Open Club  ·  37 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

GWF show cancelled?

Guest Verb

credit: Luke Constable at the good ol' UKFF

"Just received a text message from Wrestle Zone UK webmaster Gary Graham who is at the show. He's informed me that the ring has not turned up and the show is cancelled. Let it be noted that I received this text at 6:25, and with any luck the show will have gone ahead as planned. I'll let you all know more as I find out. Here's hoping it went without a hitch. "

Why is it I cant help laughing at this??

update:

* The ring did NOT turn up. As of now, they will get a ring from somewhere, which they hope to arrive for 9 o' clock tonight.

* Unfortunately, most of the fans have gone home angry due to the problems with the ring.

* 4 policemen were on the door for the fan fest and swiped virtually ALL the weapons for the fans bring the weapons match.

* Comedian Ted Robins (I have no idea who he is myself ) has done a 30 minute set to keep the fans occupied for a while.

Guest Pabster

Oh my god, I can't believe this. What a disaster. Everything was going well for Jon Farrer and the ring doesn't show up and it all goes belly up. Hopefully, they'll get the ring for 9PM.

Ted Robins is Den Perry off Pheonix Nights, Verb.

Guest Pabster

Last I heard, it will go ahead but while they're waiting Ian Knoxx and the Backseat Boys are entertaining the crowd.

I wish I went now because I'll miss out on the great show and a 30 minute stand up from Ted Robins! :)

Guest ......cjr......
I heard about this from a contact i know online, the first thing i put was LOL. I found it rather amusing. Its nice to see the event is still going on, good luck with the rest of the show guys. lol

Guest Pabster
I don't find this funny though, Farrer's promotion could go down the drain after tonight. The GWF is a great idea, and I really hope the night is saved.

Guest Pabster

To get an overview of the story so far, check out the TWO Newsboard where I've posted a report. Keep on checking the Newsboard for the latest news.

Also the new UKScene column by Adam is up.

Some interesting info I recieved

Sorry about the messy sentances but Im trying to decipher this from a chatroom

We were told after waiting poutsoide in the cold for 30 mins at 6:20 that thered been "complications" with the ring and that it would be delayed an hour.

A few swear words were thrown at farrer who to be fair took them all in his stride.

A comedian from Pheonix Nights did a 30 minute show.

They were told that the show would would start at 9:00

The CZDub wrestlers mingled with the fans to keep them interested.

All fans have been offered a re-fund and free tickets to the next show