Venue:

The IMPACT WRESTLING Zone

TV Schedule:

USA: Sunday 8th July on PPV at 8e/5p - LIVE

UK: Wednesday 11th July on Challenge at 10pm

Official TNA Destination X 2012 PPV Website HERE

TNA Presents "Destination X" LIVE on PPV

8th July 2012

On Sunday 8th July, TNA and Direct Auto Insurance present "Destination X" LIVE on Pay-Per-View and online around the world at TNAOnDemand.com from Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida.

The thee-hour event will feature your favourite superstars, including the high-flying daredevils of TNA's X Division, TNA World Heavyweight Champion Bobby Roode, RVD, "The Charismatic Enigma" Jeff Hardy, Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle, "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles, "Cowboy" James Storm, the lovely Knockouts, and many more.

It will be the 8th event under the "Destination X" chronology and the seventh event of the 2012 TNA PPV schedule. The promotional poster features the current X Division Champion Austin Aries, and the tagline for the event is "I Am The Main Event".

Tune into "IMPACT WRESTLING" every Thursday night LIVE at 8/7c, on SpikeTV for news on the "Destination X" Pay-Per-View event!

[video=youtube_share;tf357EXT0xY]

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they did what they did last year and really push the X division hard for the build to this. Last year the month leading to DX was easily the best period in the russo era of TNA. Yes, it tended towards being a bit of a smark-fest, work-rate based set of shows but honestly with the production behind it I thought that made it different than a typical indie show or WWE as well.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jayfunk
WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Austin Aries vs. Bobby Roode

ULTIMATE X MATCH

To Crown A New X Division Champion

LAST MAN STANDING

AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels

BOUND FOR GLORY SERIES

Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle

really good card so far

Guest The Beltster
Words can't describe how uninterested I would be to watch aj v Daniels in that match.
Why's that? The angle is the shits but that wont have any bearing on match quality. AJ vs Daniels has the potential to be very good.

Seen it. Maybe not with that gimmick but it will be the same as every other match they've been in and they've been in too many already. I don't doubt that on a purely "work rate" value that it will be a good match, both guys are clearly talented enough. I just don't see what other story they can possibly tell in the ring that they haven't done already. The concept of AJ V Daniels bores me now.

Guest The Beltster
Eh, if a couple guys can put on a good match that could possibly blot out and make you forget how shitty their angle is, I can deal with it. As long as they dont put DVon vs Robbie E on there for the millionth time, its all good.

My take on it, and it's not one I ezxpect anyone else to share, is that even if a match is 5 star quality if I've seen all the spots and story-telling in lots of other matches then it's boring to me, a repeat. I very rarely find the rubbermatches in the best of 3 series all that interesting other than finding out who wins. Part of my issue with WWE is that most of the matches tend to be really repetitious week to week so it's easier to read spoilers.

Guest Jimmy Redman
Yeah, 'they've had a few matches' is one thing, but AJ and Daniels have had about 33,000 matches together. I cant think of a single combination in wrestling I need to see one more time less than these two.

Guest The Beltster
I can only remember 2 matches they've had in recent memory and a bunch they had years ago so its not a big deal to me as long as the match is good. Some guys I'm happy to watch regardless. The best of 7 series between MCMG and Beer Money didnt get old and they were wrestling over and over again for weeks. And I can possibly think of 10 thousand combinations I'd like to see less than those two.

Guest Jimmy Redman

Maybe I've been left with a bad taste in my mouth since the last major match I remember them having was that God awful I Quit Match.

I agree with you on principle that if the match is good in the end it doesnt matter. I go through a lot of that since WWE insist on running the 100th Sheamus/Dolph or Dolph/Kofi match and I still enjoy them all. I'm just saying, AJ/Daniels is a bridge too far and I personally never need to see them wrestle ever again.

Guest The Beltster
There's only one match in TNA thats happened about 50 times in the last few months that I never want to see again and thats D-Von vs Robbie E, but TNA's promise that the TV champion will defend on every Impact from now on seems to have been forgotten the last 2 weeks so no D-Von. Ideal.

Guest Jamster26
Yeah, AJ / Daniels should be a very good match. Card looks good aswell; should be a very good PPV.

Guest The Beltster
Really looking forward to this show tonight but I feel kinda bad for TNA. They average like 8000 measly buys, they managed to bump that up to 15,000 for their last PPV which was a really good show and had great booking heading into it. This one comes the day after every PPV buyer on the planet ordered UFC so they will probably get about 12 buys for what will possibly be a hot show :lol

I'll be watching this at some point. I've found TNA a lot more tolerable since I've been able to record it and watch it at my leisure. Or maybe that's just coincided with an upswing in the booking and stuff, I dunno? Either way I'll be checking this out.

Guest Jimmy Redman

I'm here!

The Jesse interview was really cool. Loved the two meeting in the ramp too.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity