Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

WWE SummerSlam 2011 Discussion Thread - August 14, 2011 from Los Angeles, CA

TPIB

The 24th annual SummerSlam will come to you, live on pay-per-view on August 14 from the Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA.

The official theme song for SummerSlam 2011 is "Bright Lights Bigger City" by Cee Lo Green, off of his newest album, "The Lady Killer", which is available now.

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/posters/wwe-summerslam-2011-poster.jpg

WWE SummerSlam 2011:

Quiz & Chat | Discussion | Memorable Moments | Betting | Competition | Predictions

Confirmed Matches/Events

Undisputed WWE Championship: Special Referee- Triple H:

CM Punk © Vs. John Cena ©

World Heavyweight Championship: No Holds Barred:

Christian © Vs. Randy Orton

Sheamus Vs. Mark Henry

Daniel Bryan Vs. Wade Barrett

Divas Championship:

Kelly Kelly © Vs. Beth Phoenix

Cee Lo Green To Perform

Edited by TPIB

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am wondering where the Raw show is going at SS and no ideas come to mind, to you continue/end the ongoing fueds? Also assuming they go through with the storyline from raw Rey or Miz will be the champion.

Now if they pick Rey as a champion who does he fight. I would guess not ADR as he has his anytime titleshot. Maybe Rey vs Truth for the belt. If they pick Miz as champ do they go with Miz v Cena for the 99th time, I hope not.

Speaking of Cena if he is not in a title match what is he doing on the show?

Edited by The Icon

Rey is gonna win the new title next Monday. Albert Del Rio will cash in and take the belt from Rey then him and Cena will feud going into Summer-Fest.

I'm calling it now.

Might be the way they go all right. I Can't see Miz wining the title.

Guest Jayfunk
I can see what will happen now, who ever wins the title will face punk when he comes back claiming to be the real champion have a ladder match etc

Guest go2sleep
No Punk if he is coming back will be at least 6 to 8 weeks and he will not be fighting at SS.

How do u know it will be 6-8 weeks before he comes back and how do u know he wont have a match at summer slam?

Guest go2sleep
How do u know it will be 6-8 weeks before he comes back and how do u know he wont have a match at summer slam?

I don't know but It is just what I suspect they are doing.

I see I see. I honestly feel he will be back sooner then that. By summer slam at the very very latest.

I'm actually hoping Punk stays gone for a few months. Like I've said a few times now, it wouldn't surprise me if he's got this break written into his new contract. The guy deserves a break, and the longer he stays away showing up on other shows and at promotional events, the more anticipated he'll be when they finally get him back into a ring.

Guest go2sleep
I'm actually hoping Punk stays gone for a few months. Like I've said a few times now' date=' it wouldn't surprise me if he's got this break written into his new contract. The guy deserves a break, and the longer he stays away showing up on other shows and at promotional events, the more anticipated he'll be when they finally get him back into a ring.[/quote']

Yeah that's true it would be very hyped up for him to return. Hes a really good wrestler though and very entertaining to watch that's why I want him back soon. Bit yeah I was thinking the same thing that this whole break thing was written into a new contract

Guest Keegan
I do see Punk bringing the belt back and claiming to be the real champion, like Shawn and Razor did in 1994. I'd like to see him be gone until Survivor Series, but I think he'll be back sooner.

Guest go2sleep
Yeah who knows when for sure his coming back im pretty sure he will. Its kinda annoying there gonna crown a "new champion" to me it makes the new championship kind of worthless you know?

Guest Jimmy Redman
The inherent problem with Punk is that he wants/wanted to take some time off after MITB, but he's never been hotter as he was after MITB and the longer he's off TV the cooler he and the angle is going to get.

Guest go2sleep
The inherent problem with Punk is that he wants/wanted to take some time off after MITB' date=' but he's never been hotter as he was after MITB and the longer he's off TV the cooler he and the angle is going to get.[/quote']

That's true . They should have him back asap. I just hope they don't try and turn him into the baby face of the company he plays a heel soooo much better.

Guest Jimmy Redman
It wont be the company's fault if he is the babyface though. He was the heel in the beginning but when you get to say all the cool stuff and be the smarks hero, you're going to get cheered to a certain extent no matter what they do, because smart fans will only respond to Punk heeling it up in such a cool manner by cheering him even more.

The inherent problem with Punk is that he wants/wanted to take some time off after MITB, but he's never been hotter as he was after MITB and the longer he's off TV the cooler he and the angle is going to get.

Which is exactly why I said above you don't keep him off TV, or at least not out of public eye. You do things like the comic con which will get on youtube and keep him hot. You do chat shows, you do indy shows and show the footage on WWE.com or on the TV show.

Guest Jimmy Redman
And to move onto the next problem, you have to keep Punk on WWE TV (the internet isnt enough, he needs to be seen or mentioned on TV) without making it appear too much as though WWE is promoting him when in kayfabe they should be ignoring him.

Cena can mention him, as he did on last weeks show. You can maybe work around showing footage in such a way as look what that ingrate is doing with our belt/to our company name. That way you can promote him without seeming to support him.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity