Wrestling

WrestleMania 30?

Guest Angle

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Bisch
I reckon it'll be in a stadium somewhere. Given that next year will be the 7th stadium Mania in a row, I can't imagine them booking a smaller indoor arena when they have they've sold 60,000-70,000 tickets every year since 2007.

Guest John Hancock

I really, really don't believe they'll do MSG next year. They seem set on pretending the MetLife is in New York (it isn't by the way) what with the having the Empire State Building on the logo, the promo at this years 'Mania being made up entirely of clips of places not only in a different city, but in a different state. If they're selling 29 as being in New York, I can't see them doing 30 in New York, irrespective of where the actual geography of the event.

Maybe they'll just hold it in the AstroDome and tell everyone it's MSG, because the WWE doesn't recognise state lines anymore, those filthy anti-federalist commies.

Yeah, although they're already having a 'Mania in the Northeast region next year.

Is the Shea Stadium still around? I guess not otherwise they'd be using it.

Edited by Kam

I don't think WrestleMania should be held inside MSG again, at least not in the near future. It's a great arena but it doesn't have a big enough feel to the show, I don't think. WrestleMania is about being extravagant and delivering a spectacle which you can't really do inside a small arena. WrestleMania should be held in stadiums which hold 50,000+.

There was speculation they were looking at the Olympic Stadium in London. I've always been very very skeptical about them doing PPVs outside of the States, but given the strong fan base in the UK, the location, the venue and how well the Olympics have done here, it's not completely out of the realm of possibility. I'd guarantee they wouldn't air it on delay in the States anyway, it would just start much much earlier

but given the strong fan base in the UK, the location, the venue and how well the Olympics have done here, it's not completely out of the realm of possibility.

Not just the UK. People will be coming from as far as Italy.

The WWE also has a very strong fan base in Germany and Belgium, so they would come to London aswell for a PPV as big as WM.

I know I would!

The problem with doing an outside show over here is the weather. It's far too unpredictable. If everything went well, I'm sure it'd be a great spectacle and the WWE would love to sell out the Olympic Stadium. If it went wrong though, you'd have 80,000 soaking wet fans sat in the freezing cold at 4am in the morning when the main event finally comes on. The crowd would be dead.

I'd love to see it happen but there are valid reasons why it's not a great idea.

They could sell official Wrestlemania waterproof coats and have a canopy over the ring, it'd be fine. Besides, the atmosphere would be so electric rain wouldn't stop them from having a good time. It'd be better to have it in the afternoon though, rather than at night.

Staging a show at the Olympic stadium would be a major coup for the WWE, however logistically it's probably just to hard to pull off.

Regarding then trying to make it look as if 29 is in New York when its not. While the actual show will be in Jersey. Fan Axxess and the HOF will more than likely take place in New York so its easy to see why they're putting it under the same umbrella heck the stadium they're using is home to the New York Giants afterall.

If they're not set on holding 30 at MSG then i guess it'll go to the highest bidder.

I'd like 30 at MSG but I agree with Hancock, the way they are promoting 29 would seem to rule that out to me. It obviously make great business sense to be able to triple your gate by doing Stadiums, but I've always thought it looks worse for the TV viewer. Maybe it's just me, but roofless wrestling does my head in until it's properly dark.

Guest John Hancock
Regarding then trying to make it look as if 29 is in New York when its not. While the actual show will be in Jersey. Fan Axxess and the HOF will more than likely take place in New York so its easy to see why they're putting it under the same umbrella heck the stadium they're using is home to the New York Giants afterall.

No one ever cares about the Jets :lol

And, to be pedantic, they're called the "New York" Giants because the franchise was founded and was based in New York until 2010 and their home stadium was too from 1925 to 1976, so it's not like they've always been in New Jersey and just pretend to be in New York because it sounds better. Ironically, the New Jersey Nets basketball team (before they changed to the Brooklyn Nets) played in the exact same city, but, because they were founded in New Jersey, they used that name (they only changed it for a cheap publicity stunt and to make Jay Z, who part owns them, happy), and because the Jets and Giants were founded in New York (both first played at the Polo Grounds in Manhattan), they use that name.

Is the Shea Stadium still around? I guess not otherwise they'd be using it.

Nah, Shea Stadium went in, like, 2008. That was actually the last New York City stadium that the Jets and the Giants used.

The problem with doing an outside show over here is the weather. It's far too unpredictable. If everything went well, I'm sure it'd be a great spectacle and the WWE would love to sell out the Olympic Stadium. If it went wrong though, you'd have 80,000 soaking wet fans sat in the freezing cold at 4am in the morning when the main event finally comes on. The crowd would be dead.

I'd love to see it happen but there are valid reasons why it's not a great idea.

They wouldn't put on a show that started at Midnight in the UK if they held it in the UK. It'd start 7pm/8pm and air live in the states.

They wouldn't put on a show that started at Midnight in the UK if they held it in the UK. It'd start 7pm/8pm and air live in the states.

That's a bit early for the Americans though, isn't it? All sporting PPVs seem to start at roughly 9pm in America, whereas that'd be, what, 3pm at the latest? I'm sure that'd hurt the buyrate.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity