Fan Clubs

WWE Bragging Rights Discussion Thread - October 24, 2010 from Minneapolis, MN

TPIB

The second annual WWE Bragging Rights will come to you, live on pay-per-view, on October 24 from the Target Center in Minneapolis, MN.

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/posters/br2010.jpg

Confirmed Matches/Events

7-on-7 RAW Vs. SmackDown Bragging Rights Elimination Tag Match:

The Miz (Capt.), R-Truth, John Morrison, Santino Marella, Sheamus, CM Punk, & Ezekiel Jackson (Team RAW) Vs. Big Show (Capt.), Rey Mysterio, Jack Swagger, Alberto Del Rio, Edge, Tyler Reks, & Kofi Kingston (Team SmackDown)

World Heavyweight Championship: Buried Alive Match:

Kane © (with Paul Bearer) Vs. The Undertaker

WWE Championship:

Randy Orton © Vs. Wade Barrett (with John Cena)

Champion Vs. Champion:

Daniel Bryan Vs. Dolph Ziggler (with Vickie Guerrero)

Divas Championship:

"Co-Divas Champion" Layla (with Michelle McCool) Vs. Natalya

Goldust (with Aksana) Vs. Ted DiBiase (with Maryse)

Edited by TPIB

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sparrow
if wade wins that would suck monkey balls and would make the title more meaningless than it is today

Putting the title on Wade thanks to the help of John Cena would not suck. It would get people talking, it would put over John Cena in Nexus and it would put a fresh face in the main event or atleast around the main event and further a storyline that could see John Cena turn heel.

Does not seem meaningless to me.

Guest Jayfunk
sorry sparrow you don't create new stars by giving them the world title quickly it just devalues the title and doesn't end up building quality stars. I think they rusn the title on people like shemus and is he really a star, i personally don't believe so.

Guest Sparrow

Yeah but this situation is different to the Sheamus one. Wade Barrett got his shot by the help of the reluctent John Cena. He is getting what he wants thanks to the WWE Poster Boy, if that won't make a star out of Wade then nothing will. Also if this storyline did not revolve around the main event then it would seem worthless, that is why Wade has got his shot.

It makes sense to have this match as soon as possible to try and get Nexus meaning something again, adding John Cena was the first step and now this. I think they are going on the right track.

Edited by Sparrow

If I were to pick a team captain, i'd probably pick the guy who turned on his own team last year too! Is it that hard to have a bit of continuity?

Guest Jimmy Redman
You could say that he turned on Team Raw last year, not Smackdown. Plus he doesnt have a tag team partner this time (nor is he a heel) so he'd have no reason to.

Does it really matter what team he is on, I mean 4 of the Smackdown team from last year are now on Raw and 4 of the Raw team from last year are now on Smackdown! Really makes the match meaningless to me.

The heel excuse is a bit weak, seeing as there were other heels on the Raw team that didn't turn on their side. His character should have a bit more depth than good guy = won't turn. I really hope someone on his team brings it up before the show.

Anyway, I can't remember but did he give a reason on why he turned, other than Jericho told him to?

Guest Jimmy Redman

I was just offering a suggestion for a kayfabe reason why he wouldnt turn on his team again. Its not like he's especially a turncoat or anything, the only reason he did it was because he was in cahoots with Jericho. He wont do it now, he has absolutely no reason to, its common sense. Thats like asking why Kane didnt interfere in Taker/Shawn at WM26, since he interfered in their HIAC match. Totally different situations.

And of course the match is meaningless.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jimmy Redman

Just remembered there was a PPV on tomorrow, so vBookies are up HERE.

Its so depressing. NOBODY cares.

Card doesnt even look that enticing, and thin too. But anyway, Raw vs SD will be a fun cluster. Orton/Barrett will be fun for the angle, cant wait to see what happens actually. Bryan/Dolph should be a really good match. I've high hopes for Nattie/Layla.

Only Taker/Kane sounds utterly awful.

Edited by Jimmy Redman

Guest Sparrow

I think this card looks okay. Just not had enough time to build on it.

Dolph Vs. Bryan could be good.

Wade and Orton is going to be okay.

I am interested to see what is going to happen in the buried alive match.

and the bragging rights match should be really good, enough names in it to make it good.

Just 2 weeks since the last PPV. Do they really think people are going to care?!

Guest The Beltster
Ted Dibiase V Goldust has been added apparently. Exciting times.
Funny to think, Dustin Rhodes made his WWF debut in 1990 on SNME in an angle where he got beaten up by Ted DiBiase...so DiBiase sr beats up Dusty's son and Dusty's son beats up Ted's son 20 years later.

• Join the early access

Members are able to join clubs and participate in the forums.

• Latest Club Activity