War With Iraq

Guest ChrisfromBirtley

Guest ChrisfromBirtley

War With Irak

What do u think of it?

Do u think we`ll go to war?

Do u think Irak have the abilitie to launch a nuke?

Should Britain get involved?

Should they train kids?

Let me know

Thanks/ChrisfromBirtley

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sell Iraq like that lol

As for war, it will probably happen at some point but not yet, but the idea of training kids is pointless because we aren't in the 40's anymore, and if we war it will probably be more biological or nuclear warfare.

Guest ChrisfromBirtley

According to news, they could be getting tanks ready to go next Friday.

Some soldiers are saying they want rid of Sadam Hussain, not the innocent Irakis.

Whilst some say, they are looking forward to retribution against Irakies, and they would even kill a 5 yr.old kid.

Wow!!

Thanks/ ChrisfromBirtley

Why does an attack on Iraq seem to be such a viable and necessary option? Wouldn't the removal of Saddam from power be a far more humane option?

The USA (and apologies to any of our colonist cousins who frequent these boards for any offense caused) has a pretend President, a funtional illiterate who needs afternoon naps, a man with a FELONY on his records, a man who was an alcoholic (and if anyone here's met an alcoholic, no one STOPs being an alcoholic) and he's got his finger on the button? God Save America 'cause their own President ain't the man to do it!

So why the talk of war and terrorism that's been touted with such fervour in the last few years? Well, has anyone ever read the book "1984". Most people remember the "Big Brother is Watching You" part but the pertinant bit would be the "State of permanent war". Basically, the populace of Oceania was kept in place by threat of instant death via the "rocket bombs" of the Eurasians (or the third super-power whose name escapes me now). As long as there was some kind of war-effort, patriotic fervour could be relied upon to keep the proletariat and the "party members" in check. This is uncannily similar to the state of things that the US appears to be so keen to foster.

Oh, and I did read that the only reason that Tony Blair is George W's friend is 'cause he looks like a f******g GENIUS stood next to that man!

Originally posted by ChrisfromBirtley

Whilst some say, they are looking forward to retribution against Irakies, and they would even kill a 5 yr.old kid.

F***wits.

The war is with Iraq and its leadership, not the inncoent people. Saddam Hussian runs Iraq with fear, not respect, truth be known I'm sure most of the Iraq men and women would rebel agaisnt Saddam and his leadership, if they were promised freedom and protection.

As for us going to war, it will probably happen, I believe the US and UK want to have at least 150,000 troops in the region before any invasion starts. The UN have to present the findings of thier inspection at the end of the month and then probably we will find out if the war will get UN backing. Either way, its expected that any action will commence mid Feb early May.

I'm sure Iraq could launch some sort of Nuclear weapon but probably don't have the ability to launch it as far as Europe or the US. I don't see Iraq posing a major threat to us at the moment, the bigger threat comes from terror organisations. I believe us, the UK should focus on home security rather than attacking Iraq, and in it killing a lot of innocent people.

As far as children in war, as said before it won't happen, the furure wars will be nothing like any wars we have seen beofre, it will probably largely an attack from the air on our apart, and Nuclear and Bio/Chemical warfare from the Iraq military.

it looks like war will occur with Iraq, but the even more worring thing is that I can't see it stopping thier, they seem to be so many so called "Rouge Nations" that sadly war looks be to a continuing aspect of life for a very long time.

Edited by Dan

Guest The Vulcanized One

There are two very simple reasons the US/Un want to go for iraq. Because they haven't found anyone top punish for 9/11 and Dubya thought 'Hey I can prove to my daddy I'm good by catching the guy he never could' and for oil. that's why they attacked Afghanistan and placed their own man in as leader so they could get cheap oil and that's exactly what they're going to do to iraq. i could tell you about how george Dubya bush is a ****ing corrupt c*** and quote an entire chapter from michael moore;stupid white men but I recommend you go and buy the book yourselves.

EDIT: Easy on the swearing. The word you left in was as strong as the one you filled with stars. Cheers

Edited by The Crippler

Originally posted by The Vulcanized One

There are two very simple reasons the US/Un want to go for iraq. Because they haven't found anyone top punish for 9/11 and Dubya thought 'Hey I can prove to my daddy I'm good by catching the guy he never could' and for oil. that's why they attacked Afghanistan and placed their own man in as leader so they could get cheap oil and that's exactly what they're going to do to iraq. i could tell you about how george Dubya bush is a ****ing corrupt c*** and quote an entire chapter from michael moore;stupid white men but I recommend you go and buy the book yourselves.

Amen to that.

(apart from the C-word!)

Edited by The Crippler

Make no mistake war WILL happen. My brother in law is in the army and for the past 2 weeks hes been on 12 hour call out to leave for Iraq at any moment. Couple that with the amount of military force being built up in the middle east it is obvious that Blair and Bush are hellbent on war.

The thing that annoys me is that they give there reason for going to war as Iraq are building and stockpiling weapons of mass destruction which is complete rubbish. This war is all about OIL, nothing more nothing less. If it were truly about weapons then they would also have to declare war against China and North Korea. It is widely known that China has been stockpiling weapons for years and only a few weeks ago North Korea pulled out of a UN Nuclear Disarmament agreement, so therefore if they are too declare war on Iraq for this reason then they would also have to do the same with China and North Korea which there never going too do.

Bush is pushing for war as he needs to be seen as doing something to fight terroism and the easiest way he can think of is by picking on Iraq. Now im not saying Iraq is innocent because it isnt by any means but by declaring war on them you will shatter there already near useless economy. Saddam needs to be removed from power but not by war against his country. They should have killed him when they had the chance during the gulf war as they had the chance of killing him but didnt take it. Now they have the problem that if they kill him they risk making him a Martyr to his followers. They cant really exile him either as he wouldstill have too much of an influence with his followers. The only option is to have him arrested and charged with crimes against humanity.

At the end of the day whatever they do it wont be the perfect answer becuase they should have removed him from power at the end of the gulf war. Also whatever option they take innocent Iraqi (Sp?) lives are going to be lost.

And all to justfiy Bush running for a second term in office

:roll

on a side note nice to see a good thought provoking topic in here and who would have thought it would be started by ChrisfromBirtley lol

Edited by HSM

The way I look at it, if Saddam is stockpiling nuclear and chemical weapons, are we supposed to wait around until he starts killing us before we take any action against him. We should go in, get him the f*** out and the world will be a safer place.

This is a guy who holds an election, and always get's 100% of the votes, not because Iraqi's love the guy but becuase if you don't vote for him he'll kill you, he needs to be removed from power.

BTW, today the US government announced that if they attack Iraq and remove Saddam, then they will not take control Iraqs oil.

Guest Seabass

hmmmm... i'm gonna look at it in different ways

PEACE- this war (or the war that looks god damn guaranteed to happen) came about as America found out it wasn't quite so invincible (sorry but I'm gonna have to point to 9/11 for America's realisation). Since the attack came from Osmia Bin Laden (where is he these days...) who was based in Iraq. Bush found that it needed to do something (gotta remember it's America...they ain't gonna just rebuild their defences...they are gonna take some action) but rather then repeat the Gulf war, Bush just simply wants to weaken Iraq therefore reducing threats from terroists. of course he's just saying they will go to war as a way to pressure Saddam or as a last resort. but surely Bush will delay the deadline in hopes that Saddam will comply? if not then instead of war-

OIL = $$$$$- iraq has lots of oil and it isn't sharing...well not with America, as a result it's looks like they are getting greddy- of course America couldn't just take the oil as a) War would start and b) people would be against Bush's descion and thus lose support. so America (you don't think it was just Bush as the only president who wanted the oil) needed an excuse- bam! 9/11 happned. A unfortunate event...however soon this became a "excuse" to get into Iraq and maybe get the oil via war or some treaty thingie. on a side note maybe Britian is allied with America so they can get thier fair share of the oil / econmy boost

IMAGE- America = Justice and there is no better way in boosting that image by stopping "evil" (we all have are own deifinations of evil) of course Britian need to look important and so ally themselves with Britian to look like "defenders of the free world". as JFK father said among the lines "it's not who you are, it's what they see you as" so if America and Britian can stop evil- we become heroes and can probably get away with anything. of course which way Saddam will be stopped will may depend on which would be more benificail to image.

as they say- "image is everything"

REVENGE- Now you've done it, you bombed some other buildings, you've killed some of are people but now you have gone too far, do you think that america is gonna sit there and think "okay- we've got the money and technology- we can rebuild it in no time" well guess again- your gonna find out that payback's a bitch and America is holding the whip!. Of course just going straight in iraq and shoot the place till all you can see is a guy sitting in the toilet with no clue as what is happening, is not the answer...not a justified one anyway. so poor old bush who all for his birthday wants a war has to find a reason. Wait a minute... didn't they sell/give/lose those weapons to the iraqs, are they disarmed, NO! well this is good news lets go in thier and blast them till Bush can smell burnt turbans..oh i see- playing it cool and then BAM! hit them high, low hard and fast and give them a spanking in the form of a AK-47.

I take back what i said earlier, Payback isn't a bitch- it's Gerorge W. Bush waering a cowboy hat, smoking a cigar holding two relvolvers to Saddam's (and/or Osima Bin Laden's) Head saying "who's your daddy...Bitch". The rest will most likely be history.

Guest Dean Douglas

First off Seabass, Osama bin Laden has no connections with Iraq or Saddam Hussein , I don't know the exact nature of it but their interpretations of Islam are radically different and bin Laden considers Saddam an enemy, not a WMD wholesaler, and if his religious convictions are strong to cause him to wage a holy war on the entire western world then I don't think he'll be dealing with someone he's fundamentally opposed to. As well as this, there are UN inspectors in Iraq searching for these weapons of mass destruction that Iraq is supposed to have, Iraq is cooperating and the only things they've found so far are some empty chemical warheads that he bought from the Americans in the 1980s, so scratch that one from Dubya's "excuses to go to war for that lovely black stuff they have and we want" list, he doesn't have WMD and if he did he wouldn't be selling them to Al Qaeda.

Fun Fact For The Day: Osama bin Laden offered the services of himself and other freedom fighters that resisted the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan to the Saudi Arabian government when Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait, and he was able to summon such a large, well equipped force due to the untold sums of money and weapons he was given by his allies....the Americans

And Joanne, what a ****ing moronic comment to make, of course the war won't be too severe on our behalf but it will be for the millions of Iraqis that have had to put up with shortages of food and other essential supplies, unimaginable hardship for ten years and the total destruction of their way of life, as well as the odd low profile bombing raid by those good guys from the RAF and the USAF. The people of Iraq have suffered for a decade and if we go for another shopping trip to the Iraqi oilfields then they'll have to go through more of what they didn't deserve, was brought upon them by us and has continued because of the attitudes of greedy politicians and selfish, ignorant, tunnel-visioned idiots that can only think of how everything affects them.

The current warpath Bush & Co. w/ His Tonyness are on is nothing more than an attempt to get hold of oil wrapped up in the American flag. They may say that they won't take control of it, I personally think they're full of shit but if they break with tradition and keep to their word then who will?, the answer is the big American oil companies, many cabinet members get a slice of the action personally due to investment or membership of the board and the US economy gets a boost when all that lovely oil and the money that goes with it comes running into the US to keep those politicians and executives in Bentleys and Dom Perignon.

Whether Saddam Hussein needs to be removed from power is debatable, but not by some oil hungry western states, if America really wanted him out and didn't care about getting hold of Iraqs oil then they would fund and encourage revolutionaries to depose Saddam from within Iraq, which is far more democratic as the people of Iraq are controlling their fate, not a foreign super power that wants to control the activities of a weaker nation for their own gain with war and intimidation. Now what's that called when one entity tries to get another entity to submit to it's wishes by using threats and actual acts of force and violence which kill many innocent people?......oh yeah, terrorism.