Fan Clubs

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Wrestlemania 27

Guest Ciaran The King

Guest Ciaran The King
Is it me, or is anyone else concerned that at the moment WWE does not seem to be building for WM27. There seems to be no potential fueds or story lines developing and the current roster on SD & Raw have fought each other numerous times. Except for the return of HHH and Taker from injury what else is there to make WM stand out.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's only December. WM is 3 months away. They have 3 more ppv to build up first, so really what to expect when it is so far away. Anyway they don't nomally start the build until around rumble time. Edited by The Icon

Guest Chriscare

There does seem nothing obvious at this time, but their rarely is until Royal Rumble comes around. Last year Edge was due back so we knew Jericho vs Edge was likely, but that's about it. I guess this year Triple H is due back, so we know Sheamus vs Triple will happen, but that may not be at Mania again.

And they have tried to sort of build it with the Taker/Lesnar thing at UFC.

As things stand I couldn't guess a single match on the card, WWE seems very fast moving these days.

Guest Chriscare
I really doubt that, I heard they wanted some WCW inductee because of where it's being held, but I'd imagine Goldberg would be last on their list with all the digs Triple H has been having at him.

I really doubt that, I heard they wanted some WCW inductee because of where it's being held, but I'd imagine Goldberg would be last on their list with all the digs Triple H has been having at him.

The news sites are saying that there are talks between Goldberg and WWE. Even today it was brought up on most news sites. (It should be noted said reports said the talks were stone cold.)

Well it's only December. WM is 3 months away. They have 3 more ppv to build up first, so really what to expect when it is so far away. Anyway they don't nomally start the build until around rumble time.

4 months away mate, its in April.

First few days of April, sometimes WM's are even late March, so I count it as 3 in PPV terms as there will be 3 ppv's. Although in counted days it is 4 months of course.
In the real word, I-con, it's four months. Doesn't matter how many PPVs there are, it doesn't alter time. :lol

Guest Jimmy Redman

Come on guys, you know what he means. Wrestlemania is "supposed" to be the March PPV, sometimes it falls in the first week of April. Lets settle down.

As for WM27, I've no idea, but like others have said, they usually leave most of it until after Rumble. The main problem is that most main event combos are played out.

And its not just the usual suspects either, the HHH/Cena/Orton triumvirate. I mean, even if you do get someone new like Miz or Barrett in there (and there's no guarantee of that), Miz has already feuded with Cena, he'll have feuded with Orton by the time it comes. Barrett has already feuded with Orton and Cena. Sheamus has already done HHH, Cena, Orton. HHH against Miz or Barrett are the only real fresh match ups at the top of the card, and how desperate is using "HHH at the top of the card" as fresh?

Honestly the only way to have fresh Raw main event WM matches would be to have matches that are unlikly to happen.

HHH vs Miz

Barrett vs a face Sheamus

Orton vs Morrison (That would getting Morrison to main event before WM and if unless it was face vs face turning him.)

Cena vs well pick any midcard/upper midcard heel and put him over to elevate his stature.

I'm not looking forward to next years Mania at all. The main event scene is horrible, with the exception of Miz. There is just nothing about it that interests me this year.

Guest Jamster26
Cena vs well pick any midcard/upper midcard heel and put him over to elevate his stature.

Doesn't Cena "put over" everybody he has a match with?

Guest Dante Spears
I'm not looking forward to next years Mania at all. The main event scene is horrible, with the exception of Miz. There is just nothing about it that interests me this year.

That really could all change. this time in 2004 Batista and Cena were mid card at best yet by Wrestlemania 21 they were the hottest wrestlers on the card.

Guest Jimmy Redman

To be fair, by this time in 2004 Cena was over huge as a midcarder and Batista had already started to get over with his slow burn turn.

There's no sign of anything remotely similar now.

Guest Sean Johnson
I just bought my tickets, so I'm hoping its going to better than the last few years have been. Hopefully Taker will be back, and I'm crossing my fingers for Jericho. Batista can F off. It's really up in the air about what matches there's going to be, but its really too early to get upset about it. The main event will most likely have Cena beating (insert champion here). That's all I can predict from right now.

Guest Jayfunk
Honestly the only way to have fresh Raw main event WM matches would be to have matches that are unlikly to happen.

HHH vs Miz

Barrett vs a face Sheamus

Orton vs Morrison (That would getting Morrison to main event before WM and if unless it was face vs face turning him.)

That is an awesome c card show or edition of superstars :lol