Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

WWE Night of Champions Discussion Thread - September 18, 2011 from Buffalo, NY

TPIB

The 5th annual WWE Night of Champions will come to you, live on pay-per-view, on September 18 from the HSBC Arena in Buffalo, NY where every championship in the WWE will be defended.

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/posters/wwe-night-of-champions-2011.jpg

Confirmed Matches/Events

No DQ*:

Triple H vs. CM Punk

WWE Championship:

Alberto Del Rio © vs. John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship:

Randy Orton © vs. Mark Henry

Intercontinental Championship:

Cody Rhodes © vs. Ted DiBiase

United States Championship: Fatal 4-Way:

Dolph Ziggler © vs. Jack Swagger vs. Alex Riley vs. John Morrison

WWE Tag Team Championship:

Air Boom © vs. The Miz & R-Truth

Divas Championship:

Kelly Kelly © vs. Beth Phoenix

*If Triple H loses, he will resign as the Chief Operating Officer of the WWE.

Edited by Kam

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jimmy Redman

I'm mainly up for the women's match and MARK HENRY.

Its a shame Cena/Alberto has taken such a backseat to Hunter/Punk and been so lame, because ever since, like, January I've been looking forward to them working together. Now, not so much. Still I hope its good.

From Wrestling 101:

Well hey you!! Firstly and foremost I just wanna say a quick thanks to you, the lovely, lovely person who’s taken time out of their hectic schedule to read this article, and those of you who read my Summerslam preview. Thanks to good folks like yourselves, Kam’s given me the opportunity to do more of these little articles. Which is pretty darned sweet, so thanks.

Right, let’s get on and see what’s going down tonight shall we?

> WWE Night of Champions 2011 Preview

Guest Jimmy Redman

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

MARK HENRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

MARK HENRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I know, right ? :P

Guest Jimmy Redman

Yes.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Dont even want to know about the rest of the card right now. MARK HENRY IS THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION.

ARGH.

Guest Dante Spears
I give up with RAW, I'm going back to Smackdown. Alberto Del Rio was the only thing that I cared about on RAW and they just absolutely murdered him

Hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaha.

I'm loving this.

Mark Henry Champion.

John Cena Champion.

Great match for HHH and CM Punk.

R-Truth and Miz were great.

Cole losing his voice was epic!!

PPV of the year.

Yeah baby.

WOOHOO!!!!

John Morrison jobbing day-in day-out, GOD, I hope he is not in line for being future endeavored. The Melina factor will be his bane which is a shame.

So Johnny Ace played his trump right as we predicted. WWE is trying to put over Hunter's clear image big time.

Guest Jimmy Redman

OK, this post isnt about Mark Henry, I promise.

It is about women though. Just caught Beth vs Kelly on the rebound, and it freaking RULED.

Seriously, this was so great. I'm growing to really enjoy Kelly in this role, as the stoic, stubborn, Cena-ish babyface whom everybody is sh*tting on but she perseveres, doesnt change a thing about her act, and just keeps winning and proving everybody wrong. Beth getting such a pop was awesome and just like the last time they were in Buffalo, she seemed genuinely touched by the reaction. In general, the crowd being this into a women's match made everything that much better. Simple things like reacting to moves and nearfalls and caring who wins, it makes a world of difference.

So Kelly knows she's facing a monster in her hometown riding a wave, so from the opening bell Kelly just throws EVERYTHING at Beth. She's frantic and uses her pace and her high-flying offense to try and catch Beth with any number of wacky rollups before Beth has a chance to maul her. She's not trying to hurt Beth, she knows the only way she can beat such a monster is by rolling her up for a three count. But eventually Beth takes over using Cena Catching A Crossbody Strength and starts beating on her. Kelly fights for a rollup, Beth Lariats the HELL out of her. Beth's power game is too much, the crowd is too much, and eventually Beth throws Kelly onto the top turnbuckle and hits the big SUPERPLEX, which is one of the best girlies highspots in forever. The way they hit this, both girls DIED, and they immediately caught Nattie going "F*CK YEAH SHE'S DEAD!" and Eve going "Holy sh*t, she's dead.." was INCREDIBLE work from both the girls and the camera crew. Beth, at this point, stops for a long time to savour her hometown crowd, and in the end perhaps this was her undoing since Kelly manages to pull off one final rollup and squeaks out the three count. The crowd freaking HATES this, Beth is crushed, and for a second even Kelly cant believe she slayed the beast for the second time, but by the time she finds her belt and holds it up she's saying "See? Hate all you want. I told you so."

Today Kelly Kelly absolutely WAS John Cena, and I mean that in the best possible way. Wonderful telling of this story, and wonderful work, so much so that I, who wanted Beth to win just as badly as the rest of you going in, am perfectly happy with Kelly retaining as we go forward. This was just done so well.

Plus, oh my dear Lord, Natalya Neidhart. I'm not sure if I can handle any more of these DRESSES.

Edited by Jimmy Redman

I don't think anyone cares about anything anymore. For a guy that's been built up so strongly, winning the Royal Rumble and Money in the Bank to have a month long reign is pathetic. John Cena winning the belt helps nobody, it puts people off. He's shit, his act is shit, and I don't care how many T-shirts he sells. Oh and his dropkick is SHITE! The show was bad, really bad. That main event...jesus in heaven. It's the kind of show that if TNA did it people would be hanging themselves for a chance to LOL TNA or LOL RUSSO at, but since it's WWE it's absolutley fine.

I don't think I've ever had less interest in seeing what happens next after that. Looks like Vince shit himself when he saw the ratings for last week and put the belt back on Cena.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity