Fan Clubs

Xbox 360 V PS3

Guest Jamster26

Guest Jamster26

I'm torn between them...

I have a space on my desk, for one of them but I don't know which one to get...

I've asked people, "the Xbox has better graphics", "the PS3 has free online play" etc, have been just a couple of the replies, I have received.

Just wanted to get the variated opinions from the posters on Talk Wrestling Online...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a bunch of threads about this in the forum. But in my opinion, I'd say the 360. I don't subscribe to the fanboy wars, but I'm just picking the 360 because overall it's just my kinda console and all the people I play with are on 360 too.

Or just get a PS3 because I'm wrong. Your choice! :D

XBox has better graphics? Thats a new one on me, every game I have seen on both consoles has better graphics for the PS3.

Yeah, no matter what any fan boys may say theres no real right or wrong answer. Both machines are great. A few things I would consider:

1) past machines you have owned and/or played a lot. This will give you an idea as to what controller feels better for you.

2) As Dave said, if you want to play online or swap games with mates, find out what machines they have.

3) Money. Can you afford a bigger initial layout for the PS3? Or can you afford the continual payments for the XBox (bringing the machine up to match the PS3, the Live membership).

4) Do you want a machine that can double as a Blu Ray player? That saves a bit of space.

5) Check each machines exclusive games.

6) Do you fancy Kinect or Move? If so check what each of those add ons brings to each machine.

Hope that helps you a bit.

edit: Though I prefer the PS3 myself. :lol

Guest Dave7g
Graphics usually look better on Xbox, example being Enslaved that looks like shit on PS3 when compared, and Red Dead is crisper on xbox. Most games are developed for cbox and ported over leaving them looking bad on PS3. That's Sonys fault for making it so awkward to develop on.

Now this is the point of the thread where me and Darkstar fight to see who's console is better. Harry Hill, step aside....

Seriously though, I've had time on the PS3 and it's good and all, but it wasn't my cup of tea at the time. There's only a few games that I'd actually play on there but to be honest I've seen them played for free on Youtube through the magic of video walkthroughs. The PS3 does have the blu-ray player which is an added bonus at the price of the PS3 and of course the online gaming is largely free, unless you want the perks of PSN Plus, which is set to come with online storage of saves (yeah, something innovative for console gaming that didn't go to X-Box Live.)

On the X-Box side of things, games are good, online is good (But there are still a few games that use Gamespy servers [i'm looking at you Smackdown Vs Raw]), the bonus of cross game parties is great too. Lack of Blu-Ray isn't a problem unless you really want BluRay, and yeah there is the problem of the dreaded RRoD.

Kinect and Move wise, I'm personally not bothered about these gimmicks for the simple reason being that I don't play games to dance around acting like a ninny, pretending I'm playing with a f*cking tiger.

I'm sticking with my choice of 360 because currently, as Dave said most of my friends have 360s, thus there is much more room for fun.

EDIT: OH! How could I forget? one gaming experience worth having is Halo. But not for the campaign. The multiplayer is awesome. You're not limited to the same old deathmatch, capture the flag, king of the hill nonsense in Halo (Although those are still there). There's thousands of game types and modified maps available to play to curb boredom.

I'm gonna upload some of the games I've had with Rudie, Dr. Zero, Ray and DM to Youtube, because there's some games that you'll have to see to get how fun they are.

Edited by ViciousPrism

I have my firstgen PS3 which I got off Ebay for £300 with 3 games, a bluray and remote control. It was worth about £600 at the time, so my PS3 has always been a bit of a bargain.

The XBox is much better now with the smaller controllers, but I can't play fighting games still without some serious finger cramps. I want comfort whilst playing and the Sony pad is the best for overall comfort... apart from the trigger buttons, they make it hard to hold.

I'd say if you want a pure games machine then the XBox is your baby, if you want something a little more than pure gaming then the PS3 is the schizzle!

Plus Dave has made a great point, being a sheep is great for online playing as you need to be a part of the herd to take part.

I long for a world where you can play the same game with people no matter what platform.

Graphics usually look better on Xbox, example being Enslaved that looks like shit on PS3 when compared, and Red Dead is crisper on xbox. Most games are developed for cbox and ported over leaving them looking bad on PS3. That's Sonys fault for making it so awkward to develop on.

Fallout 3 looked far better on the PS3 I found. I didnt see RDR or Enslaved on the 360 I have to admit, so I'll take your word for that.

Guest Dave7g

I have Red Dead on both, that's how good that game is. Or more accuratley, never lend games to friends.

Free online is a big bonus for PS3, I've not renewed my Xboxlive yet, and I don't think I'll bother just yet.

Guest Jamster26

Cheers guys. :)

It's 50:50 (which doesn't help) with regards to what platforms my friends have.

I've had both the PS2 and the orginal xbox and I can't say either bothered me but I probably slightly preferred the xbox but that was only because I thought they had better quality of games.

The problem now is, the PS3 look to have some very decent games of their own. God of war looks really good and for the xbox, I'm a big Halo fan.

Just seems what one console lacks, the other has! :lol

Decisions, decisions....I'll have to have a think, thanks for your inputs though.

Edited by Jamster26

Most of my friends own both a PS3 and the X-Box 360 but despite this and despite the free online gaming that the PS3 affords they all still spend I'd say 98% of their gaming time on their X-Box.

Aside from God of War III and DC Universe I can't think of a game they have played on the PS3 in the past 12 or so months and that was only because they are exclusive to the PS3. Any game that has come out on both platforms they have plumped for the X-Box.

Also I have been a Live member for two years now and it has never cost me a penny. Just get rid of games you don't want or consoles etc and use the credit to get the live rather then forking out an extra £40. Also this year, if bought direct from your X-Box it only cost £26 and you got two free arcade games as well.

I've never had a PS3 so I can't really say how good it is, but for me the X Box has never really felt like it was lacking in anything. Yes I had to fork out for a wireless adaptor and yes it is a bit cheap having to pay to join Live when Ps3 and Wii do it for free, but I have more than got my moneys worth playing online games.

Also bought a HDMI cable for a tenner and the games look amazing. The triggers on the the controller do give you cramp sometimes but I have one of the first X boxs that were released so that might have changed.

The only thing that does annoy me is the headsets, they absolutely suck. I have 2 and they're both ****, I only ever hear snippets of conversations and even then it comes out really grainy and I'm barely able to understand them. Aside from that, no problems.

Guest Jamster26
Resistance 2 is much better than killzone and has possibly the most awesome co-op exerience ever! :)

Noted. :thumbsup

Guest Jamster26

I really like good co - op modes. My friend has gears of wars and I love the things where you select which path you can go down (pressing RT or LT) and when you get in them moving train crates; that was fun for me. :)

Are there any standout co - op games?

Left 4 Dead has good online modes when you're with a group who want to play properly, it's no fun being mowed down by your own team-mates.

I think Black ops has some good co-op modes, I just don't particularly like the levels.