Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Can TNA Keep It Going?

Guest Jamster26

Guest Jamster26

It seems now allot more people who had previously become dis-illusioned with TNA, are starting to come back and give the show another chance.

With WWE looking as stale as ever, I think this is as big as a chance that TNA have had for a while, to make some small steps up the ladder.

I've pretty much always enjoyed impact but these last couple of months, it seems that more and more people are starting to like what TNA offer.

Roode's been very good, and what more can you say about Austin Aries? The guy is amazing, I'd never even heard of him before he came to TNA and it just makes me wonder what other talent is out there that it just waiting to be hand-picked.

Anyway, my question is: do you think TNA can keep the "momentum" that they have built going? Last I heard, the ratings weren't moving very much but I think the key is just to keep putting on quality matches on a frequent basis; which will then get more people tuned in?

I also think these Live Shows are much much MUCH better! I can't emphasise how more alive the shows feel with an enthusiastic and energetic crowd, who actually look and sound like they came to see the wrestling. It really adds to the matches and turns a good match into an excellent one because it sounds like the matches are good!

Edited by Jamster26

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt it, not in any major way. Whilst Impact does seem to be a more stable product these days with less of the Russo swerves for no reason and ilogical decisions I can't help but feel until it really does something that makes it really unique then it's where it.

I mean Chikara, for any detractions it may have, is totally different and I bet would probably do all right as a weekly show where people could follow the bizzareness and enjoy it.

Imact is still a smaller WWE in reality, its not hindered by having Vince involved in evrything but as long as it holds onto the way it's always done things then it can't grow. Gimmicks like the 6 sided ring are pointless BUT old TNA or TNA around Destination X where you get to see a style of wrestling you don't normally get to see seem to always be the thing that turns on the casual, smark fans on again. Could TNA make more of a success by becoming the "wrok rate" company? Maybe...

Guest Ciaran The King
TNA just seems so small time to me even after being around for a decade. I would love for TNA to become a player in the industry but it still needs major changes to become what it so desperately wants to be. I think TNA would be a better place in the long term if Hogan, Angle, RVD, and other's were to leave. I still think there is that feeling that you go there when WWE doesn't want you anymore.

Guest Jamster26

Have you caught any of TNA recently? The general consesus is that it's improved of late.

I think the last PPV, Slammiversary is definitely worth checking out. Austin Aries, Bully Ray and Bobby Roode are all worth checking out.

Guest Ciaran The King
I always watch the PPV's and try to watch Impact when I can but it's always left a bad taste in my mouth

I think TNA should get rid of their 'knockouts' division. I don't think I've ever seen a division with less general appeal or quality than the current womens division in TNA. It's awful. The women, like any women, can't wrestle at all, they can't talk and they aren't even good looking either, so they serve no purpose. It always seems to be a really, really knock off version of the WWE's divas division but I can't pinpoint why it feels that way. I don't like the WWE divas either but those women fit into the WWE shows whereas everything involving women on a TNA show seems to be an afterthought.

I don't think TNA need a womens division. It hurts their product, if anything. They are too talentless and aren't good looking enough to be on TV every single week.

Guest Suphix
Never in a million years thought I would say this, but I am enjoying TNA Impact way more than the WWE product right now. I sincerely hope they can keep it up

Guest Jimmy Redman
I think TNA should get rid of their 'knockouts' division. I don't think I've ever seen a division with less general appeal or quality than the current womens division in TNA. It's awful. The women, like any women, can't wrestle at all, they can't talk and they aren't even good looking either, so they serve no purpose. It always seems to be a really, really knock off version of the WWE's divas division but I can't pinpoint why it feels that way. I don't like the WWE divas either but those women fit into the WWE shows whereas everything involving women on a TNA show seems to be an afterthought.

I don't think TNA need a womens division. It hurts their product, if anything. They are too talentless and aren't good looking enough to be on TV every single week.

No offense but you're pretty wrong.

I know you are not a fan of women's wrestling and thats fine, personal taste and all that, but if you're talking about in general about its appeal to people who arent you, you're just wrong. The Knockouts have consistently been TNA's best ratings draws since they were invented. If you work off the basis that all TNA cares about is TV ratings, the Knockouts Division is really the most successful act they have ever had.

Not personally wanting to see them is fine and whatever, but trying to paint the division as a failure doesnt work. The facts dont back you up.

Especially, as an aside, in comparing them to the Divas. The Divas are historically really quite unsuccessful business-wise and are consistent ratings losers. And its not the fault of the girls, but the fact remains so trying to argue that they're somehow a better division than the KOs, if we're talking general appeal, is quite the trick.

Guest Jamster26
The TNA Knockouts have had a number of decent matches and they have some very talented women wrestlers on their roster. Most of the time, the matches aren't two minute cameos either.

You could say the same about the horrific Cyndi Lauper segment on RAW though, though at the very least that wasn't the ending of the show and the ending of a massive angle.... if it is the end, could be Russo's last swerve!

If it really is the end of the angle then it's atrocious because as bad as it was you could, just about, have made something of it. I'd have been more satisfied to find out AJ was "in on it" the whole time as part of some Machiavellian plan rather than "we're saving a drug addict and for some reason I didn't tell my husband that was what I was doing".

Guest Alexanderdgreat
I think the future looks very bright for TNA with the Austin Aires title reign coming. Also the new ideas they have experimented with on the show have been very innovative. It is a must watch program for any wrestling fan, but I'm not really sure how you break into the main stream with the casual fan.

I'd hardly say it's must watch. Better than it was for sure but it's still littered with things that are incredibly annoying for any reasonable casual fan. Again, that's not say WWE is better, don;t watch it at all so I don't really know or care.

TNA need to rediscover what made them great 5 years ago and get back to that really.

Guest Ciaran The King

TNA need to rediscover what made them great 5 years ago and get back to that really.

Six sided ring and no ex-WWE stars

If you think about it, who has been making the most out of the "indie darlings" lately? TNA should be the company that gets some of the best days out of guys like Hero, Punk, Bryan, Castengoli etc rather than heading right into WWE developmental.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity