Hangover cures

Guest MillionLiraMan

Guest MillionLiraMan

Well, I know that around Christmas and New Year time we had some threads about drinking and the like, so if this topic already came up just ignore it, I couldn't be bothered to check (didn't do any good the last time I tried checking first anyway!).

Anyway, you've had a night out and wake up the next morning feeling particularly rank. What do you do about it? By the way, to those who say they don't really get hangovers: don't bother telling us that. I for one would give my right testicle not to suffer the headaches and pains after a night's drinking, but am too weak-willed to give up alcohol, so don't suggest that either. So please don't mention not suffering hangovers and not needing to do anything, because that's when the little green-eyed monster comes and takes hold of me! :D

My personal solution to hangovers is Irn Bru, don't ask me why but it just has something about it that helps! If there's none about then I'll maybe have a Resolve, but more likely a bit of hair of the dog is the preferred option in the absence of Irn Bru (hence yesterday's double Glayva for breakfast!).

What are your solutions?

Guest The Vulcanized One
Eating before you go and get pissed, drinking loads of water just before you go to sleep and a couple of alka seltzer at the same time. Also a bacon sandwich with Ketchup seems to work for me.

The mistake a lot of people make when they have a hangover is have a cup of Coffee.

That's the worst possible thing you could do!!!

Just drink lotsa water. And the best thing is as Chris said, dont get drunk in the first place.

I drink lot's of water on my way home, then have a glass of Orange Juice before I go to bed. I can't seem to drink water in the morning if I'm hungover so I just drink Coke. Usually if i'm hungover in the morning I just lay in bed in the dark and sleep it off.

Guest The Crippler

I don't really get hangovers. :D

Well, I normally get a really dry mouth but thats about it. The odd time when I have really went for it the night before I may wake up with a really dodgy stomach and so I'd have a nice fry up. That usually does the trick.

Guest PeteR Richards

Get responsible people who are with me to get me lots of water and coffee before I sleep.

Waking Up: Talk about it with your friends (who I'm always with when I'm pissed) and realise that you shouldn't moan like a little bitch, as you had a bloody good time! Then just talk with your friends, drink coffee, get bacon or sausage sandwiches, and basically chill out in the dark.

My hangover's are usually worth it, don't see why people moan so much ... and yes I can guarantee I was equally, if not more so wrecked than you were the night before!

Guest MillionLiraMan
For your sake mate I hope not as I'd just done really badly in my second exam in as many days, and with that being my last one I made the short trip from the examination room to the bar at about 11:30 a.m. and proceeded to get absolutely f**kered until 3 a.m. involving several pints of bitter, two-thirds of a bottle of Glayva and as many Vodka and Red Bulls as I could down to help me take in the fact that not only had I completely screwed up any hop I had of getting a First for my degree, but also that I had somehow ended up in Ikon with the frigging Cheeky Girls on stage! If you were as bad as or worse than that, then you have my every sympathy big man! :D

Guest PeteR Richards

I take back my comment, that beats all the drunken stories I've heard, I haven't been paraletic (sp?) or anything like that :D I just wanted to emphasise that I'm not a "feeling slightly woozy, better stop" kind of guy.

I don't really do stupid things like that, I just get seriously bad giggles, start loving people like I've known them all my life, be brutally honest about everything, fall over all over the place and say stupid things.

Ooh, I moshed to Cheeky Girls and Girls Aloud, though!

PS: MillionLiraMan has made General Chat awesome recently!