Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

TNA British Bootcamp

Guest thetoxic

Guest thetoxic
tna are having a show based on uk wrestling called british bootcamp , it starts in december it features 4 wrestlers on it, first series has the wrestlers Rockstar Spud Holly Blossom,Hannah Blossom and Marty Scurll, there mentors will be Hulk Hogan and Rollerball Rocco. just thought i would let everyone know

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, Rocco's involved? That's pretty cool. Four great talents they'd be much better off staying where they are.

Yeah, because the possibility of gaining a bit more exposure for British wrestling on TV is just a horrible idea.

Spoke to Spud about this a little bit a week or so ago, and he seems to be taking this uber seriously. He's my pick to win.

Callous is a decent wrestler from what I've seen, but I'd easily say Spud was the best in the country as far as the "complete package" goes. Solid worker, great on a mic, super helpful and always available backstage, just an all round great guy.

I'm gonna stop gushing now, because if he ever reads this he'll take the p*ss out of me about it. :lol

Yeah, Scurll and Rockstar Spud are two of the top wrestlers in the country these days. Spud has come a long way, he's always been good, but now he's great.

They'd be on the lowest paid rung in the TNA ranks, probably not earning much more than they do as top stars in the UK, of which they're probably among the highest earners over here, so they'd be going from a big fish in a small pond to a small fish in a big pond, so to speak.

As for TNA is concerned I think Spud is a perfect fit for the X-Division and in my view he could easily be the natural successor to AJ Styles except Spud is a lot better on the microphone.

Marty could be good in the tag-team division with Magnus but he has that American look.

The Blossom Twins are not the most talented female wrestlers in the UK but they are still great workers and they now how to get a crowd interested in a match.

I hope that they all get deals even if it is just in Ohio Valley Wrestling because they all could add an extra dimension to TNA and their respective divisions.

• 2 months later...

The show was so odd on all levels. On one hand, it was fun to see some British wrestlers in a fairly big show on TV. On the other, it felt like an excuse to raid every CD ever released and stick a song from every album on the show. Also, even though it is a pro wrestling reality show which explains the concept from the outset, it was so blatant in how acted and scripted it was that it made nothing feel even remotely real. At least with World of Hurt, the Lance Storm bits felt like genuine reactions to the gimmicks going on around him. Plus, World of Hurt had a lot of heart and character to it. British Bootcamp feels very forced, like it just wants to get over one character and then pad it out with everything that Jeremy Borash thinks a reality show is.

It's not a bad show by any means, and is doing a great job of making Spud the eventual winner, but it lacks the heart and substance of Tough Enough and World of Hurt. That's not the wrestlers' fault though. It's all in the production.

Guest The Beltster
It was so much better than Tough Enough, which was awful apart from Austin's bollockings at the end of each show.

I think the other guy is better

How did I know you were gonna say this?! :lol

I still haven't had chance to watch it, but I've heard a lot of good things from my mates about this. Apparently Spud instantly looks awesome, so I'm interested to see how this pans out.

Guest Jayfunk
I am serious, he looks bigger and more like a wrestler than spud who is 30 odd and small, plus he has more followers on twitter :lol

what about the twitter followers that measures starrdom

:roll You noodle.

Let's take that as if it were a serious argument (which I know it's not). I imagine most of Marty's followers were gained during his appearance on Take Me Out, as he pimped himself on there as @TakeMeOutMarty for a good long time. Besides, Spud's supposed to be the bad guy, he actively goes out his way to discourage people from liking/following him.

Don't get me wrong, I like Marty, and I'd be quite happy for them both to get TNA contracts and ressurect their feud from 2011/2012 on a bigger stage, as it was all kinds of awesome to watch them go at each other. But character-wise Spud stands head and shoulders above pretty much everyone UK-based for me. But then that's just my opinion. Horses for courses and all that jazz. :)

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity