Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

WWE RAW Discussion Thread - August 13, 2012 from Dallas, TX (#1003)

TPIB

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/shows/raw2012.png

When

United States: LIVE, Monday Night, Aug. 13, at 8/7c on Syfy

United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, Aug. 14, at 1AM on SkySportsHD3

Venue

American Airlines Center in Dallas, TX

Confirmed Matches/Events

Non-Title:

CM Punk vs. Big Show

Shawn Michaels to Appear

Final Build to SummerSlam

Edited by TPIB

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Da Showstoppa

Shawn Michaels to appear - simply to get destroyed. Yes Shawn, that's bright going to Raw when Brock has threatened you :D

Mind you, they always said Shawn had more "guts than brains"

And Punk gets a match with the charisma vacuum that is the Big Show. And they both get AA'ed to f*ck by Super Cena who holds up the WWE title as Raw goes off the air.

And Punk gets a match with the charisma vacuum that is the Big Show. And they both get AA'ed to f*ck by Super Cena who holds up the WWE title as Raw goes off the air.
What? In the manner of Big Show laying out both Punk and Cena before holding up the WWE Championship as RAW goes off the air?

Of course, when it's Cena that does it, the whole situation is wrong though... is that right?

Guest Da Showstoppa
What? In the manner of Big Show laying out both Punk and Cena before holding up the WWE Championship as RAW goes off the air?

Of course, when it's Cena that does it, the whole situation is wrong though... is that right?

My point is rather than have Punk look strong going into Summerslam, Super Cena as usual gets the momentum going in. Cena should have triumphed this week, then Show and Cena have the momentum, and people think Punk's in trouble. Then the week before Summerslam, Punk gets the momentum going his way.

Guest HH-Evolution
Indeed - The whole POINT is to make them look like there's threats to that reign...if a defending guy goes in looking like a million bucks and actually WINS, it sorta feels cheap as opposed to when the defending guy is demolished and shown to be up against opponents who MAY just get the better of him in the match. This way, the victory {to those watching who aren't smarks!} is all the sweeter and means much more since they've 'overcome' the odds to win - and the loss, well, it never 'feels great' to watch your hero get demolished no matter HOW much momentum going into battle!

Guest Jimmy Redman

Yeah, Jesus. Anyone complaining about the defending champion being laid out before the PPV match like it is some sort of new invention or an ARGHCENA annoyance cannot have actually watched any WWE TV, like, ever.

'Stoppa should be HAPPY if Cena is standing over Punk at the end of this show, because triumph on the go-home show has always been WWE code for "I am not going to win at the PPV." You DONT want Punk to have momentum going in if you want him to retain the title, thats not how it works.

Challengers get put over on TV, thats only common sense. Like someone said, he only gives a sh*t because apparently wrestlers you personally hate are never allowed to look strong. And ARGHCENA. Calm the f*ck down some.

Guest Da Showstoppa

I hate Cena. Big Slow knocking them both out THIS week would have been better. It does just seem to me that WWE is totally geared to "what's best for Cena"

I'm sick of the guy, and to be honest - I'm getting increasingly sick of WWE.

Guest Jimmy Redman

Once again buddy, if Cena wins the go-home, he will lose on the PPV. Its got nothing to do with pushing Cena and everything to do with the way that WWE books feuds Even Stevens. They cant help themselves. Everyone wins one week.

(And, umm, the show hasnt happened yet so we dont know who is standing tall or not.)

Guest HH-Evolution
I'm sick of the guy, and to be honest - I'm getting increasingly sick of WWE.

Considering the show is now 3 hours and probably likely to contain more of what you hate for a good while anyway, you have plenty of reasons to just up arms and give up on them completely...because, well, they aren't going to change tactic anytime soon.

'Stoppa should be HAPPY if Cena is standing over Punk at the end of this show, because triumph on the go-home show has always been WWE code for "I am not going to win at the PPV." You DONT want Punk to have momentum going in if you want him to retain the title, thats not how it works.

This is one thing which really annoys me about the WWE. It makes the PPV results incredibly predictable and I don't understand why they still think it's a good idea. Predictability is never a good thing and it certainly doesn't make you want to go and buy a PPV. Nobody who watches RAW and realises "A just beat B up, therefore B will win the PPV match" is then going to actually buy the show. Why would they? The whole attraction is in not knowing who will win so if you know who is going to win, where is the draw? It's stupid.

Guest Jimmy Redman

That was one of the best things about Mark Henry 2011.

Before NoC Henry had been destroying everything in his path continually for months. On the go-home, he destroyed Orton. And it freaked me the f*ck out, because my first reaction was "Damn it, he's not going to win." And my second thought was "How cool would it be if Henry actually ran right through Orton on the PPV too? That would make absolutely perfect sense, but they dont book like that."

And...he won, he pinned the babyface clean and won. Because it made perfect sense for him to do so.

I dont mind the theory of Even Stevens, the ideas of shifting momentum, or the champion in danger, or the babyface in danger, or whatever. But its the fact that they uniformly apply it to every single feud like clockwork, with no more thought put into it than "Its his turn this week" that makes things predictable.

Guest Ravenmark

There's been a lot of filler on RAW since it went to 3 hours and the whole 'tout' thing irritates me.

At this point, I'm not looking forward to Summerslam, neither of the Main Events excites me. The Big Show has improved recently, but I'm not interested in the three way dance.

CM Punk (along with Daniel Bryan) is the best thing in WWE at the moment.

There's a rumour Cena will take the belt next Sunday, with Rock winning at Rumble and going on to face Punk at Wrestlemania. I'd be pretty happy with this.

That last segment of RAW was ridiculous. Adverts, Tout video, recap, Tout video, Booker T WWE.com promo, Tout video, Sin Cara entrance, adverts.

...What?! Absolutely nothing happened on there that you couldn't watch elsewhere. It's bullsh*t. If I was a huge fan, I'd have watched the Tout videos, the Booker T one on WWE.com and then seen SmackDown! last week to see the Sheamus/Del Rio angle. You can't have 10 minutes of television where not a single new thing happens. It's a joke.

Guest Edgehead

I actually quite enjoyed it this week. Its the first time in ages that I watched the whole thing without skipping anything. I'm really into CM Punk now & he's definitely acting like more of a tweener than a fully fledged heel.

I was really hoping to see Daniel Bryan added to the title match at Summerslam as I have no interest in seeing him vs Kane & I would be more excited about the main event if it was a fatal four way with Bryan in the mix.

I always enjoy watching Ryback demolish people....the jury is still out on his new entrance music though.

They made Tensai look like a total b*tch jobbing him to Sin Cara in under 2 minutes considering just a few months ago they were trying to build him an an unstoppable monster.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing Brock vs Trips now I just wish they didn't keep making Brock look scared of HHH

I'm quite looking forward to seeing Brock vs Trips now I just wish they didn't keep making Brock look scared of HHH

When will people get that they're not doing that, they're making Brock look like the bully, the monster who picks on who he wants.

I dont think when it comes to psychology, if you're scared of someone, you don't ultimately piss them off beyond believe by attacking their best friend and breaking his arm. The whole thing is that he's goading HHH.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity