, but I just didn't understand what I was supposed to be doing, I walked into a library, nothing was happening, I walked into a school, nothing as well.

Erm, ok *Click X button*

Guest Anime Otaku

The button you were looking for was "search" or "attack", unless you took first aid then "Use First Aid Kit" would have been an option. :)

Oh yeah, I made Fluffy, but I didn't make him an Infernal Behemoth, he's going to be an invisible Void Walker.

I have tried games like this before, but all the leveling up is too time consuming. Can be fun, but you really need time. I tend to stick with text games now Nation States and Cyber Nations being two I enjoy.

Also playing a wild west one which I just joined. Um forget the name.

• 4 weeks later...
For anyone interested in this, a new breath started this morning. Basicly all the characters have been reset to level 1 and the entire maps have changed around. So if you want to start off on equal footing nows the time.

• 1 year later...

This has just moved over to Beta in the last few weeks and is in a whole new breath. You start in The Pit where you have to get used to the game play, then once you die after reaching level 3 you respawn in the nexus world.

Good time ot get into the game again as most people are still low levels, a few have got to Tier 2 characters (level 10-19) but no T3s yet.