Fan Clubs

Wow! I just discovered I like Cena

The Icon

Actually that title is a bit of a misnomer as despite the fact I want to like Cena I find very little to like as I think about Cena while typing this. That said I just have not got the heart to hate him either as he really isn't that bad. Even his cartoon elements don't bother me that much.

As far as in ring work goes Cena seems average at best and he relies on his opponents to carry him most of the time & seems unable to work a long match. Then there is his fake punches and STF. However what seems so isn't always, yes Cena is most often booked like that but actually hes not a bad wrestler and doesn't really need to be carried. If You seen him in OVW and early WWE you would know this was true.

Then there’s his mic work, he started out with some genuinely entertaining raps but now he just repeats the same clichéd catchphrases every week. * Again though look closer and you see genuine talent, when he is not booked to sound like a cartoon he is an outstanding talker and he's a gifted actor at times.

(*Mind you so did The Rock and for that matter everybody else & it didn’t hurt him).

Is he championship material, yes obviously he proved he can carry a show. Is he bland & boring, no. Is he sometimes predictable yes but still that's not always a bad thing

Cena may be average in the ring but he’s not that bad & at least he can be entertaining with his limited move set. Add to that his catchphrases repetitive they may be but fans (certain types of anyway) still love them so they must be working.

OK so this thread isn’t exactly the I like Cena thread I intended it to be but still the point is there leave the man alone as there are far more deserving targets out there for your hatred. Like David Botchtunga.

Cena DOES not deserve to be a champion again any time soon, as there is little more he can do with the belt but he does deserve to be a main eventer for life he’s earned that much.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jayfunk
So Cena pretty much the only half assed star the have shouldn't be champion? I disagree I would rather Cena as a legit champ than miz, wade ,shaemus, swagger who are legit 5 years before there time

So Cena pretty much the only half assed star the have shouldn't be champion? I disagree I would rather Cena as a legit champ than miz, wade ,shaemus, swagger who are legit 5 years before there time

AS I said Cena should not be champion because what else can he do? Face Orton for the 456th time?

If Miz, Sheamus, Swagger and Barrett are, in your own words, legit, then why are you opposed to giving them a run with the title?

If Miz, Sheamus, Swagger and Barrett are, in your own words, legit, then why are you opposed to giving them a run with the title?

I think what he was trying to say is that they are being pushed as champs 5 years before their time, and are not legit yet?

To which I disagree. WWE needs new main eventers now.

Actually that title is a bit of a misnomer as despite the fact I want to like Cena I find very little to like as I think about Cena while typing this.

Did it cross your mind to, I don't know, not post a thread titled "I like Cena" at any point? Obviously after seriously evaluating Cena, you came to the conclusion he is a boring, dull worker, yet you went ahead with the thread title. Why?

Ugh.

I don't usually post in wrestling threads any more, but these are terrible. Seriously, they are.

"Wow, I just discovered I like The Icon's posts!!! Actually, no, I find them f*cking brutal and embarrassing to read."

Edited by Jack

I'm confused, do you like Cena or not like Cena? I read the OP at least twice and still can't figure it out.

I like Cena by the way and think he is fine as champ, but I do agree that they have to get some new blood into the main event. It's been boring for awhile now with HBK, HHH, Taker and Batista out of the picture.

Correction. It was kind of boring with them in the picture too.

Did it cross your mind to, I don't know, not post a thread titled "I like Cena" at any point? Obviously after seriously evaluating Cena, you came to the conclusion he is a boring, dull worker, yet you went ahead with the thread title. Why?

If you read the post you will see It ends with me liking Cena. Clearly you didn't read it.

Edited by Paul

Guest Jayfunk

They are not legit they are years away from being legit that is my point

Guest Chriscare

5 years seems highly excessive. If WWE thought like that they'd crumble. Miz can carry his own in matches and promo's and only needs some credible wins and top line matches to be a credible world champion. Barrett isn't ready for the main event which has been blindingly obvious in his recent headline matches, Sheamus is looks fairly credible, but seriously needs some major wins as he's never really had any and the same can be said for Swagger. A good 6 month investiment is all they really need to be "Legit" as you put it. The problem is WWE (and TNA) is that they rarely seem keen to put that investment into someone. They'll start to push them for a bit, give them the title before they're ready, and then book them poorly as champion with no clean wins over anybody.

As for Cena, he shouldn't be Champion because the Champion should have the ability to carry his opponents through good matches. At a time when WWE are desperate for new stars and are throwing anyone into the Main Event scene in a desperate attempt to get them over quickly, you need your Champion to be able to hide their flaws and how green they may be to work this calibur of a match. With HBK and Jericho gone from WWE, Undertaker and CM Punk on the shelf and Mysterio sturggling through nagging injuries. WWE have a real problem that there's no one around that really fits that criteria at the moment.

Guest Jimmy Redman

Cena cant carry scrubs to a good match? Where on earth have you been?

I agree with the rest of your post though, five years is too long to wait for guys like these, but its not even about putting a specific time on it really. You just need to build them up properly, give them some wins, give them credibility, give them time to acquire that main event gravitas, if you will. That can take 2 months or 6 months or 3 years or 10 years, whatever, it depends on who it is and how well WWE book them.

Guest Chriscare
Cena cant carry scrubs to a good match? Where on earth have you been?

erm, watching Cena continue to be unable to carry people to a good or even passable match. If you can think of an example where he's done this then I'm all ears.

Guest Ciaran The King

The so called send-off on Raw just proved that even though WWE pushed him for 8 years solid, he still was, and never will be over with the

18+audience. WWE even acknowledge the fact that he wasn't popular. Unless Cena return's as Stone Cold or The Rock's incarnation then this whole story line has been a waste of time to everyone involved.

Guest Chriscare
He was mega over with the whole audience. Not over is the kind of reaction that you get when Drew McIntrye comes out. Not dueling chants of "Let's go Cena, Cena Sucks" from practically the whole audience. Cena provokes a massive reaction from everyone, whether it be boo's or cheers.

The so called send-off on Raw just proved that even though WWE pushed him for 8 years solid, he still was, and never will be over with the

18+audience. WWE even acknowledge the fact that he wasn't popular. Unless Cena return's as Stone Cold or The Rock's incarnation then this whole story line has been a waste of time to everyone involved.

Would this be the "18+ audience" who were listening to his every word and played along when he asked for them to chant? The same audience who Cena had in the palm of his hand?

As stated by the last two guys he was over, oh boy was he ever over. More so than many WWE stars, inluding I mght say the one in your avatar.

Guest Jimmy Redman
erm, watching Cena continue to be unable to carry people to a good or even passable match. If you can think of an example where he's done this then I'm all ears.

- Great Khali

- Lashley

- Wade Barrett

- Sabu

- Batista

- Carlito (in bad Carlito periods)

- Chris Masters (in 2005 when he was a scrub)

This is just off the top of my head, mind. Its hard to remember since Cena doesnt work with many scrubs on PPV.

On another note, its not that he's a scrub exactly but I just thought of it, how bad have Orton's main events been since he stopped working with Cena?

• Join the early access

Members are able to join clubs and participate in the forums.

• Latest Club Activity