Room 101: What would you put in?

Chris2K

Mainly based on the TV show, and the fact I've just written a 45 Minute Essay on it (3 pages, got 22 out of 25 (A) :D), I was wondering, if you could banish anything into Room 101 what 3 things would you choose to put in?

My choices were:

-Fake People (People claiming to be something they aren't, I made a huge deal about Avril Lavigne ;))

-Text Messaging (You really don't know how annoying it is for those who study English Language and don't have a Mobile!)

-DIY TV Programmes (Changing Rooms = Good, everything else = crap)

I would have put alcohol in, but my reasons were personal rather than just normal

So what would you put in?

Guest MillionLiraMan

I would put into Room 101:

Boy Bands (and girl bands come to think of it, although I can watch them... :D )

Hogan (that's Hulk Hogan not Paul Hogan, although the fact that a third Crocodile Dundee film got made puts him up for consideration as well!)

Emlyn Hughes (I am Scottish so you might think that's more reason to hate him but that's not the reason why, even the most arbitrary among you have to admit that he is an annoying gobshite).

I would also have said anyone who owns a Gibson Firebird, but that would also be for personal rather than normal reasons due to jealousy of them owning one and me not (like the guy from Feeder who's on telly to mock me like that all the time!).

Good thread.

Edited by MillionLiraMan

Guest The Crippler

1. Bigoted Idiots

All the bigoted idiots in Northern Ireland who think that someone having a different religion to them is reason enough to hate them or to even kill them.

Now I've got that serious one out of the way, I'll let the other two be more trivial.

2. Des Lynam

Until recently I thought Lynam was a fantastic presenter. Recently (the last 18 months or so) he has begun to seriously annoy me. The fact he thinks he is some sort of sex symbol is also disturbing. He has a long way to go to overtake Dr Fox as the single most annoying person on TV or Radio but give him a couple more years and he could be there.

3. The Wrapper of Refreshers

This one bugs me as well. I haven't had Refresher sweets in aggges but there was a spell where I was really addicted to them and the wrapper never failed to annoy me. I'd start peeling the wrapper down and then suddenly it would just tear off in my hand. By the time I had the whole packet eaten there were about 20 seperate pieces of paper lying about. I much prefer the Fruit Pastilles wrapping as when you open them you can open it in a way where it fully opens in one go - much better.

Guest The Vulcanized One

Agree with crippler on the bigoted idiots section

1. Uninformed, Arrogant people

Sorry to have to go back to my controversial post on the iraq situation but people like the 12 year old Alabamans i referred to saying stufflike that without having any idea about what they're talking about and believing they're right in what they're saying when they're so obviously uninformed and clueless to the actual situation

2. Depressed teenagers a la kevin The teenager

Ok a couple of people on here have gone through that phase and some people are going throguh it right now with their 'screw the world and their conformsit views' like the world owes them something. get over yourselves. you've been on this earth for a short amount of time, as far as we know the only time you're gonna be on this Earth. The world doesn't owe you anything. You have to go out there and make your life, not sit around bitching hoping you'll get a good job. Stop being depressed, stuck in your room listening to depressing music ad contemplating whether to kill yourself by swallowing one more tablet over the amount of paracetamol you can take. get a life and get happy for christ's sake.

3. Teachers who don't like you

And therefore punish you severely for the littlest things. Take english teachers for the past two years, CDT teacher in year 8 and maths teacher in Year 7. My Year 9 english teacher (who happens to be my Head Of year now :( ) once told me she'd get me expelled if i ever fell asleep in her lesson again. It was a thursday double period, in May and we were doing Macbeth. What the hell did she expect me to do? I couldn't help it if she was boring me! She recently gave me a Saturday detention because me and another boy gripped each other by our shirts in registration when she came in. She knew the other guy already had a Saturday but she had to give me one too. So I wet tissue's her glass door and window as well as her car. Cow. i felt so good after, we had a special assembly about it and everything :D

Heres just a few i could think of!:

Alarm clocks-for obvious reasons!

Alex Ferguson,his team,and his damn expensive,far to accurate watch!

Cricket/golf-2 of the most boring sports on earth!

Cigarettes-disgusting,dirty,smelly,cancer sticks!

Miserable people-nuff said!

I"m sure theres loads more but i can"t think of any off hand!:)

Guest PeteR Richards

Sparky, I think you basically have a problem with the dumb-f*ck teenagers that worship Marilyn Manson and slit their wrists to serve their depressing image. If a person's life is genuinely shitty, what f*cking right do you have to flame them for it?

Anyway, my choices are:

School

Not because I get too much homework, or I have to get up early, but because it's the most degrading and patronising place to be. When you're in year 10, you'd expect a teacher to treat you like an adult, and to some extent they do, but when a teacher will tell a student to stop "argueing back" when they have a serious point to prove and hard facts to back their point up, that's f*cking ridiculous, cowardly (most teachers know I'm right so they feel the need to show their authority to not embarass themself) and most important of all, rude! I wonder how many teachers in England give two sh*ts about kids' education, and are not just in the business for the power and "figure of authority" position? A few I'd say. If it were up to me there'd be no f*cking school, and everyone would be intelligent and confident enough to bring their children up, the right way.

Macho-Men

Men and kids that go around trying to prove their superiority over each other, through their "hardness". What's worst is that they're influenced by their fathers. What's even worse, and a f*cking disgrace, is that chicks dig that fake, "being treated like a bitch" SH*T!

Patriotism

"English and proud". - Why? You were born in England, so f*cking what? England doesn't give a f*ck about you, the queen doesn't give a f*ck about you, and neither does the f*cking football team. Learn to be proud of yourself and your own successes, not the collective success of a nation that doesn't give a sh*t about you.

I've done something like this before, so I can't be bothered to write anymore.

Bigoted/Racist Idiots

One of the lowest most pathetic things anyone can be.

English Football Media

The way they completly ingore the other 3 home nations who have to watch/read there coverage (terms like "we" and "they" being used), the borderline racist crap that is spouted of the in papers (and by alot of fans sadly) when England play Argentina, Germany etc, the love of watching high profile signings fail (especialy if there foriegn), the continous transfer speculation that is complete crap 99% of the time, the love of dumping the blame of England defeats on one player then attempting make that palyers life (and his familys life) hell.

Who ever pulled Mountain Dew in Europe

He must die :mad

Guest The Vulcanized One
If a person's life is genuinely shitty, then I'm sorry for them but it's people who's lives are shitty and they keep going on about it, saying crap like 'Why should I try, I'm only gonna fail' etc that really pisses me off. people who are like oh you're a member of the crowd cos you have a normal haircut, you like this type of music etc. if you took your head out of your arse for one second you'd realise that there have been people like you who have had shitty lives but they dragged themselves up and out of it and made themselves a good life and they realised what an arsehole they had been earlier in life. It's hard to put into words the type of people I'm explaining but i can guarantee everyone on this forum has at least met one person like this or spoke to one person like this in their life.

Jeepers, some folk here need to take a chill pill. Erm, I guess this is similar to the old "What do you hate" topic, but with more Paul Merton. I was tempted to do a whole Beauty's Castle/TWO comparison, but decided it would be better to answer the question in hand: So, what would TWO's Funniest Member (And that's official, bay-bee) like to see banished from the world? Nothing quite as heavy as some people, that's for sure-

1. Final Exams in the education system.

There's far too much pressure on just 2 hours. I find it really difficult to sleep or indeed concentrate on anything when exams are coming. I'd much prefer to see smaller tests, carefully arranged throughout the year, which all get added together to make your final mark, and that the student has access to so that he/she knows how much work they have to do to pass the course.

2. People who can't accept other's opinions

How many times have I gotten into an arguement at TWO? Countless number of times. And a lot of the time, it's with someone who can't see things for half a second from another person's point of view. I don't mind having different opinions with someone, and if they can back up their points, then my hat goes off to them. But when you make a point, only for it to be rejected, no matter how much evidence you give, then it kinda annoys me.

3. Low Fat Mayonaise

"It's just not mayonaise!"

Guest PeteR Richards
Originally posted by The Vulcanized One

If a person's life is genuinely shitty, then I'm sorry for them but it's people who's lives are shitty and they keep going on about it, saying crap like 'Why should I try, I'm only gonna fail' etc that really pisses me off. people who are like oh you're a member of the crowd cos you have a normal haircut, you like this type of music etc. if you took your head out of your arse for one second you'd realise that there have been people like you who have had shitty lives but they dragged themselves up and out of it and made themselves a good life and they realised what an arsehole they had been earlier in life. It's hard to put into words the type of people I'm explaining but i can guarantee everyone on this forum has at least met one person like this or spoke to one person like this in their life.

Dude you couldn't have singled me out more if you tried.

'Why should I try, I'm only gonna fail' - I try my best at everything I CARE ABOUT DOING! Not things that are easy or that I can definitely do, what I WANT to do.

If you have a nearly bald head, I couldn't give a ****, just acknowledge that I have different hair, and pay no attention to it, and that's fine, but because of people who've given me shit for it, I don't see why I should make an effort to be nice.