Open Club  ·  37 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Tough Enough 3 Winners *Spoilers*

Guest Russ

The contracts were awarded to...

John and Matt.

It was a certainty that Matt would win the contract, due to the fact that he has a gimmick already- a crybaby. He's bound to start a feud with Hardcore Holly now. I'm sure he'll be used as a comedy character, who breaks down in tears every time he loses a match because he hurt himself.

I'm just putting myself in McMahon's shoes. If Vince sees a guy who complained about getting hurt, with his mentality, he turns him into a crybaby.

I have no issues with any of the contestants, and I'm waiting until I see the show to pass judgement. :)

Guest The Genetic Jackhammer
Originally posted by Peter

Hopefully we don't have a new male version of Jackie Gayda on our hands ;)

I thought Jackie was a man :?

I agree with Russ,Vince Mcmahon would be very likely to turn Matt into a crybaby character,just like when Chris Nowinski planted the seeds in Vinces mind for his Havard character,which Vince used to his advantage!. Johns shooting star press was quite impressive for a beginner!i also think that Matts got a good look going on!:D

Guest Anime Otaku
i think Al Snow actually said he had never seen a shooting star press done on the mat before, that will probably be a big spot or even a finisher when he starts winning matches

Guest Rudi El Fire
There's no way that was the first ground-based SSP someone with the experience of Al Snow would have seen.. the move has been on display in Japan, the American indies and even FWA's trainee matches for some time now. But I can see the value of it being the first as far as WWE viewers know ;)

Originally posted by Rudi El Fire

There's no way that was the first ground-based SSP someone with the experience of Al Snow would have seen.. the move has been on display in Japan, the American indies and even FWA's trainee matches for some time now. But I can see the value of it being the first as far as WWE viewers know ;)

Maybe he doesnt have the time to watch wrestling tapes anymore as he is on the road for so many days a year.

Guest Hosgood

OOH a standing SSP that move can only be pulled off by about 90% of Indy guys and a few backyarders. So we have 2 more generic WWE style wrestlers to watch every week. The sooner they end Tough Enough the better. From TE we've got Maven who's acomplished nothing and isn't even midcard level, Nidia who hasn't done too bad for herself and Jackie Gayda and Linda Miles who we haven't seen for months. Chris Nowinski's been the most successful even though he LOST, but that's probably because he wanted to be a wrestler so bad he went to (shock horror) a wrestling school before TE.

I'd much rather Tough Enough be like a Popstars for people who've had wrestling training (perhaps under 23.) They hold auditions and choose the best 10 indy guys or gals. Every week they brush up on their wrestling and promo skills with help from the trainers while losing one contestant at a time. This way you actually give contracts to talented wrestlers who are actually serious about the business.

Guest MillionLiraMan
While we're on the subject of how common the Shooting Star press is, I can't remember where I saw it but I have seen an internet clip of none other than Brock Lesnar doing one! If anyone else has seen that and knows where it is then posting the link would be appreciated because it looks awesome!

Guest Rudi El Fire

That'll be the clip on the front page of Simania's site at http://www.simania.co.uk/ .

It really is a thing of beauty, we're all awaiting its WWE debut in the hope it won't go the same way as Hugh Morrus' 720 splash and Paul Wight's dropkicks and top rope manouvers (hard as it is to believe now, both of these lard arses flew regularly when they started out, before getting typecast as "big men".