Fan Clubs

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Can Samoa Joe/any TNA alumnus make it in WWE?

Guest Jamster26

Guest Jamster26
Former TNA champion Samoa Joe's TNA contract has expired, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.

The word making the rounds is that Joe will be working tonight's Final Resolution PPV and this week's Impact tapings as he and the company negotiate the terms of a new deal.

Didn't think this was worth a seperate thread as he hasn't left yet but do you think WWE will come in for Joe if TNA can't negotiate his contract?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff Jarrett seems to be the only guy with a say in TNA that believes in Joe so you know, I wanna see great Joe matches so if that means him going to ROH or WWE then so be it.

The man has put on a fair bit of weight though so I'm not sure if WWE would want a guy like that. Maybe a call up from WWE might give him the motivation to lose few pounds though.

Guest Jamster26

Hasn't he always been big though? Just look at Husky Harris; if he can get into WWE, then surely Joe could.

EDIT: Yeah, you're right; looks quite a bit slimmer on his debut. Maybe he has eased off for whatever reason.

Edited by Jamster26

Husky Harris is there because of his father.

As for Joe, watch him he he first came to TNA and check him now, he's much bigger and less healthy looking now.

Guest Sean Johnson
All Joe needs to do is look at what will happen to him if he goes the WWE route. Vance Archer? Marcus Cor Von? If he wants good money for a very short period of time, then WWE is the way to go. They'll change his name, let him marinate on Superstars beating Primo and Zack Ryder for a few months, then its future endeavor time.

Guest Sean Johnson

I'm just saying that as an established TNA star, his chances of becoming one in WWE are next to zero. Christian was a WWE guy to begin with, but he's not going to be a headliner. Gail Kim was also WWE, but she's way more talented than most of the Divas and also least likely to get a run as Diva's champ.

He does have some friends in good standing with the company, but history has shown that TNA stars are doomed in WWE.

Guest Jimmy Redman

Hardly.

Monty Brown didnt work out because he had to leave the company of his own accord. Christian is a WWE guy and was never going to get a main event push before or after TNA, it was irrelevant. Gail Kim is a decent worker but not much else, I mean I like her but its not like its a big travesty that girls like Beth, Nattie, Layla and Michelle are ahead of her. They were never going to push her that much, didnt matter if she spent the intervening years in TNA, ROH or the CIA. And Hoyt is useless! Nothing to do with TNA. Braden Walker, similarly, was awful in WWE entirely through his own fault.

They've all been doomed one way or the other, but its hardly because of TNA in itself. I mean I'm sure it cant help at all, but its not really the main reason for a seeming lack of a push when you look at the examples. They bury indy guys for fun, so they can all laugh and say "Look at the sh*tty indy guy you love!" But they dont do that with TNA folk.

Edited by Jimmy Redman

Guest Jimmy Redman
Thats a WCW and ECW thing more than anything else though. I think there's a disconnect between how Vince views WCW and ECW, who were a genuine competitor/influence at a certain point, as opposed to TNA or ROH, which arent competing or influencing him even remotely similarly. Neither are on his radar enough for him to actually be paranoid about using one of their talents or ideas.

Thats a WCW and ECW thing more than anything else though. I think there's a disconnect between how Vince views WCW and ECW, who were a genuine competitor/influence at a certain point, as opposed to TNA or ROH, which arent competing or influencing him even remotely similarly. Neither are on his radar enough for him to actually be paranoid about using one of their talents or ideas.

Maybe it's more of a WCW thing. I don't agree at all it's a ECW thing. He pushed Tajiri, Dudly Boys inc spike, Tazz and others at times.

Guest Jimmy Redman

"But not properly~!" I think is the argument.

And its said a lot about ECW the Brand Vince made since it didnt last long with the "ECW style" (such as it was) before it was homogenised.

"But not properly~!" I think is the argument.

And its said a lot about ECW the Brand Vince made since it didnt last long with the "ECW style" (such as it was) before it was homogenised.

Yes but he did push (some of) the old school ECW guys in 2000/1/2 long before any ECW revivial.

Guest Jimmy Redman

"But not properly~!"

Again is my point. Talk to someone who was a fan of Taz or Mike Awesome or Tajiri or so on, its always about how they were misused by WWE.