Fan Clubs

John Cena/Destroyer of all things good in wrestling

Guest Ciaran The King

Guest Ciaran The King

First of all I would like to make clear that I absolutely hate John Cena with a passion.

Secondy, there has been a lot of discussions recently about the decline of WWE programming, I put this decline at the feet of one man, that being John Cena. Alright so he makes millions in merchandise and kids love him, but what on earth has Cena done to improve or elevate WWE in the past nine years. My latest niggle comes from his performance at the Royal Rumble, his entrance and elimination of the Nexus all prove what an idiot he is, and that he has no understanding of the wrestling business. His suplex on Michael McGillicutty proved my point, after nine years at the top of the mountain he still cannot deliver a simple move such as a suplex, that he dropped Mcgillicutty on his hip proved it!

From Summerslam 2010 until now, Cena has shown complete disrespect for every fan around the world, from the infamous DDT at summerslam, the chairs match at TLC and the Rumble you have to conclude that Cena doesn't even respect his peers, and even with the clout he has backstage he won't argue that maybe it would be more effective for his opponent to maybe sometimes prevail.

what top's it off, is that at WM Cena will most probaly beat the best on screen character in the Miz and stupidly celebrate with fans he think love him. What WWE is failing to understand is that Cena is bringing the business to it's knees, with his no selling, no understanding ring ethic Cena destroys what was once a fine art.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jayfunk

I also am not a fan of John Cena.

However saying that I don't think you can blame him for the decline in the wrestling business. Especially as he is the biggest (and one may argue the only) success story of the last decade.

There are many reasons for the decline of the business, Vince's hiring policy, his booking policy, PG rating, no real company as large as WWE to give it a reason to try to improve, too much TV time leading to over exposure. But John Cena isn't a massive reason.

Guest HH-Evolution

Pretty sure that, despite the hate this man gets sometimes, I think that people put far too much on Cena as far as the destruction of the industry...all he's ever done is do what he's pretty much employed to do.

You're calling him disrespecting his peers? I REAAAALLY call overreaction on this...

If anything, his main point in the match is to be the dominant force...after all, had this been some mere rookie pulling this crap, they would easily be slapped back down to development quicker than Matt Hardy scarfs a sandwich. The sheer fact that Cena has DONE things the way he has is because they allow for and encourage it...there is no WAY that his actions aren't in some way influenced by those who book his matches and sign the paychecks.

They could have nipped this in the bud YEARS ago by showing ANY form of disciplinery action or general punishment, but the sheer fact that not ONE has ever come to light about him overall kinda shows that they're fully in control of the situation itself. He's not booking the matches, and no doubt both him AND his opponents plan things out and think it's what works best...otherwise we sure as heck would have heard more grumbles from those he has fought against in the ol' dirtsheets.

I don't recall hearing his name mentioned much in relation to acting totally disrespectfully or unprofessionally unlike, say, Jericho, the hardy's, Angle and the like - all we know is what we see, but is that really enough for us to go on when it seems that most everyone backstage reportedly view him as a decent upstanding company guy and a consummate professional at what he does...regardless of how those outside view him.

My stance is the IWC puts WAAAAAY too much at Cena's feet as it is...he's no Kurt angle, but GEEEZ, he's hardly destroying the industry just for being himself.

Alright so he makes millions in merchandise and kids love him, but what on earth has Cena done to improve or elevate WWE in the past nine years.

Besides all the publicity apperances? And the making money thing?

My latest niggle comes from his performance at the Royal Rumble, his entrance and elimination of the Nexus all prove what an idiot he is, and that he has no understanding of the wrestling business.

You realise that he didnt book the match? Yeah? Thats what the bookers decided should happen, not Cena.

His suplex on Michael McGillicutty proved my point, after nine years at the top of the mountain he still cannot deliver a simple move such as a suplex, that he dropped Mcgillicutty on his hip proved it!

Doesnt prove your point at all. McGillicutty bumped wrong, had nothi tong do with Cenas execution. Seriously.

From Summerslam 2010 until now, Cena has shown complete disrespect for every fan around the world, from the infamous DDT at summerslam, the chairs match at TLC and the Rumble you have to conclude that Cena doesn't even respect his peers, and even with the clout he has backstage he won't argue that maybe it would be more effective for his opponent to maybe sometimes prevail.

So Cena follows the bookers instructions and for that hes the bad guy? LOL

Seriously, worst attempt at slating a wrestler EVER!

Guest Jamster26

I understand your frustration Ciaran, honestly. I'm not a fan at all of his, I think he is overrused (rightly or wrongly), his gimmick is one of the worst I have ever seen, and his match bookings are truly awful.

I have come to accept though, however, that he isn't going anywhere, any time soon, so I have to suck it up.

He's their biggest gold miner and they are squeezing every ounce of drop of him, onto Raw, each week.

Guest John Hancock
GS made up a fake name for a fake group of fans he invented for himself called the gold miners that only exist in his imagination. It's actually terrifying.

GS made up a fake name for a fake group of fans he invented for himself called the gold miners that only exist in his imagination. It's actually terrifying.

I'm quite sure he was joking.