Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Cena vs Punk at Summerslam?

Guest Ciaran The King

Guest Ciaran The King

Can't wait for this :sad:

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/059/5/c/john___eternal_push___cena_by_svp_cule-d3am08i.jpg

Summerslam 2012

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ciaran The King
:lol

I don't think he will win, Ciaran.

This is John Cena were talking about, the man who beats the odds every time

Guest Horowitz

I think he will. He did the job last year for Punk so I think it's Punks turn this year.

The only good to possibly come out of this is if it's a plan to have Cena put someone else over down the line to lift someone elses profile.

Guest Ciaran The King

The only good to possibly come out of this is if it's a plan to have Cena put someone else over down the line to lift someone elses profile.

More like ruin a wrestlers chances of getting over

Guest Jimmy Redman

It doesnt look like he should, really.

But the other thing is that Punk has held the title for a long time. He has to lose it some time.

I'm okay with Punk dropping the title soon, I know all good things have to come to an end. I just can't see it being Cena.

Surely the best thing to do with have him drop the title as some kind of pay off to this whole AJ angle? I'd much rather have Punk drop it to Bryan than another Cena title reign.

Guest Ciaran The King

Surely the best thing to do with have him drop the title as some kind of pay off to this whole AJ angle? I'd much rather have Punk drop it to Bryan than another Cena title reign.

I agree, the Cena reigns still fresh and if he was to become champion again I would rather it would happen late 2012 early 2013 depending on WM plans.

Personally I would rather Punk drop it to Ziggler, Bryan or maybe Brock?

Guest Jimmy Redman
I'm okay with Punk dropping the title soon, I know all good things have to come to an end. I just can't see it being Cena.

I agree with you completely. I'm just saying, we're discussing the possibility of Punk/Cena at Summerslam, which would mean Punk keeping the title through this feud.

Guest Ciaran The King
which would mean Punk keeping the title through this feud.

Which would be very refreshing.

I agree with you completely. I'm just saying, we're discussing the possibility of Punk/Cena at Summerslam, which would mean Punk keeping the title through this feud.

I don't honestly see how Punk/Cena is gonna work. They're essentially to two top faces in the WWE right now and I can't se how they'd have them work a program together without one of them being "the bad guy" and not make it boring as all balls.

Guest Ciaran The King
I don't honestly see how Punk/Cena is gonna work. They're essentially to two top faces in the WWE right now and I can't se how they'd have them work a program together without one of them being "the bad guy" and not make it boring as all balls.

I would assume that Cena would take the Heel role due to fan reaction and not from the direction of the writers.

Guest Jamster26
I'm pretty bored of Punk now though, can't believe I'm saying this but I wouldn't be against a Cena run; just to break up the monopoly of Punk.

Guest Magic
I was really hoping for Punk/Bryan at SS, with Punk dropping the belt. They could go out an put on an awesome match on the biggest PPV of the summer.

Guest Jimmy Redman
I would assume that Cena would take the Heel role due to fan reaction and not from the direction of the writers.

Yeah, Cena is actually more suited than any other big face for babyface matches, because the crowd will just treat him as the heel anyway.

I'm pretty bored of Punk now though, can't believe I'm saying this but I wouldn't be against a Cena run; just to break up the monopoly of Punk.

The MONOPOLY of Punk? Seriously?

This is why we don't get lengthy title runs anymore, because fans have the attention span of a gnat. Just because the guy has held the title for a few months doesn't mean he has a monopoly. He's had a good lengthy reign, nothing more, nothing less.

If anything Cena's had much more of a "monopoly" on the titles over the last 8 years or so than anyone else.

And yeah, Punk holding the title right through to Summerslam would be great for bumping him up the "longest title reign" list. Which I'm all for. Personally I see it as a great boon for Punk to show that WWE are actually taking him seriously and pushing him as a legitimate main eventer.

Unfortunately Punk is probably the one person who's character didn't need the WWE Face Overhaul so instead of making him great it's ended up making Punk not as great as we were all expecting after the Summer of Punk 2.

Guest Da Showstoppa

A payoff to a fantastic angle? In WWE? Surely you jest.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity