Wrestling

Ziggler ready or not yet?

Guest 3BigDen

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's ready now thehn he's not the future... just sayin'

Anyway, really hes probably not there quite yet. Probably needs to establish his own persona in a way guys like Punk and Bryan have despite them not quite fitting the really huge muscle guy look Vince likes to have on TV.

Guest Fatherof10minis
Hes close but they are grooming guys like cody and barrett up until his injury to fill in as the next guy. Dolph is close but not the guy

Guest Maximinn
He definitely needs built up a bit before he could credibly be world champ (assuming thats what we're talking about by "ready"). At the moment I don't think he comes across as a real threat to any of the current main eventers. And he needs to get rid of Vicki. She was great for him in the beginning but now she's holding him back.

Guest oobydooby
Breaking away from Vicky would be/is the first step. Recently there has been dissension in the ranks with his pin of the 'American American' (his own team mate) in a four way championship challenger. This could develop into a break-up and a war between the two of them, setting Ziggler up for a winning keyfabe (What does that mean?) run.

keyfabe doesn't mean anything. Kayfabe means the act of pretending that what goes on is real. So Heels and Faces act like they hate each other despite probably all being friends backstage. So anything that happens on a wrestling show is pretty much "in kayfabe".

Guest Eddie
Of the very little i've seen of the recent wwe product the main thing ive enjoyed is Dolph Ziggler, given i havent seen much maybe i'm wrong, but i agree that with what ive read if he has had numerous losses to Main Eventers he needs to be built up, have a couple of worthwhile feuds and develop his character!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Horowitz
I'd like to see a slow face turn and build to his moment. I'm not filled with confidence that WWE can pull it off though...

Guest BigD747
Dolph Ziggler would stand a better chance of being a serious main eventer if he were to ditch his name, which was obviously conceived of as a joke (remember those introductory backstage segments when he would introduce himself as "Hi, I'm Dolph Ziggler" to looks of incredulity from others?), and change to his own, real name, like Nick "The Show-off" Nemeth, or something along those lines. That name does not at all come across as serious, legitimate, threatening or cool at any time, let alone as World or WWE Champion, the part figurehead of the entire company. CM Punk sounds cool and edgy; "Stone Cold" Steve Austin sounds bad-ass, somebody not to be trusted, plus it rolls smoothly off the tongue; Hulk Hogan sounds jacked and heroic. Dolph Ziggler?? Sounds like a child's entertainer. Assistant. Edited by BigD747

Guest Jamster26

Dolph is definitely making all of the right noises. I'm tired of him getting brogue kicked every week though...

Future world champion for sure, if things go the way they should.

I don't even think of Dolph Ziggler as being a silly name anymore. When he first came in I HATED that name, like, thought it was the stupidest name ever conceived (this was pre Michael Migillicutty don't forget).

Now, it just rolls off the tongue. Much in the same way as Daniel Bryan instead of Bryan Danielson. It funny how you just adjust to these things.

Guest Ciaran The King
Personally I've got a funny feeling he may be the first person not to be successful when cashing in

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity