Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Favourite Finishing Moves

Guest TwistOfFaith

Guest TwistOfFaith

So guys, what's everyone's favourite finishing moves? I was talking about this with friends a few days ago, but none of them had any favourites away from current WWE Superstars, so I thought I'd ask the poeople who would have a more varied opinion than the FU or RKO =D

Mine would be either the Sharp Shooter or Starship Pain.

Xx

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jimmy Redman

At the moment probably Gabes' 450. Its still just the prettiest thing.

I also like Kofi's revolving arsenal of finishers - Trouble in Paradise, SOS, CROSSBODY - but thats also taking into account the way he uses them in matches.

Guest Jimmy Redman
Not so much a fan of his crossbody, I mean it is ok but does not seem like a finisher. The rest I like though.

I LOVE the CROSSBODY. Just love it. I love the way he hits it with so much airtime, I love the way guys like Dolph bump for it so it looks like the greatest crossbody of all time, and I love the way he introduced it at the end of last year and got it over as a believable finisher in weeks, culminating in him using it to win the IC Title. I love simple stuff like that.

Guest TwistOfFaith
So your favourite isn't twist of faith/fate?

I like both Evan's and Gabriel's top rope splash finishers, and I also have a soft spot for the Cobra regardless of its stupidity.

I actually hate the Twist of Fate, it just seems a little clumsy to me. =/

I do actually kinda like Jericho's Lionsault, it's beautiful to watch =)

Please say that was a joke?

Finishing moves wise... I still have soft spots for 'The Hart Attack', 'Sharpshooter' and 'Perfect Plex'.

Special mention to the Savage Elbow Drop and Lex Luger Torture Rack

Why would you think even for a second it wasn't a joke?

Guest Maximinn
I like the RKO. It's versatile in that he can hit it out of nowhere or he can build up to it and get everyone excited. It can be used in almost any situation or location. It's fairly simple so he can use it on people who aren't wrestlers. And it's booked as something that really finishes someone as opposed to, for example, the 619 where someone can get hit with 3 or 4 of them and still kick out.

Guest TwistOfFaith
I like the RKO. It's versatile in that he can hit it out of nowhere or he can build up to it and get everyone excited. It can be used in almost any situation or location. It's fairly simple so he can use it on people who aren't wrestlers. And it's booked as something that really finishes someone as opposed to, for example, the 619 where someone can get hit with 3 or 4 of them and still kick out.

I like the RKO as well, I only mentioned it in my first post because it was pretty much the only answer I got from my friends when we talked about it, apart from the FU =/

The 619 is more a showpiece than a finishing move in my opinion, not really effective as a move, but pretty to watch =)

Guest ScottyB
I like the RKO. It's versatile in that he can hit it out of nowhere or he can build up to it and get everyone

excited. It can be used in almost any situation or location. It's fairly simple so he can use it on people who aren't wrestlers.

Pretty much this.

I'd say the 619 was my least favourite, it always seems too forced in its set up :/

So guys, what's everyone's favourite finishing moves? I was talking about this with friends a few days ago, but none of them had any favourites away from current WWE Superstars, so I thought I'd ask the poeople who would have a more varied opinion than the FU or RKO =D

Mine would be either the Sharp Shooter or Starship Pain.

Xx

I'm digging the irony in you slating your friends for sticking to WWE/TNA finishers, while choosing two WWE finishers yourself. :lol
Not so much a fan of his crossbody, I mean it is ok but does not seem like a finisher. The rest I like though.

Actually wasn't the Rocks first finisher a crossbody, yeah I believe it was. At least in his first couple of matches.

The Rock's first finish was a shoulderbreaker (he used it to pin two guys during his Survivor Series debut).

My favourite finishers are the Tazmission, the Diamond Cutter (because of how exciting it was and how it would be hit from a multitude of positions and/or completely out of nowhere) the Powerplex, which was one of the best double-teams around.

Guest Will O the Wisp
Legless drop?

Only when Zach Gowen does it.

I like Wasteland, the GTS, Running Head Punt, the Uso's finisher, (not sure how to spell it, Alley-Us?) and the ADR arm bar currently.

In the past: Diamond Cutter, F5, Litacanrana, Razor's Edge, Widow's Peak, Superfly Splash, the Pounce, Spear/Jackhammer, and Swanton Bomb. I am sure I am missing tons of them, but those are just off of the top of my head.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity