Paul

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UKFF.

To quote Lionheart (as in the wrestler)

I'l add to this...

I can confirm that Fight Club, Noam Dar and Myself have all been paid in full what we were owed. As I understand it Johnny Moss who did not actually work on the night still received what would have been a show wage.

Obviously everything in Wrestling is taken with a certain degree of dubiety. Thus far however, it would certainly seem that Danny (who I can confirm is re-igniting the 1PW flame) has his shit together and is very confident about the future of the company.

Unfortunately I cannot comment on any of the rest of the roster.

• 5 weeks later...

Upcoming Events:

1PW: The New Dawn

February 26th 2011

Ellesmere Port

1PW: Countdown

May 27th 2011

Ellesmere Port

1PW: The Last Stand

May 28th 2011

Chester

1PW: Live

July 30th 2011

Ellesmere Port

1PW: Live

September 17th 2011

Ellesmere Port

The Anniversary: 1PW Comes Home

October 29th 2011

Doncaster Dome, Doncaster

http://www.oneprowrestling.com/events.php

Think they'll make it to the Dome? :lol

Hope so as I wanna take kids to see a show.

I think the group they had on the news part is D-X... X-Pac, Roaddogg and Billy Gunn.

Yeesh.

I don't think it's holds much hope that they're having a show called "the last stand" halfway through the year. :lol

Not sure it makes sense to me, build up your fan base in the liverpool manchester area then have a big show in Doncaster?

1PW are still making the fundamental mistakes, this is business and you cannot run a business with touchy feely friendly wendly emotions. You build up your fan base and then you try to expand gently, finding bigger venues and then moving on when you have filled that hall out and are making a profit, not breaking even, a profit.

It takes about 5 years to build up a promotion from nothing, you rush it and it will hemorage money!

I'm actually surprised about the Doncaster Dome, word was they didnt want any wrestling there again after the incident with indoor fireworks nearly killing someone at a 1PW show. :lol

The Dome will draw, its such a good wrestling venue. I may even be tempted to go.

Not sure it makes sense to me, build up your fan base in the liverpool manchester area then have a big show in Doncaster?

1PW are still making the fundamental mistakes, this is business and you cannot run a business with touchy feely friendly wendly emotions. You build up your fan base and then you try to expand gently, finding bigger venues and then moving on when you have filled that hall out and are making a profit, not breaking even, a profit.

It takes about 5 years to build up a promotion from nothing, you rush it and it will hemorage money!

I'm with Saz on this one. I'd much sooner sell out a smaller venue and have to turn people away than only half fill a bigger venue and lose a buttload of cash over it.

I'm sure it will draw, but not half their fan base who live the 100 odd miles to the West of it.

I'm not talking about die hard wrestling fans, I am talking about the bread and butter of wrestling, Kids and their paying families.

ON the other hand I would imagin they will aim the Dome show at a more smarky crowd, 1PW pulled fans from London and Scotland to come to Doncaster, if they are smart they can again.

Big IF though isnt it. ;)

I'd like to think I'd actually be bothered to get on a train and come up, but it'd need something awesome on the card to get me to make the journey. I'm actually more interested in the venue itself, heard a lot of good stuff about the Dome.

I really enjoyed the show at the Dome that I went too. Top weekend, that was. Even shook Steve Corino's hand at the station like a total fanboy.

Missed my train home too!

Guest MojoPogo
Dammit, i would have come down for that. I really, really enjoyed the 1pw shows we went to. Dont even get me started on the legendary Colin getting hammered show.

That was a good night! Colin is an utter star!

Yeah we had some good times at the 1PW meet ups. Having the Briscoes trying to score dope off of us, sitting next to Nigel McGuiness in McDonalds, chatting at a water fountain with Mad Man Manson, seeing Burridge singing YMCA on karaoke and watching various people getting star struck! :lol

Guest MojoPogo
That was a good night! Colin is an utter star!

Yeah we had some good times at the 1PW meet ups. Having the Briscoes trying to score dope off of us, sitting next to Nigel McGuiness in McDonalds, chatting at a water fountain with Mad Man Manson, seeing Burridge singing YMCA on karaoke and watching various people getting star struck! :lol

You forgot the Apyss incident........:lol

Guest Chriscare
will it die already gone are the days were they would get some decent US talent coming over

And so should it be gone. Paying US talent to come in for stupid ammounts of money is no the way forward for a british wrestling company and the british wrestling scene. They need to get their own fan base, create their own brand and create their own stars.