Wrestling

Sting

Guest Jung

Sting said he has not closed the door on working for the WWE. He has talked

to Vince McMahon over the last year and would entertain the idea. He said

Wrestlemania last year was almost a done deal but it wasn't done in time. He

wants to come in with a great storyline and give the fans true bang for

their buck. Sting did say he will not go on the road full time. He would do

TV once or twice a week and certainly a pay per view once a month.

Really would not be shocked if he showed up on WWE TV one day. Would be interesting, as I've heard he can still work alright, and all his matches would at least be fresh. Would certainly be interesting. Would never get them out of the duldrums, but would be different, thats for sure.

I've read he's getting closer to working with HHH at Mania because Nash may not have returned in time and WWE want to use a "big nmae" rather than one of the current Raw roster guys.

Speaking of Mania its looking less and less likely that Bill Goldberg will be there, Goldberg only wants to work Mania and a few shows after that while WWE want him full time so it will probaly be Rock vs Austin.

Rock v Austin again???? Yawn

So add that to WM 15 and 17. Its quite funny if they do headline, cause then they really will be WCW. Same main event, 3 years later, like WCW were doing. Somebody shoot Vince, cause he hasn't grasped the idea of the future at all.

The thing about Rock Vs Austin matches at previous Wrestlemanias is that they were all built up so well. WM15 had Austin on the hunt for the title from September until March, while The Rock was at his peak as a heel. WM17, again built up the feud from December, as they had problems going into the 6 Man HIAC. But Rock Vs Austin at WM19 wouldn't have any build up, because the soonest Austin can be back is at NWO, so they'd have less than a month to build up the feud, before Rock leaves again. If I was WWE, I'd forget about Sting, Luger, Goldberg and the rest of the money grabbing crew.

It would be a mistake to bring in Sting. He doesn't bring anything new to WWE, his entire character is very 5 years ago and we can all guess how awful a HHH Vs Sting match in 2003 would be.

We all know what Sting is like. One minute he's claiming that WWE is immoral, terrible, killing the business. A few weeks later and he's saying he'd love to work for the company. He can claim that he's a true Christian, but it's obvious that money dictates his life or he wouldn't be in negotiations with such an "evil" promotion, would he?

And let's not forget that Sting has no love left for the wrestling business, and he himself has admitted he'd love to become a Hollywood star. Surely he'd just be back in WWE to get publicity, take up a movie deal and leave for months. But Sting doesn't have the same appeal as the Rock, who can afford to do what he does.

Everyone used to laugh at WCW's old timers. Remember the countless "Wheel Chair Wrestling" signs? Back then, WCW's main event scene had Hogan, Flair, Steiner, Sting and Goldberg. Just think, in a month and a bit from now, they could all be under WWE contract.

As I've said so many times before, WWE needs to build up new big name stars, instead of bringing in established names. Not only would it save the money, but it would make for better TV. In my eyes, building up Booker T for 2 months to be a legit challanger to HHH's title would be far more entertaining than Sting walking down the ramp (You can forget about his old rooftop entrance in WWE) and start a rivalry.

Guest RazorRoss
I've read he's getting closer to working with HHH at Mania because Nash may not have returned in time and WWE want to use a "big name" rather than one of the current Raw roster guys.

If this is the attitude of the WWE then no wonder nobody is watching Raw......how can they make something out of the show when they don't try?? If Vince wants a "big name", why doesn't he make one out of RVD, Edge or Booker T? WWE needs to seriously start thinking in the long term........either they can carry on hiring the Steiners, Hogans, Stings and Goldbergs of the world or they can start making huge stars out of Booker, Van Dam, Edge, Mysterio and Guerrero........out of any of those names, which ones are still going to be around in five years?? By the time they realize that the talent is already in place, ready to be groomed for the big stage, all those guys will be past their sell by dates too-just as Steiner, Flair and Sting are now.

You are right RazorRoss, but the WWE needs to bring in a few old stars to help build up the new ones, personallly I can see Goldberg in the WWE very soon but I am not so sure about Sting for some reason

Vince must try to build up new stars and stop hiring old WCW ones.