Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

RAW (Taped) Discussion Thread - July 4, 2011 from Las Vegas, NV (#945)

TPIB

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/shows/raw.jpg

(RAW was taped following the live June 27 edition of RAW)

When

United States: Monday Night at 9/8c on the USA Network

United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning at 2AM on SkySportsHD3

Venue

Thomas & Mack Center at the UNLV in Las Vegas, NV

Confirmed Matches/Events

WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon To Address The Situation Regarding CM Punk

#1 Contender's Triple Threat Match for the WWE Title:

R-Truth Vs. Rey Mysterio Vs. Alberto Del Rio

Build To Money-in-the-Bank

Edited by TPIB

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FreeSpirit

Spoilers:

Credit:

lordsofpain.net

WWE Independence Day RAW

Airing This Coming Monday

Rey Mysterio vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. R-Truth is announced for tonight in a #1 contender's match for the WWE Title at Money in the Bank. Alex Riley vs. The Miz is also announced.

WWE Champion John Cena comes out and says Punk has been stripped of the match at MITB. Cena says they are going to act as if Punk never existed in WWE. Cena isn't happy with what happened but says Punk has a right to say what he wants. Cena wants answers from Vince McMahon and wants them tonight and he wants Punk at the pay-per-view.

Kelly Kelly and Eve Torres beat The Bella Twins.

R-Truth is backstage upset about having to compete in a #1 contender's match tonight. Alberto Del Rio appears and tells Truth that it's his destiny.

David Otunga and Michael McGillicutty beat Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov. Zack Ryder appeared on the stage after the match, did the "woo woo you know it" and left.

Backstage interview with The Miz upset about not being in the #1 contender's match tonight.

Jack Swagger beat Sgt. Slaughter. Swagger put the ankle lock on after the match until Evan Bourne made the save. Slaughter led us in the Pledge of Allegiance for the 4th of July.

Alberto Del Rio beat R-Truth and Rey Mysterio by making Rey submit to become the new #1 contender to the WWE Title.

Dolph Ziggler and Vickie Guerrero come out. Vickie is throwing a party for the United States Champion Ziggler since it's the birthday of the United States. Kofi Kingston comes out and fights with Ziggler. Vickie gets pushed into a cake.

Alex Riley beat The Miz with a roll up. After the match, Miz got mad and attacked Riley, beat him down and hit him with the ring steps. Miz then threw Riley into the announcer's table, kicked him in the face and left.

Vince McMahon comes out and talks about CM Punk, saying he deserved to be suspended. John Cena comes out and asks Vince if Punk got under his skin. Cena wants answers. Vince couldn't risk Punk taking the WWE Title to another company. Vince told Cena to not be like Hulk Hogan and be a man. Vince says it doesn't matter what anyone wants, CM Punk is gone.

Cena says if he can't wrestle Punk, then he's gone and hands Vince the belt. Vince stops him and says here Cena is walking out on him like everyone else has. Vince reinstates Punk but if Cena loses at Money in the Bank, he's fired!

Guest John Hancock
ERGH! I hate these stupid "lose and you're fired" gimmicks for guys like Cena, they're complete spoilers. It's something TNA does a lot to, it's like, Cena vs. Punk, in a straight match; Cena's probably winning, cool, but there's a chance for Punk, it's an interesting match. Cena vs. Punk in a loser gets fired match the day before Punk's contract ends; Cena's winning. 100%. Cena's winning. It takes a special kind of shitty booking to add a stipulation to a match that manages to make the match LESS interesting.

Guest MartynJ
like i said on a earlier thread, good shoot from cm punk but it was obiously a work a good storyline let punk win and let him go for a month to wind up the marks then return etc...

Guest John Hancock
He'll be back on T.V. before the PPV even ends. He'll leave with his little sad face on, then the camera will cut back to the ring to show Punk celebrating for four seconds, and then Cena will come back out again. John Cena, the amazing un-fire-able man.

Guest John Hancock
I don't think they'll let him take a break before Summerslam. I see Summerslam being where he loses the title, and then he comes back, as you said, and wins it back again.

This is so friggin simple that Im amazed WWE messed it up. The boat was really missed.

Have WWE fire Punk. I dont care how you do it but have him appearing on the show ripping into everything.

Then when MITB comes. You guessed it, he comes out out and steals the brief case.

The PPV is in Chicago, everyone knows hes gonna come out and cash it in. Vince knows, the fans know, the people in the main event knows. Vince pulls all his security out to stop it from happening.

The match ends, Punk´s music hits. Punk some how comes out with his own referee, his own chicago entourage taking on all the WWE security. Demands the bell is rung. Hits the GTS on whoever wins the main event, takes the title and leaves. The crowd will go absolutely crazy being in Chicago. He leaves through the crowd, huge smile on the face, then it cuts to Vince Mcmahon, Cena, and the whole WWE locker room in shock over whats happened.

NOW. When CM Punk returns he, he returns with the WWE belt he left with. Saying hes the champion. The true Champion and this sets him into a main event fued with whoever is the Champ at the time.

And now on Monday night Raw the show is in dissarey. CM Punk took the money in the bank without being in the match, and cashed it in taking the title with him. Vince is going crazy, the show is without a Champ or belt and Summerslam is around the corner.

From there you can introduce a new title belt (which if Cena wins would be great if Punk comes back with the belt made for Cena). Maybe you can have a Raw wide tournament for the new Champion leading up until SummerSlam.

Guest John Hancock
ERGH! I hate these stupid "lose and you're fired" gimmicks for guys like Cena, they're complete spoilers. It's something TNA does a lot to, it's like, Cena vs. Punk, in a straight match; Cena's probably winning, cool, but there's a chance for Punk, it's an interesting match. Cena vs. Punk in a loser gets fired match the day before Punk's contract ends; Cena's winning. 100%. Cena's winning. It takes a special kind of shitty booking to add a stipulation to a match that manages to make the match LESS interesting.

The more and more this Punk/Cena angle develops, the more and more ready I am to eat these words.

Guest The GS

Despite the fact that WWE have have all but spoiled the main event result, I'm still hoping that something like this happens:

Punk wins, Cena takes some time off and then WWE announce that they bought the WWE title off Punk for a large sum of money (as it's obvious they wouldn't allow the title appear elsewhere).

Guest StefanC

Just watched the show and I gotta say:

HD does not agree with Vince McMahon.

Man, Vince is getting old...

Guest Jamster26

Erm, I found it refreshing and all, but why didn't they atleast bleep, when Vince swore?

Hey, encore encore etc etc; just suprised me! :)

Gives me alittle hope for the future...

Guest HH-Evolution
It's taped, and there's little really to say on it...I imagine next monday will be more active. :P

Guest Alexanderdgreat

There is still hope...OK....Cm Punk wins the WWE title.....John Cena gets a well deserved vacation....wait for it................while CM punk is celebrating his victory in the ring, the winner of the Money in the bank match cashes in his title match.....And NEW WWE Champion......PPV baby!

Guest Jayfunk
Money in the bank match cashes in his title match.....And NEW WWE Champion......PPV baby!

that old chestnut, i hate MITB, its the same crap every year nearly, the gimmick has run its course

edit: sorry wait for it...... IMHO

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity