Fan Clubs

PWI: Michelle McCool Is Best Womens Wrestler In North America

Paul

WWE Diva Michelle McCool has earned the number one position in Pro Wrestling Illustrated’s third annual “PWI Female 50″ chart ranking the top 50 women’s wrestlers in North America from July 1, 2009 through June 30, 2010. She succeeds multi-time WWE Women’s Champion Mickie James, who charted No. 1 in last year’s list.

Pro Wrestling Illustrated attributes its decision to ranking McCool as the top women’s wrestler in North America with the following facts:

FACT: In June 2009, McCool became the first woman in WWE history to have held both the Divas and Women’s championships, thanks to a win over Melina.

FACT: Over the past 12 months, McCool has scored pinfall victories over Melina, Gail Kim, and Mickie James—three of the most decorated women wrestlers of the past decade.

FACT: From July 1, 2009, through June 30, 2010, McCool held (or co-held) the WWE Women’s championship for 325 of 365 days.

Though not actually fact, Pro Wrestling Illustrated also noted the following regarding McCool: “Here’s another fact: Michelle McCool—a woman who has been reviled by fans and derided by peers—is the best woman wrestler in the game today. Like it or not.”

:lol

I imagin when he reads this Jays head will explode.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but it's PWI, so who cares. They could say the sky was blue and I'd still have to go check.

Michelle McCool is the best female wrestler in the US and I'm the reincarnation of Elvis, King Arthur and Mother Teresa, who was miraculously still alive when I was born...there may be a hole there :P

Those hacks can say anything they want, and it doesn't make it so. Period. Like it or not.:devil

In context they are totally right. Its a kayfabe mag, and in kayfabe you cant really argue their facts.

Of course its bollocks from a smarks POV, but I suppose its a case of is it majority rules?

And? That doesnt make a jot of difference in kayfabe.

You're right, it doesn't.

But I don't believe the majority of fans, smarks or not, believe she's the best female wrestler out there.

Guest Jayfunk
She's the best womans wrestler married to someone with power.

yeah i can see it now, taker walking in, You know that list if she isn't top you get no more interviews we me. PWI: YES SIR

McCool <<<<<< Beth Phoenix

Guest The Cork

McCool is the best female wrestler on the planet, you can reel off a list of 250lbs Nicole Bass lookalikes from SHIMMER all you want, but McCool is the only one to actually get the fans to give a shit about her matches.

Also, no, it isnt X-Pac heat at all.

Guest Sparrow

Yeah right now Michelle is the best woman's wrestler, her stuff with Layla is so good, great heels, I would not say it is completely a steal from TBP but the things they did take away from TBP they do better. She is good to great in the ring depending on her opponent, yeah she has the odd bad match but that is not to take away from her in-ring skills.

Predictable comments like "Oh it is PWI, so who cares" or "Only cause she is f*cking Taker" but I expect nothing more from Dave and Jay.

Guest Jayfunk
yeah because your opinion is soo much better than ours sparrow, dude I want a lot of women's wrestling a lot IMHO she wouldn't make my top ten, she is crap. Beth pisses all over her in terms of quality and she is WWE diva too, lets no go into other promotions

Guest Sparrow
yeah because your opinion is soo much better than ours sparrow,

When it comes to woman's wrestling because you watch and lot of it you lord it over ours that your opionion is worth a lot more, and you use it to bash the WWE at any chance you get. It is getting predictable.

Guest Jayfunk
I am sure if Beth never had a stint in SHIMMER, your praises would not be as vocal as they are for Beth.

:roll Yes becuase all my opinions on women's wrestling is based on if they wrestled for Shimmer and not you know watching them in action

Dude she was in it for TWO shows in shimmer hardly a regular. Beth, Kim, Nattie, Mickie James, Amazing Kong are all better wrestlers than Michelle, alot of her position is down to taker IMHO

but no your right its because she works for WWE and hasn't shimmer :roll

Edited by Jayfunk

• Join the early access

Members are able to join clubs and participate in the forums.

• Latest Club Activity