Open Club  ·  37 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Edge Suffers Serious Injury

Guest Tajiri

From 1Wrestling

To follow up on a story from earlier today, the results came back from the tests that Edge had to determine the extent of his neck injury and the news is not good. The results have showed that Edge will need to have neck surgery with Dr. Lloyd Youngblood to heal his injury. I believe that it will be the less serious of the two possible procedures, with Edge needing the one where Youngblood operates from the front of the neck, but I am not completely sure of that. There is no word at this time as to whether he will work in his six man match with Chris Benoit and Brock Lesnar against Team Angle at the No Way Out PPV on Sunday.

If Edge can't go, one candidate that I would like to see take his place would be Rhyno. A few weeks ago, Rhyno was slated to join HHH's Evolution group, but WWE changed directions when they liked how Evolution was getting over as it was currently constituted. It is well known throughout the Smackdown locker room that lead Smackdown writer Paul Heyman has been pushing hard for Rhyno to be a part of his show upon his return. For those unaware, it was Heyman who gave Rhyno his big break in ECW and pushed to the top of the card as a monster. I have heard from a few people that Edge was even telling people he liked the idea, and hoped Heyman could get it pushed through if the situation called for it.

Rhyno would be a great replacement to Edge in my opinion, as if Edge is going to be out for an extended period of time SD are going to need another top face. Is there any word on how much time Edge will miss if he gets the surgery?

Depends wot problems he has, if its the same as Lita, Rhyno, Austin and Benoit, then likely the next time we'd see Edge wrestle in WWE would be WrestleMania 20. Who knows.

Guest Craig Van Dam
I am so gutted to find this out this is terrible news for Edge and of all Edges fans like myself out there I really realy hope this isnt a Benoit Austin or RhYno like neck injury

Guest Jerichoholic
Surely they won't put Rhyno on Smackdown? Nathan Jones, Kanyon and O'Haire have already gone to SD, surely Raw needs new people too. If they are gonna put all the returning people on SD then its no wonder Raw is struggling.

I don't think Kanyon is officialy on Smackdown, and it seems if Rhyno is on Smackdown, Kanyon is definately more likely to head over to Raw. I really hope Rhyno does go onto Smackdown and get a big push, there could be some fantastic feuds against wrestlers like Benoit, Angle, Guerrero, and Brock Lesnar. On Raw Rhyno would easily get lost in the mix, and would probably end up jobbing to Triple H within a matter of weeks.

If Kanyon does go onto Raw, you gotta feel sorry for him. First he returns only to get crushed by the Undertaker, and then gets put on The HHH show. Its a shame Undertaker, Rikishi, Mark Henry, Bill DeMott etc. can't all be traded over to Raw so Smackdown can have all the good wrestling. True, Raw would be beyond horrible, but imagine how awesome SD would be. :D

Edited by Peter

At the moment Kanyon is more likely to get released, than go to Smackdown. Also did anyone ever think, maybe they might not replace Edge with anyone, and either have his action be small, or make it a handicap match???

Guest fujiwara

That's very bad news for Edge!

If he cannot compete in the main event then chances are that it would be handicap. However if Rhyno did replace Edge it would be great. I had a suspicion that this would be a great year for Edge and now the WWE may have to change plans.

Also there goers my WM dream match for this year:

Benoit & Edge v Los Gurreros v Team Angle.

Guest Craig Van Dam
I was also hoping for Team Angle Vs Edge/Benoit Vs Los Guererros at Wrestlemania too :cry with Edge out how is Benoit gonna fit into Wrestlemania?

Guest LanceStorm4Life

It's a damn shame that Edge has become injured, he's been a quality worker in the WWE ever since he got his push around September 2001. He brought a bit of respect back to the IC Title after the Invasion, and if he has to be out for a year, SmackDown will miss him loads.

However, if Rhyno does take his place, it should be an awesome SmackDown main event at No Way Out.

Guest kid banzai
This is a real shame for Edge - he was poised to become a proper Main Eventer (eventually) and now this happens. I'm not so sure that Rhyno would work well as a face ... he's better as a monster heel, but we'll see what happens.