Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Never reached his potential

The Icon

If you could pick one wrestler who never reached his potential, or in some cases has not yet, who would it be and why?

Dl'o Brown during his WWE run would be my pick, here was a guy with genuine talent but due to bad luck or a lack of a push or whatever he never reached his full potential.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You better not be joking. Drosse had great potential, oh the character was crap of course but the wrestler behind it was talented and if only he had come along 1 year later he might have made something better for himself than a garbage man. He was one of my favourite guys of 95/6.

I marked out one year, 96 probably, when he got number 30 in the rumble by defeating HHH. (By DQ?)

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/wwealumni/dukedroese/bio/

Edited by The Icon

Guest Jamster26
Have to throw Christian in here, also. God knows, why he never had the right backing in order to truly flourish.

I think Christian probably has reached his potential in all honesty. He's never going to be the face of RAW or WWE so being in the mix on smackdown for the WWE title is probably equal to what he's got.

I always thought that maybe Paul London could have been something. If you compare him to a guy like Sin Cara they're both bigger than your average high flyer so bar the super heavy weights he'd be a credible opponent. I always loved his offence and thought he had that effortlessly cool/chilled persona. No idea if he was any good on the mic of course. If you look at some of the guys that tried out for the X division matches for TNA recently he's as good as any of them with the experience advantage.

Ric Rude and Ted Dibiase I think had more in them than got shown but both suffered from being in the business at the time when there were lots and lots of big names rather than I think no reching that potnetial themselves.

Guest Jimmy Redman

Yeah, Kane, when you consider the legacy as a character he's going to leave behind, has actually overachieved quite significantly.

MVP and Kennedy in WWE are my main two. Both of those guys came in with buckets and buckets of talent, sure-fire future main eventers, and neither of them got there. Sure Kennedy went to TNA and got their main event push, but its not the same thing and in any case he turned into...Anderson and he's no longer that same guy. MVP is my biggest shame because the guy was amazing and his career just got derailed in the end for the most insignificant of reasons.

Guest Jimmy Redman
Oh yeah I never said it wasnt Kennedy's fault, it was for the most part, along with his horrific timing with injuries. But the point was, for whatever reason, he never got to where we thought he would.

Guest Jamster26
I agree. WWE seem to have a habit, of turning people face, when they're working so well as a heel. As for Kennedy, well I'm glad he came to TNA.

Guest Jimmy Redman

Kofi is more of a "not yet" kind of guy. I feel silly listing young guys who are currently in WWE as not having fulfilled their potential yet because...well der. Obviously they havent yet.

But I agree the trigger needs to be pulled on that guy pronto. And they really missed a chance at the end of 2009.

Guest John Hancock
MVP, sure, but Kennedy I don't agree with. WWE certainly didn't let him love up to his potential, but TNA did, and turns out he doesn't have any, because his entire main event run in TNA has been absolutely unbearable.

Guest Jamster26

Mr Anderson went down hill when, for some blar-zey reason, TNA decided to turn him face, which Anderson should never be. His work with Kurt Angle was epic.

I'm sure Omega will back me up here, he's been better, since he has come back towards a heel character, however for me, he still isn't at the level, on his first heel run.

I blame the booking! :)

I think Kennedy/Anderson is exactly where he should be. I don't think he's currently under achieving. He'd never have been as good as a champ as he was as he was getting his push in WWE so TNA where he's a bigger fish and can actually throw a bit of weight behind doing things his own way is probably best for him.

He was truly awful as a face in TNA which pretty much killed him but he's been more bearable as a proper heel which kind of makes you think

why on earth have they made him join Immortal only to lose the belt? Why give him the perfect heel push to lose out to Sting?

I wonder if sometimes that Kurt Angle isn't achieving all he could simply because he could have been still the top face in the WWE. Sure people will say he's happier at TNA and less work load etc etc but if achieving stuff is being the biggest and best whilst he's still capable of it then being Kurt and not being in WWE is a step down.

Edited by Omega

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity