Fan Clubs (beta)

What is your favorite wrestling video game of all time?

Guest Nevermind27

Guest Nevermind27
Is any one else excited for the new wwe12 video game I know I am but in the mean time till its released whats your favorite wrestling game of all time my favorite is a tie between wwf raw on sega genesis and wwf no mercy on n64

Guest The Beltster
WWF Superstars in the arcade in around 1989, I spent more money on that game in 10p's overall than any other game ever made I expect. The recent WWE All Stars in my favourite home console wrestling game.

Guest Dave7g
VPW2 was a bit better than No Mercy, it was the same thing really but had some extras like a cool striking system. It also had Misawa and Kawada.

WCW/NWO Revenge was my first proper home console wrestling game and I loved it, not polished by any means but definitely awesome. I'd say it's a tie between Wrestlemania 2000 and No Mercy for my all time favourite though, if you could have the best features of both games in one then it would be perfect. And it's just stupid things like The Corporate Ministry theme being on WM2000 but not NM.

No Mercy definitely. You could create a perfect Raven character with the outfit, moves and taunts.

Although THQ made a major mess up in that the first versions shipped would randomly erase your created wrestlers, game saves and career modes. They then fixed this, but this time there was no blood when you bust someone open....

Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 on the n64 was the absolute bomb. Seriously, it was the career mode of Wrestlemania 2000 with some No Mercy-ish aspects in the controls and double teams but with the complete AJPW, NJPW, Michinoku Pro, Battlearts, Pancrase and FMW roster.

Plus if you wanted you had two finishers, so when your sprit flashed and you flicked the stick you went into Special mode and then if you flicked it again you went into hyper finisher mode which allowed you to hit a big match finisher.

So as Kobashi, you would sling a lariat into their face, but if that didn't work and you flicked the stick again you would do either the Orange Crush (from the front) or the Burning Hammer (from behind). Same with Hayabusa, if the 450 Splash did not work then you could amp up and hit the Phoenix Splash instead.

I would suggest anyone who loved No Mercy or WrestleMania 2000 go find the ROM on the net.

I was unfortunate enough to buy that glitched version. It cost £80 or something extortionate like that.
I had that as well, which confused the f*ck out of me the first time it happened. I got around the resetting by buying a memory card and keeping my CAWs on there.

Could you keep the Smackdown Mall and Career mode data on there as well because that was wiped all the time as well. It was that annoying that I went to EB (now Game) got my refund and refused to play the game until the unglitched version surfaced, which if I recall was about six months later.

THQ came out with so many ideas and excuses, the main being that if you used a memory card that contained WrestleMania 2000 data then it caused the issue - tonnes of people then wiped their memory card of their hard earned and beautifully put together CAW's and data only to find out that it did bugger all and THQ had lied out their rears.

Guest Dave7g

Here's some obscure Japanese wrestling games that you may have never heard of, you'll notice how much better they look to any of the US made games, even the newest WWE ones.

This one's called The Wild Rings for the original Xbox

[video=youtube;CjpW2GUL7mw]

[video=youtube;c1nYn2NlEK0]

King of Colosseum 2 for PS2

[video=youtube;-X2baddNTZ0]

Giant Gram 2000 for Dreamcast

[video=youtube;kJ5C5tM9XlA]

Nothing looks better than this, not even close - All Star Pro Wrestling 3 for the PS2

[video=youtube;ZkxsmfVwbxk]

[video=youtube;DJUcSvW0-cY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJUcSvW0-cY&feature=related

Wrestle Kingdom 2 for PS2

[video=youtube;xiO8QTIOTSg]

To think that these are last gen games is quite scary. It's a crying shame that wrestling is dead in Japan, I'd love to see what they would do today.