Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Who's received the biggest pop?

Guest 3BigDen

Guest 3BigDen
Im guilty of feeling goosebumps everytime time I hear c.m. punks entrance into the arena. I've felt It live and on the couch, since punks day one. I ve witnessed numerous feelings of emotion, electricity, intensity, etc. From alot of wrestlers but who do you believe receive the biggest pop?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Canned Heat

From 1997 to 2001, Austin's Pop's were un-paraleled. Everyone was just going nuts. In 2000 The Rock started getting some just ridiculous pops.

When Cena returned at the Rumble, his pop was just mind blowing.

When Hulk "Hulked Up" at W18 v The Rock, the crowd went absolutely bonkers.

When Triple H returned after the knee injury, crowd went nucking futs.

When Austin came back as "The old Stone Cold" the crowd just LOST IT.

Of course, I am biased, but I believe the best pops came in the Attitude Era.

And I'm not gonna sit here and talk about Warrior and Hogan's pops, because I don't like to watch their matches.

Edited by Canned Heat

Guest John Hancock

I remember a couple of Goldberg's pop's being particularly insane too when he was the absolute king of WCW;

[video=youtube;yOYtqN3ubh0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOYtqN3ubh0

Of the modern era, which is clutching at straws when it comes to audiences caring, it's between Punk winning the title in Chicago and Cena coming back at the Rumble for me.

[video=youtube;zOPH5EVYhdo]

[video=youtube;fdlyQ_qmG8g]

Edited by John Hancock

Guest The Beltster
Hogan and Austin, take your pick of any of 1000's of pops they've had between them. Nobody else compares.

Guest Rikidozan
I'll never forget some of the pops at the end of Mitsuharu Misawa, Kenta Kobashi and Toshiaki Kawada classics in early-mid 90s All Japan Pro Wrestling. People used to cry in the crowds when those unrivalled matches were done they were that epic. The near-falls got the greatest pops too. Just astonishing viewing. It was also harder in Japanese wrestling due to the fact the wrestlers didn't/couldn't use any gimmicks; all they had was the match.

Guest Fatherof10minis
Pretty much all the pops i would have chosen have been put out there already but one i will always remember is the one where they were in canada and HBK was dogging bret hart and then the hitmans music hit and it was sooooo loud. Then the loudest boos i may have ever heard immediately following the HBK laughter.

Guest michaelmyers
Triple h knee injury return was great, but I would put it second. Number one has to be cm punk win over cena in Chicago.

Guest John Hancock
CM Punk might be the loudest of the last five years, possible even ten years (I wouldn't agree to that though, there's plenty in the 2000's that were louder, with Benoit winning the title being the first to come to mind) but EVER!? Absolutely no way.

Guest Eddie
I agree Austin and Hogan will have had consistently the best pops! Whenever Austin was making a save or coming out to respond to someone the roof was almost blown off!

Guest Eddie
sorry about double posting the laptop went shitty, the Warrior and the rock had bigish pops too Edited by Eddie

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity