Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Your Favorite RAW Moment(s)

TPIB

With the 1,000th episode of RAW just a few days away, I thought it would be appropriate to make this thread to discuss everyone's favorite moment or moments in RAW's history. For me, it is difficult to pick just one moment or match as my favorite (as I am not an eight year old on Tout who thought last week's RAW was the best ever), but one of the moments that stick out in my mind as being a moment that has never been done before and was a true shocking moment to everyone, marks or otherwise, and that moment was the debut of The Nexus.

I cannot recall ever seeing a group debut in such a fashion where they attacked faces and heels alike and ripping the ring to shreds, choking out announcers, and causing general destruction.

There are a lot of RAW moments that I have forgotten over time, but there are a lot of top contenders for the best. Some of the others I hold in high regard are The Undertaker's attempt at a dark wedding with Stephanie, Kane torturing Shane (electrocuting his testicles, as well as throwing him in a flaming dumpster), Bret Hart's return, CM Punk's "pipebomb", The Rock tossing Stone Cold and his belt in the river, Kane unmasking, Vince introducing Bischoff as the RAW GM, and countless others.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd put the debut of Nexus in my top 5 for sure, no doubt, along with CM Punks pipebomb. The Rock returning last February to be the host of WrestleMania was another that I'll forever remember. I'd wanted it for so long and BAM, it's the Rock. I had tears rolling down my face with joy.

Then we have other moments that have been shown on TV. Jericho's debut I think may actually be my all time favourite, and rounding out my top 5 would be when DX went to WCW and tried to get in.

The Heyman ECW revival during the Invasion angle. I was buzzing at 4am, to the extent I went and got my ECW theme music CD and played This Is Extreme until breakfast time...

Guest Ciaran The King

HHH returning and costing Austin the WWE title in January 2001. HHH then proceeded to give Austin the worst beating ever!

Great moment

Guest Jayfunk
I'd put the debut of Nexus in my top 5 for sure, no doubt, along with CM Punks pipebomb. The Rock returning last February to be the host of WrestleMania was another that I'll forever remember. I'd wanted it for so long and BAM, it's the Rock. I had tears rolling down my face with joy.

Then we have other moments that have been shown on TV. Jericho's debut I think may actually be my all time favourite, and rounding out my top 5 would be when DX went to WCW and tried to get in.

the last 1000 episode must have had nothing in them if THAT is in the top 5

Guest Jayfunk

a gang of jobbers debuting is hardly the best moments in raw history Austin has more than 10 better moments himself

there is markism and there reality guys nexus in the grand scheme of things were nothing

http://i.imgur.com/USYZT.jpg

Exactly!

When Nexus showed up on RAW, in the middle of a Main Event and then took out EVERYBODY and tore up the ring, it was exciting. One of the best moments ever on RAW. Sure they fizzled out quickly, but that initial attack was amazing. To be fair Nexus were good up until Summerslam, thats when it went wrong.

One of my fave Nexus moments was the legends in the ring, Ricky Steamboat, Lawler, Malenko etc... We Are One hit and they all came out and you knew shit was going down.

Guest Fatherof10minis

For me as my personal favorite because i was there live in 1998 was austin driving the zamboni to the ring, leaping over cops and diving onto vince and getting arrested in the process. You have to take into consideration the symbolism of the zamboni in detroit at that time. The detroit redwings were on top of the world, stanley cup champions and detroit had officially become hockeytown. The loudest pop i have ever experienced and have heard on television. Great great moment, not to mention the following when undertaker and kane shattered vinces ankle.

For my most emotional moment, i cried like a baby begging for a bottle when austin left a beer in the middle of the ring at the end of raw the night after owen passed. I held it together the whole show til that moment, when even stonecold showed some human emotion in his eyes.

For my actual greatest moment it has to be chris jerichos epic debut on raw. For awhile he had disappeared off WCW television and the rumor mill was rampant that he was jumping ship. He was maybe not the biggest name to jump ship, but he was the most anticipated. I still get chills watching that entrance and watching his name flip on the titantron and the crowd just go f**ckin nuts.

The funniest moment on raw for me would have to be "me choppy choppy, u peepee, kaientai was so underrated.

Guest Jayfunk
Exactly!

When Nexus showed up on RAW, in the middle of a Main Event and then took out EVERYBODY and tore up the ring, it was exciting. One of the best moments ever on RAW. Sure they fizzled out quickly, but that initial attack was amazing. To be fair Nexus were good up until Summerslam, thats when it went wrong.

One of my fave Nexus moments was the legends in the ring, Ricky Steamboat, Lawler, Malenko etc... We Are One hit and they all came out and you knew shit was going down.

why when some one has a different opinion to yours here are a troll or wrong, Inno I am not a troll so your dull attempt at wit is pointless i just have high standards of what i find enjoyable most of the best moments of raw happened between 1997-2003 its not my fault the wwe has been car crash crap pg wrestling for almost a decade is it. blame vince, either way nexus birth was no way event in my top 10

Speaking of Jericho - the phantom title win over Trips that Hebner was forced to reverse. That was a HUGE pop.

[video=youtube;j0Su_XnbpDM]

Edited by Inno

Guest Michael 378
I don't know the exact month or date but dx reuniting in 2006. Very exciting and funny. Great pop for hbk when he saved triple h and another when they did the dx chop.

Guest Ciaran The King
Loved the segment in 2009 when Orton attacked Stephanie, made for great TV and had HHH fuming.

Guest Jimmy Redman
why when some one has a different opinion to yours here are a troll or wrong, Inno I am not a troll so your dull attempt at wit is pointless i just have high standards of what i find enjoyable most of the best moments of raw happened between 1997-2003 its not my fault the wwe has been car crash crap pg wrestling for almost a decade is it. blame vince, either way nexus birth was no way event in my top 10

You cant be serious playing the "opinion" card when YOU are the one telling someone else that their perfectly valid opinion is wrong because Nexus didnt happen during the Attitude Era, and now implying that they have low standards compared to you because of it. Give me a break Jay.

This is our FAVOURITE moments. Historical significance has sh*t all to do with it, people are free to enjoy whatever moment they choose to.

Guest Eddie
I loved seeing Foley win the title, I loved HBK's SCM on Shelton Benjamin, was the last time i saw something that made me say Oh My God but i haven't or hadn't been watching consistently and Flair vs Perfect just because!

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity