Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

WWE RAW Discussion Thread - July 30, 2012 from Cincinnati, OH (#1001)

TPIB

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/shows/raw2012.png

When

United States: Live, Monday Night, July 30, at 8/7c on the USA Network

United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, July 31, at 1AM on SkySportsHD3

Venue

U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati, OH

Confirmed Matches/Events

CM Punk to Kick off the Show

AJ's First Night as the RAW General Manager

Rumored Return of Randy Orton

Build to SummerSlam

Edited by TPIB

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even want anything epic. I just want him to come out and explain how he'd become everything he hated (which he had), and how he's back on track now.

I imagine they'll play the bit about Dwayne making him sick from the original pipebomb promo too, just to remind everyone that this has been coming for over a year.

Guest Da Showstoppa
I don't even want anything epic. I just want him to come out and explain how he'd become everything he hated (which he had), and how he's back on track now.

I imagine they'll play the bit about Dwayne making him sick from the original pipebomb promo too, just to remind everyone that this has been coming for over a year.

That's what I mean by epic. Punk can deliver an amazing promo with that motivation.

Guest Fatherof10minis
Still hesitant how this AJ general manager thing is gonna work. And one point it could be very intriguing but then on the other hand its kinda getting old having a revolving door of general managers. I don't see AJ as a GM longterm which means a possibility of another new GM before wrestlemania IMHO.

I am all for the WWE putting the Divas in non-competitive roles and it has worked wonders for AJ's career. As far as AJ as the RAW GM goes, I imagine it will only last as long as it takes to get the angle done with (whatever that angle may be).

If it were up to me, I would put Eve in as the General Manager. In addition to being biased towards Eve, I believe that Eve's character would sustain better as the GM over AJ's character.

Guest Jimmy Redman
If it were up to me, I would put Eve in as the General Manager. In addition to being biased towards Eve, I believe that Eve's character would sustain better as the GM over AJ's character.

Me too actually. I was thinking about it before 1000, and if I had to choose a new GM I would have gone for Eve. She's already been working in that kind of role, and because she's a permanent member of the roster (as opposed to Mick Foley or whoever) she can do it long term and end the merry go round for a time.

But alas.

Guest Edgehead
I agree Eve wouldn't be a bad choice for GM she was pretty good when she was working for John Laurinaitus

Guest Michael 378
I was actually liking if edge came back and played GM role or Jerry lawler. Once Jim Ross left i thought GM would've been his best fit.

Yeah, I'd have preferred Eve as GM too. Her character is much more suited to a position like that whereas AJ just doesn't fit at all. Fair enough if people like her but is she really an authority figure, as either face or heel? I don't see it. I think this crazy gimmick limits her even further but even without that, she'd lack the presence of a boss. Eve would be my ideal pick out of anyone on the roster.

Fantasy booking time ...I'd like to see some continuation on the mild feud between AJ and Eve. At the same time, AJ uses Bryan as her 'plaything' and gives him title matches one week and then a cage match against Kane the next etc.. Eve protests about AJ being an overall bad GM, they have a match to decide whether AJ or Eve will be GM, and then Bryan, who has decared his love for AJ throughout in order to win favours, turns on her and joins up with Eve.

The Raw set is apparently on fire with the arena currently being evacuated.

http://www.tout.com/m/enlfgc?ref=twrvk9hu

According to attendees at tonight' WWE Raw event at the U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati, a small fire broke out in the arena just over an hour before the start of Raw.

The source of the fire appeared to be a pyro malfunction near the stage. The arena was filled with smoke, the fire alarm went off, and people inside the arena were evacuated as a pre-caution.

Edited by BRM

Those Tout videos are f*cking brutal. Almost as brutal as that stupid Lil Jimmy thing or the Prime Time Players.

Guest FreeSpirit

What an incredibly stupid thing to say by AW

"O'Neil is like Kobe in a hotel room....Unstoppable"

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity