Which decade has had the best music?

Guest MillionLiraMan

Which decade has the top-notchiest tunes?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which decade has the top-notchiest tunes?

• 40s or previous
    • 50s
    • 60s
    • 70s
    • 80s
    • 90s
    • Present day

Guest MillionLiraMan

You have to say why you think a particular decade is better as well.

My pick is probably the obvious winner, the 70s. We can all bicker about today's genre definition, but back then what was among the better stuff that came out was a lot more inventive than much of today's stuff, looking at it from the perspective of what they had to work with as a back catalogue at the time. There was an explosion of quality rock music, soul evolved, rap and disco first came about and there was just generally a lot of better stuff, I feel, than is produced now. Of course there was a lot of cack, but then the bad does come with the good unfortunately.

Highlights of the decade: Thin Lizzy, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Status Quo, Fleetwood Mac (blues and Buckingham-Nicks eras), Neil Young, Lynyrd Skynyrd, T-Rex, Black Sabbath, Van Halen, I could go on but I won't.

I wasn't even born by the end of ths decade, but it still has the best quality music out of the lot. Top notch!

Edited by MillionLiraMan

I have to agree,i love seventies music,especially the punk bands of the late seventies!it was like nothing that had been done before,a kickass attitude!,how i would of loved to of been a teenager during that period!,i also like eighties stuff,growing up through the eighties the music has so many good memories!The nineties were pants,but this decade is rapidly improving!

Guest ......cjr......

I can recall starting a decade thread about 3 months ago but it dont matter big man. Anyways my fav decade is the 80s Cheers

And one thing for the present day music, MUSIC TODAY SUCKS

Im a total mark for the New Romantics era including bands like ABC, Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet and The Human League. My favourite album ever is "Actually" by the Pet Shop Boys so its the 80's for me no contest.

Guest Anime Otaku
90's for bands like Nirvana, Manic street preachers, NWA, Tupac, basically it was the the decade Rap truly broke out and there was a good amount of rock too, an of course it ended on a real high note with Eminem Becoming a huge over night success.

Guest The Crippler

Well looking at my album collection it is the 90s - albums like Definitely Maybe, Achtung Baby, The Holy Bible, OK Computer are some of my favourite in my collection. Didn't like 80s music and that is shown in my collection with only U2 and REM albums in it. Like Jung said, a lot of the 80s was awful.

I'd say the 90s, probably because it is the decade which I grew up getting into music which is a fair enough reason I suppose. 90s then 60s I'd say.