Jump to content

Unlucky for some!


Guest Goldy

Recommended Posts

Hi all,i was just wondering if any of you were supersticious,and if so to what extent?,do you often "touch wood",or avoid ladders,or maybe just cross your fingers!.Do you have a "lucky" item of clothing,or maybe a lucky number or colour!I"m not that supersicious but i would be gutted if i broke a mirror!lol!,i do sometimes find myself"touching wood".or do you think it"s a load of nonsense!..:)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Despite being ambidextrous, I try to focus on the right....

 

I always put on my right sock, my right shoe and my right sleeve first. I normally just leave my left hand doing sod all.

 

I also, if there are double doors, try to go through the right one. Of course, once the right door was locked, and I walked into it :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm ambiwhatever..but mainly use my left hand for stuff like brushing my hair and playing snooker...I can even write a lil bit with my left hand :D

 

Anyway, I always salute to the magpie...evil things

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Nicole

I'm ambiwhatever..but mainly use my left hand for stuff like brushing my hair and playing snooker...I can even write a lil bit with my left hand :D

 

Anyway, I always salute to the magpie...evil things

 

I can play snooker/pool with both hands and one handed...but Im not showing off am I? :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest MillionLiraMan

To Nicole and TVV, I will show off by saying that I've had 8-ball run-outs both right-handed and left-handed at pool, but alas that was over four years ago. I am right-handed naturally, and in fact would put that down sadly enough as being one of my life's finest moments when (right-handed of course) I got my first eight-ball run-out (ah, the joys of high school A-Level 'study', I had to do it then because I knew I'd never have as much time to play pool again for the rest of my working days!). Nowadays you'd probably both pummel me at pool mind you.

 

Superstitions I generally go for the right a bit like Chris, I also have this nervous thing of touching my right hand over my left hand in repetitions of four (like clapping but just touching) and have kind of weird superstitious blink patterns as well. Not superstitious about ladders and stuff though but don't feel as though I can say anything which might jinx me in the future, I get really uptight about that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by MillionLiraMan

To Nicole and TVV, I will show off by saying that I've had 8-ball run-outs both right-handed and left-handed at pool, but alas that was over four years ago. I am right-handed naturally, and in fact would put that down sadly enough as being one of my life's finest moments when (right-handed of course) I got my first eight-ball run-out (ah, the joys of high school A-Level 'study', I had to do it then because I knew I'd never have as much time to play pool again for the rest of my working days!). Nowadays you'd probably both pummel me at pool mind you.

 

Superstitions I generally go for the right a bit like Chris, I also have this nervous thing of touching my right hand over my left hand in repetitions of four (like clapping but just touching) and have kind of weird superstitious blink patterns as well. Not superstitious about ladders and stuff though but don't feel as though I can say anything which might jinx me in the future, I get really uptight about that.

 

whats an 8 ball run out?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest MillionLiraMan
Originally posted by Nicole

whats an 8 ball run out?

 

It's where you pot all of your balls in one go i.e. when you come to the table you still have all seven of your balls and the black remeining and you clear the lot in one go without missing.

 

One of my friends did this once from the break where the other guy paid for the game, set the balls up and didn't get a shot. I have to quote my mate who did it:

 

"I love it when they sit down and don't get back up again".

 

Sheer determination it was more the way he said it that made me crease up with laughter, he loves saying that sort of thing right in the other guy's face!

 

Anyway question asked, hope that's cleared it up for you. :xyx

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest The Vulcanized One
Originally posted by Chris2K

Despite being ambidextrous, I try to focus on the right....

 

I always put on my right sock, my right shoe and my right sleeve first. I normally just leave my left hand doing sod all.

 

 

:lol Sorry that just really made me laugh. i'm surprised Russ didn't notcie that but his loss :lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...