Favourite Celeb Match  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Celeb Match

• Wrestlemania 2's Football Vs Wrestling Battle Royale
    • Slamboree 2000's Arquette Vs DDP Vs Jarrett: Triple Cage Match
    • Wrestlemania 11's Lawrence Taylor Vs Bigelow
    • Road Wild 98's Jay Leno and DDP Vs Bischoff and Hogan
    • Bash at the Beach 98's DDP and Karl Malone Vs Hogan and Rodman
    • Wrestlemania 14's Austin Vs Michaels with Tyson as special guest time waster
    • Other

Guest Rudi El Fire

Jerry Lawler vs. Andy Kaufman - Whatever the match quality, it remains one of the best executed publicity stunts in wrestling history, as the same mainstream press that mocked pro-wrestling bought into the angle as a genuine feud.

Drew Carey in the 1991 Royal Rumble - felt like a million dollars as he stood alone in the ring as the men around him eliminated each other, then legged it over the top as fast as his little legs could carry him when Kane made his perfectly timed entrance. Classic!

Guest GrayGray

I actually voted for the Triple Cage Match at Slamboree. But I am completely ignoring the fact David Arquette was involved. The match was a lot better than "the original" in Ready To Rumble.

Jeff Jarrett and Diamond Dallas Page were both fantastic in this match, and the awesome bump that Kanyon took afterwards made this match even more special. The only problem was Vince Russo screwed it up by having Kanyon turn heel when he returned, and he has struggled ever since. Kanyon could have easily made it to main-event status in WCW on his inventive style alone, and despite his speech impediment he can cut a decent interview.

When I first watched this match, I thought WCW were taking a step in the right direction. By getting the title away from Arquette and giving it to Jarrett, and also by giving Kanyon a much deserved push. However, it was all overshadowed by Arquette's subsiquent heel turn.

Gray

Guest The Genetic Jackhammer
i`ll go for austin vs micheals for the simple reason that, thats the only match outta them that i seen.

The triple deck cage match was very good, because Arquette wasn't involved, he just went straight to the top and stayed out of action. While the Kanyon thing was cool, it was completely stupid and typical of Russo's over booking, and as soon as it happened everyone forgot about the match, and the fact Jarrett was the champ.

As for my faves, the Road Wild one was quite fun, but my favourite I'd say was probably Austin and Tyson stuff

Triple Cage Match at Slamboree was another one of Russo's most tasteless booking idea's when he did the Kanyon fall and injury angle in the Kemper Arena, sadly it wasn't his worst angle which is another reason why WCW is now dead.